Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-20, 07:09 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

If you have the Flash Tune kit, you can get a 60% off the vF tuner kit.

I have no idea how to do any of that stuff lol
Old 03-30-20, 09:46 AM
Tortilla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
It sure did, even with my stock air box you can hear it.
hey I just got my downpipe and I was wondering if you have and idea how to install it. The only thing i know is to remove the turbo muffler delete and the heat shield. Thanks
Old 04-02-20, 05:57 AM
asmaxx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'm new to forum and welcome everyone. I became the owner of the IS 200t. Unfortunately in Poland there is no tuner doing good chip tuning. Most give ready-made boxes. There is no one in the Polish forum. I wrote to Orangevirus Tuning and are no longer engaged in chip tuning. TTi did not reply to the email. Do you have information who does it best by mail order? I like the Lexus IS 200t very much, but this delay in starting and the sluggishness of the gearbox is very annoying in such an aggressive-looking car.
Thank you very much for the answers and tips.
Old 04-02-20, 07:07 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Some quick pulls with the OV tune, now that almost no one else is on the road due to the lockdown. Tach is also visible on the bottom portion, so you folks can see the rev limit was raised. Speed is in kph, so 60 mph = 96.6 kph, 100 mph = 160.9 kph, 120 mph = 193.1 (never hit that, since other cars appeared). With the tune, the NX pulls well even beyond 160 kph. The stock tune would have had a hard time getting to 190 kph given the repeated lifts.

Last edited by chezgk; 04-02-20 at 07:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Minitech (04-22-20)
Old 04-02-20, 07:32 PM
tnilc
Instructor

OVTune no longer offering flash kits and tuning services.

Only offering their DIY tuning software. Luckily, if you have purchased their previous flash kits, we will still receive same tuning services as before.

I'm going to purchase the tuning software, but I don't know what I'm doing, so I hope I can find someone that does lol
Minitech (04-22-20)
Old 04-05-20, 10:51 PM
vanillatag
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am glad I got my tune before OVT stopped offering them.

@tnilc What does the tuning software do? Do you also get it from OVT?
Old 04-14-20, 09:32 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

hi everyone!

So, with my new-to-me IS300 F Sport RWD, I am very highly considering a tuning box and with the help of member Flash5, have narrowed it down to either Tom's tuning box or the Burger Motorsports JB4 tune. Both are around the same price, although I read somewhere that the wiring needs to be tinkered with on one of the adapters with the Tom's unit, which is not ideal.

I want to improve the car's performance without straining the engine too heavily and I *think* this is the way to go since they are milder than ECU flash tunes and also are discreet enough so that they can be removed when/if the car has problems and has to go to the dealer as my car is under bumper-to-bumper warranty until 2026.

Anyhow, which of the two would you recommend? This is my first time EVER messing with anything under the hood, so I have no idea what I'm getting into other than both of these are pretty easy to install and won't eff up my engine in a year's time.

Thoughts? Comments? Advice?
Old 04-14-20, 02:30 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by davyjordi
hi everyone!

So, with my new-to-me IS300 F Sport RWD, I am very highly considering a tuning box and with the help of member Flash5, have narrowed it down to either Tom's tuning box or the Burger Motorsports JB4 tune. Both are around the same price, although I read somewhere that the wiring needs to be tinkered with on one of the adapters with the Tom's unit, which is not ideal.

I want to improve the car's performance without straining the engine too heavily and I *think* this is the way to go since they are milder than ECU flash tunes and also are discreet enough so that they can be removed when/if the car has problems and has to go to the dealer as my car is under bumper-to-bumper warranty until 2026.

Anyhow, which of the two would you recommend? This is my first time EVER messing with anything under the hood, so I have no idea what I'm getting into other than both of these are pretty easy to install and won't eff up my engine in a year's time.

Loved my BMS Stage 1 tune. It was great. I’d have upgraded to JB but I went with OVT since there was more possibilities.
Old 04-14-20, 03:12 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tnilc
Loved my BMS Stage 1 tune. It was great. I’d have upgraded to JB but I went with OVT since there was more possibilities.
okay, so pardon my ignorance, but is the bms stage 1 tune the same as the bms jb4 tune? i don't see an option on their website for a 'stage 1' tune, but perhaps i'm just not looking in the right place?
Old 04-14-20, 03:12 PM
MacroZed
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

hi everyone!

I liked my BMS Stage 1 tune. I too was not wanting to flash with OV tune because my car is leased.

I am no longer using my BMS, if you're interested. I'm in East County SD.

Old 04-14-20, 03:37 PM
MacroZed
Rookie

okay, so pardon my ignorance, but is the bms stage 1 tune the same as the bms jb4 tune? i don't see an option on their website for a 'stage 1' tune, but perhaps i'm just not looking in the right place?
BMS Stage 1 was released earlier than the JB4 for our cars. I believe that you can buy the upgrade from Burger to upgrade the Stage 1 to JB4.

I think it's really the same hardware, but more aggressive maps.

https://tougetuning.com/wp-content/u...structions.pdf
davyjordi (04-14-20)
Old 04-14-20, 03:40 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

They got rid of the “stage 1” when they came out with the JB4. The JB4 replaced it and they sold an upgrade kit for those who had bought the stage 1 earlier. I was one of those who had to buy the upgrade kit lol.
davyjordi (04-14-20)
Old 04-14-20, 06:09 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

got it. thanks all. i might pull the trigger...to the east county guy, i just might contact you. can i ask why you aren't using it anymore? or what replaced it?
Old 04-14-20, 06:29 PM
MacroZed
Rookie

got it. thanks all. i might pull the trigger...to the east county guy, i just might contact you. can i ask why you aren't using it anymore? or what replaced it?
My lease is ending. I'm going to replace it with a Cayman, hence no use for this thing.

PM me if you're interested. I'm not wanting too much for it.

Also, you know that Burger will not ship these to Cali address, right?
Old 04-14-20, 06:56 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MacroZed
My lease is ending. I'm going to replace it with a Cayman, hence no use for this thing.

PM me if you're interested. I'm not wanting too much for it.

Also, you know that Burger will not ship these to Cali address, right?
did not know that, but that's super annoying. i think i'm going to steer away from the tune only because i've been reading various discussions online and have come across things like,

"It (a tune) can have an effect depending on how you drive it. Tunes also adjust knock retard, timing, and fuel trims for different operating temps. I would say a stock engine will out live a tuned engine. Hence why tuning an engine voids the warranty."

and

"It drives me crazy when people do not use common sense.. it’s that whole "a flame that burns twice as bright" deal. If Acura could keep the motor running longer and safer with a better tune they would. These cars are detuned for a reason. Apply common sense and not a point you are trying to prove here."

and

"But the question was does the tune shorten the life of an engine. And the answer in most cases is yes."

and

"So you're saying driving a car stock vs a car with a leaner mixture, advanced timing, increased rev limiter, and different fuel trim strategies will last the same? No."

i'm planning on keeping this car longterm, so i think i'll just live with the stock hp and tq. i came from a 250 anyhow, so this is an upgrade. haha

Quick Reply: IS200t tune