Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-20, 02:33 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

So, for those of you who are having problems with the OV tune or are waiting for a proper tune, Tork Motorsports is looking for a donor car local the Auburn, WA area to finesse his tune on the vehicle that he has currently set up for the NX Saudi community. His email is tuned@damnfastdd.com and his website is www.damnfastdd.com.

I have no affiliation with Tork motorsports, other than having my newest stable addition, a FIAT 124 Spider Lusso being tuned by them. The head guy's name is John, is super friendly/personable and super knowledgeable. He has the full ECU index already due to the tunes he's set up for the Saudi market, but wants to create a tune specific to the IS200t/300. He came to know that I had a Lexus when I mentioned that I was running a piggyback unit (the TOM'S unit) on my IS 300 F Sport and asked what the community was like on the forums here, so I told him a bit about us and said I'd post his info in the event anyone is interested.

Anyhow, just thought I'd throw that out there.
The following users liked this post:
shumasta (07-13-20)
Old 07-13-20, 01:36 PM
Minitech
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by shumasta
So how is the car right now bro? Are you happy with the 1.03 performance? Or did it go back into limp mode?

Btw, could you control boost with Ov tune?
Hey @shumasta and everybody reading so I have good news and...some bad news. First off in regards to boost control no i cannot change it with my software VF-Flash (its more of a loader for the tune files then a tuner where you can make parameter changes). Anyways back to the 1.03 Tune file itself, So far I have been running the file 1.03 "Base Boost1.2.vft" tune for about a week. The good news is so far it has not set any fault codes.... The bad news is (at least for me) i found that 1.03 has less power than even my first tune file from last year from OV 1.01-g-c. Honestly, it seems sort of close to stock from the best I can tell. I will say in Matts defense I have not contacted him OV yet to check on if this is normal. Also, the temps are pretty hot here in NC, they have been in the upper 80s&90s so I can't say for sure yet, heck it may set up more for colder weather. I am running 93 oct fuel (the highest I can get in my area of North Carolina). Also, it seems like with this tune the trans shifting pattern and gas pedal seem dialed back pretty close to stock. I even did the reset engine and transmission learned data as I always do anytime I change a tune file. Yesterday and today to really compare I decided to switch back over to 1.01 G-C….. and it was honestly a big improvement over 1.03. I may just stick to 1.01g-c until I can get back in contact with Matt. Sorry, i don't have better news right now, but i hope this helps keep everyone up to date on how 1.03 is coming along so far at least for my car. Thanks!
The following 2 users liked this post by Minitech:
Is200tnc (07-18-20), shumasta (07-17-20)
Old 07-17-20, 11:08 PM
shumasta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Minitech
Hey @shumasta and everybody reading so I have good news and...some bad news. First off in regards to boost control no i cannot change it with my software VF-Flash (its more of a loader for the tune files then a tuner where you can make parameter changes). Anyways back to the 1.03 Tune file itself, So far I have been running the file 1.03 "Base Boost1.2.vft" tune for about a week. The good news is so far it has not set any fault codes.... The bad news is (at least for me) i found that 1.03 has less power than even my first tune file from last year from OV 1.01-g-c. Honestly, it seems sort of close to stock from the best I can tell. I will say in Matts defense I have not contacted him OV yet to check on if this is normal. Also, the temps are pretty hot here in NC, they have been in the upper 80s&90s so I can't say for sure yet, heck it may set up more for colder weather. I am running 93 oct fuel (the highest I can get in my area of North Carolina). Also, it seems like with this tune the trans shifting pattern and gas pedal seem dialed back pretty close to stock. I even did the reset engine and transmission learned data as I always do anytime I change a tune file. Yesterday and today to really compare I decided to switch back over to 1.01 G-C….. and it was honestly a big improvement over 1.03. I may just stick to 1.01g-c until I can get back in contact with Matt. Sorry, i don't have better news right now, but i hope this helps keep everyone up to date on how 1.03 is coming along so far at least for my car. Thanks!
Hey @Minitech thanks so much for the review and its very helpful for us who are thinking of tuning this platform.

I think the story has been stuck with the 1.03 for some time now without any further updates and I sorta doubt that there will be anymore done on OV's side.

