Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-20 | 11:06 AM
paulmantis
Rookie

I was having idle codes getting thrown. It was idling high, Matt just sent me a few different revisions of the tune until the high idle went away.
The following users liked this post:
Minitech (03-10-20)
Old 03-10-20 | 03:49 PM
Minitech
Rookie

Watching your vid, I so miss my 1.02 tune! Btw i like that exhaust note Sent Matt an email Saturday so just waiting to hear back on what he says.
Old 03-10-20 | 09:50 PM
paulmantis
Rookie

Originally Posted by Minitech
Watching your vid, I so miss my 1.02 tune! Btw i like that exhaust note Sent Matt an email Saturday so just waiting to hear back on what he says.

thank you!!!! I love it as well, it’s just right for my needs (and what my wife will tolerate lol)
Minitech (03-11-20)
Old 03-11-20 | 07:21 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by jaycedog
I personally like tuning boxes better simply because of the fact I know I can easily remove it and leave no trace.
You can do the same with a flash tune and it's even easier. Tuning boxes you have to plug and play and sometimes the plugs can be difficult. Flash tune, is one plug into your OBD2 port, upload and done.
Old 03-11-20 | 07:23 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Waiting for a revised file from OVT for my mods. Hope it's good. I'll try driving it for a few and do a dyno after some run time.
Minitech (03-18-20)
Old 03-11-20 | 08:33 PM
RC350s
Driver

Originally Posted by tnilc
You can do the same with a flash tune and it's even easier. Tuning boxes you have to plug and play and sometimes the plugs can be difficult. Flash tune, is one plug into your OBD2 port, upload and done.
Exactly. I can flash it faster than messing with the JB4, and the tuning boxes cant hold a candle to the powerband a tune makes. What people forget is the TCU tune also makes a huge difference and is probably my favorite mod. It changes the tranny from sluggish and reluctant to downshift, to snappy and rev-happy... how it should have been from the factory. I have both the TTI tune and the OVT tune and both are good with no issues so far. The OVT tune makes slightly more power up top, while the TTI tune is more smooth in the midrange. Both give lots of low end torque and remove the throttle delay, which a tuning box cannot do. Right now im running the OVT ECU tune, with the TTI TCU tune on top of it since with the TTI tune, you can flash the ECU and TCU separately. I still have my JB4 collecting dust, if anyone wants to buy it off me
Old 03-11-20 | 11:33 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RC350s
Right now im running the OVT ECU tune, with the TTI TCU tune on top of it since with the TTI tune, you can flash the ECU and TCU separately.
I'm curious about this. Is the difference with TTi's TCU tune on top of OVT's tune significant for you? There seemed to be nothing much going on when I did the same on my NX (I also own both companies' tunes). Thanks
Old 03-12-20 | 08:16 AM
RC350s
Driver

Originally Posted by chezgk
I'm curious about this. Is the difference with TTi's TCU tune on top of OVT's tune significant for you? There seemed to be nothing much going on when I did the same on my NX (I also own both companies' tunes). Thanks
There isnt a huge difference between the OVT TCU and the TTI TCU tune, but there is a big difference over stock. I use the TTI TCU tune since it seems a bit more snappy and holds the gear (at higher RPMs) longer, especially when cornering
Old 03-13-20 | 05:10 PM
illdanny
Driver School Candidate

There isnt a huge difference between the OVT TCU and the TTI TCU tune, but there is a big difference over stock. I use the TTI TCU tune since it seems a bit more snappy and holds the gear (at higher RPMs) longer, especially when cornering
is there a way to share this tune with other people? i just got my IS in December and none of them are available any more, if any of you would be willing to work with me and maybe help me get the ecu and tcu tune on my car I’d really appreciate it🙏🏻
Old 03-14-20 | 11:33 AM
RC350s
Driver

the tune is matched to your specific ECU ID and firmware. However right now im using BitEdit to modify the tune and customize it to my mods. I had a catless downpipe but hated the raspyness so I just got this bad boy in:

PPE Engineering catted downpipe. It wasnt cheap, but the quality of PPE is the best you can get

Old 03-14-20 | 04:12 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

the tune is matched to your specific ECU ID and firmware. However right now im using BitEdit to modify the tune and customize it to my mods. I had a catless downpipe but hated the raspyness so I just got this bad boy in:

PPE Engineering catted downpipe. It wasnt cheap, but the quality of PPE is the best you can get

Let us know how it sounds with the catted dp please. I also hate the way my car sounds with the catless pipe and I'm considering going back to stock or with the catted dp.
Old 03-14-20 | 05:52 PM
RideLex
Rookie

how is bitedit for tuning? Any limitations? Are you using it to edit OV or TTI tunes?
Old 03-15-20 | 09:48 AM
illdanny
Driver School Candidate

looks great! Do you still have your catless one? Id be interested in buying it from you. Also how does bitedit work? Does it create a new tune that u can upload to other cars?
Old 03-15-20 | 04:05 PM
RC350s
Driver

Originally Posted by RideLex
how is bitedit for tuning? Any limitations? Are you using it to edit OV or TTI tunes?
Like Matt from OVT said, BitEdit is not great, but its fun to play with and see how the car responds. You have to be careful because if you dont know what you are doing, you can really mess things up. ...no comment on the files im modding

The video is a bit old, but you can get the basic idea here:

Originally Posted by Miintt
Let us know how it sounds with the catted dp please. I also hate the way my car sounds with the catless pipe and I'm considering going back to stock or with the catted dp.
I will. I had an Akrapovic catted DP on my JCW, and it wasn't too loud. I did have it paired with the stock JCW exhaust though
Minitech (03-15-20)
Old 03-26-20 | 07:06 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Facebook Post
Facebook Post
Facebook Post
· Interested in Tuning your own IS200T, NX200T, RC200T (2015-2020)?
2.0L and 1.2L FTS Turbo Engines supported

vF Tuner for the 8AR will be releasing in April! Stay TUNED!
- More tables than ANY software
- High Speed Datalogging
- Fail proof Flashing, Brick Protection
- unlimited access
- and much more.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune