Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-17, 04:06 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy

how does it feel in sport mode?
Old 04-03-17, 06:09 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacific13
Tony, you make reference to the dedicated tools via OBD to flash/read/write the ECU. What do you mean by dedicated??.. Is it MVCI as usually used with Techstream for Toyota/Lexus or it is something like Ecutek or Alientech?? Thank your job. I follow with interest the development and may be will do the ECU/TECU flash.
I will not disclose the name of the tools, but the process is pretty simple. Once payment (tune cost and tools deposit) is made Tony will email you the drivers for the ECU writing program and OBD to USB cable. The tools ( OBD port connector and license dongle) will then be shipped to you. Once tools are received you will then read the stock tune file and email it to Tony where he will make changes to the parameters for the stage 1 or 2 tune and then have it emailed back to you within a few hours. The next step will be to write the tuned file into the ECU and let the fun begin! Once the tools are returned your tool deposit will be refunded.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sheddy:
matttev (05-10-17), Pacific13 (04-04-17)
Old 04-03-17, 06:25 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gbgary
how does it feel in sport mode?
I haven't really driven it in sport mode yet. I know since we have the 200t all we get is a bit more aggressive gearing and stiffer steering but normal seems to be just fine for me lol
Old 04-03-17, 07:42 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

I will not disclose the name of the tools, but the process is pretty simple. Once payment (tune cost and tools deposit) is made Tony will email you the drivers for the ECU writing program and OBD to USB cable. The tools ( OBD port connector and license dongle) will then be shipped to you. Once tools are received you will then read the stock tune file and email it to Tony where he will make changes to the parameters for the stage 1 or 2 tune and then have it emailed back to you within a few hours. The next step will be to write the tuned file into the ECU and let the fun begin! Once the tools are returned your tool deposit will be refunded.
Hmmm what about fine tuning? so is it like one ready tune for all cars? be it stage 1 or stage 2?
Old 04-03-17, 08:35 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke
Hmmm what about fine tuning? so is it like one ready tune for all cars? be it stage 1 or stage 2?
Tony will take your ECU's stock file and modify it for Stage 1 or 2. Take a look at VW/Audi reflash like APR and Unitronic which are both universal tunes. If you are looking for fine tuning then you will need a tuner with license access to the program and they can adjust on the street or dyno, but I think that TTI did enough R&D on their product and it works just fine!
Old 04-03-17, 08:37 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Tony will take your ECU's stock file and modify it for Stage 1 or 2. Take a look at VW/Audi reflash like APR and Unitronic which are both universal tunes. If you are looking for fine tuning then you will need a tuner with license access to the program and they can adjust on the street or dyno, but I think that TTI did enough R&D on their product and it works just fine!
Ya am discussing that option with them actually...don't like half baked solutions and am sure they can do it if they put their minds to it
Old 04-03-17, 09:08 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Ya am discussing that option with them actually...don't like half baked solutions and am sure they can do it if they put their minds to it
Yea, but from my experience with the stage 1 it's great!
Old 04-03-17, 09:10 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Yea, but from my experience with the stage 1 it's great!
I think with the amount of throttle restriction and other restrictions Lexus put into this car anyone would be very happy with better performance but I guess am seeking MORE than that
Old 04-03-17, 09:27 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I think with the amount of throttle restriction and other restrictions Lexus put into this car anyone would be very happy with better performance but I guess am seeking MORE than that
Haha, soon! Modifications are slowly being released for the 8AR motor.
Old 04-03-17, 09:29 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Haha, soon! Modifications are slowly being released for the 8AR motor.
AMEN
Old 04-04-17, 05:34 AM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Is the tool deposit a significant cost?
Old 04-04-17, 05:52 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cbus
Is the tool deposit a significant cost?
I will have Tony give the full pricing details, but it is refunded to you once the tools are returned.
Old 04-04-17, 05:58 AM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Turbo upgrade and E85 is the where I hope we get to. Even upgrading the internals of the turbo so they remain OEM to the naked eye would be nice. Technically if we can custom tune with the TTI we should be able to modify the car any way we want and have a tuning solution.
Old 04-04-17, 06:12 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zcon
Turbo upgrade and E85 is the where I hope we get to. Even upgrading the internals of the turbo so they remain OEM to the naked eye would be nice. Technically if we can custom tune with the TTI we should be able to modify the car any way we want and have a tuning solution.
Yea the 8AR-FTS motor is still new to the market so hopefully we start seeing more aftermarket performance mods. The market for an upgraded turbo is a long way off since it has a unique design where it bolts on to the head and does not have an exhaust manifold, but with bolt ons and tuning (E85 maybe) we should be able to squeeze some power from this platform. TTI has developed the stage 1 tune which is safe for the stock motor and stage 2 which will require intake/down pipe for a better breathing turbo.

Last edited by Sheddy; 04-04-17 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-04-17, 06:44 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zcon
that's exactly why I asked Sheddy if its a custom tune or just a ready file, am concerned that if it is pre modified parameters then we wont go anywhere with that except temporary fun till we get bored again

I already sent the deposit and tools are on the way, stage 2 should be in by next week

Quick Reply: IS200t tune