Old 07-17-20, 11:37 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

I've been on my first and only tune from OV.

It's worked well, no issues at all. When I sent me data log, it was without my axle backs. I still haven't reached out to OVTune about a new tune with my axlebacks. I think my transmission needs tuning. I have a burring drone at from 1-2k rpms. I also feel like my transmission shifts way too soon under 2k rpms which helps create the drone. I don't know enough about this stuff but I'm hoping a proper transmission tune and some adjustments helps either reduce or get rid of the drone.
The following users liked this post:
Minitech (07-24-20)
Old 07-18-20, 12:33 AM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Minitech
where in NC are you located at?
Wanna chat. Message me thru Instagram
@Is200tnc
Old 08-17-20, 04:12 PM
paulmantis
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Angry Sad

I'm really sad OV abandoned their customers and this thread died.
Old 08-17-20, 04:28 PM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Just bring a little hope back for a 200t flash tune from D3 performance
Old 08-17-20, 04:36 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NikNikNik

Just bring a little hope back for a 200t flash tune from D3 performance
tti performance is still doing tunes for our platform. Their dangles etc are back in stock and available.
Old 08-18-20, 05:19 PM
timghetta
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Is200tnc
tti performance is still doing tunes for our platform. Their dangles etc are back in stock and available.
Bought one today
Old 08-19-20, 12:22 AM
Hotsauxe
Driver School Candidate

Default JB4 still available?

i was wondering if you still have the JB4 tune for sale? If yes ,how much? Will it fit on
17 IS200t ? Thanks

Originally Posted by RC350s
Fine to have an opinion, but if you haven't bought or tested any of these tunes....Yikes.

I have bought and tested. The tune wins by a huge margin. Also, the OVT tune is only $200 more than the JB4, so its a no-brainer to get the tune.

I have a used JB4 for sale collecting dust if anyone wants it, but since the tune came out nobody wants them...
Old 08-19-20, 12:42 AM
Hotsauxe
Driver School Candidate

Default Still got the JB4?

do you still have JB4 tuner? If yes, will it fit
2017 Is 200t Thanks

Originally Posted by RC350s
Exactly. I can flash it faster than messing with the JB4, and the tuning boxes cant hold a candle to the powerband a tune makes. What people forget is the TCU tune also makes a huge difference and is probably my favorite mod. It changes the tranny from sluggish and reluctant to downshift, to snappy and rev-happy... how it should have been from the factory. I have both the TTI tune and the OVT tune and both are good with no issues so far. The OVT tune makes slightly more power up top, while the TTI tune is more smooth in the midrange. Both give lots of low end torque and remove the throttle delay, which a tuning box cannot do. Right now im running the OVT ECU tune, with the TTI TCU tune on top of it since with the TTI tune, you can flash the ECU and TCU separately. I still have my JB4 collecting dust, if anyone wants to buy it off me
Old 09-13-20, 09:11 PM
RC350s
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotsauxe
do you still have JB4 tuner? If yes, will it fit
2017 Is 200t Thanks
no, gave it to a buddy, sorry
Old 09-27-20, 10:33 AM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

So time to bring some life back here, I got my car flash tuned and dynoed 2 days ago by D3 performance and we saw a increase of 34 whp and 45 lbs after 3200 rpms all the way to redline, but this is still in testing and I'm sure ill go back and get some more fine-tuning. ill keep yall updated on this tune and it seems like it's our only hope as of right now

also, anyone selling an invida mid-pipe here... DM me
Old 09-27-20, 12:57 PM
DarthLex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NikNikNik
So time to bring some life back here, I got my car flash tuned and dynoed 2 days ago by D3 performance and we saw a increase of 34 whp and 45 lbs after 3200 rpms all the way to redline, but this is still in testing and I'm sure ill go back and get some more fine-tuning. ill keep yall updated on this tune and it seems like it's our only hope as of right now

also, anyone selling an invida mid-pipe here... DM me
Do you have any other mods and type of gas?
Old 09-27-20, 01:06 PM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DarthLex
Do you have any other mods and type of gas?
nothing that would really add much power I have a remark axle back aka muffler delete and aem intake pipe with the stock air box
93 shell

Quick Reply: IS200t tune