Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-20, 05:06 AM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Time bring hope again to this thread, dropped my car off to d3 performance for a new turbo and cooling upgrade. Time to finally have some power, how much power? Not a clue, have to wait 2 weeks ish to see.
The following 2 users liked this post by NikNikNik:
fbortko73 (09-18-21), shumasta (12-01-20)
Old 12-01-20, 04:06 PM
RC350s
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by NikNikNik
Time bring hope again to this thread, dropped my car off to d3 performance for a new turbo and cooling upgrade. Time to finally have some power, how much power? Not a clue, have to wait 2 weeks ish to see.
Im rooting for ya. I was about to pull the trigger on the GotTuned hybrid turbo, but want to see dyno numbers first to see if its even worth it. not looking for crazy numbers but Ive squeezed every last bit out of the stock turbo and its performance, especially in the high rpms, is downright pathetic
Old 12-01-20, 04:08 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RC350s
Im rooting for ya. I was about to pull the trigger on the GetTuned hybrid turbo, but want to see dyno numbers first to see if its even worth it. not looking for crazy numbers but Ive squeezed every last bit out of the stock turbo and its performance, especially in the high rpms, is downright pathetic
I'm curious as well. I have the hybrid turbo from tti motorsports with a custom tune and saw great improvements. Curious to see what kind of numbers do can pull out.
Old 12-01-20, 05:49 PM
shumasta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Is200tnc
I'm curious as well. I have the hybrid turbo from tti motorsports with a custom tune and saw great improvements. Curious to see what kind of numbers do can pull out.
Did you manage to dyno your car by the way?
Old 12-01-20, 06:39 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Originally Posted by shumasta
Did you manage to dyno your car by the way?
I havent. Shops around here have been closed. It performs really well. Raced a buddys 2020 nx350 last night. Dusted him bad. Raced him before the turbo and he got me. So noticeable change.
The following users liked this post:
shumasta (12-01-20)
Old 12-01-20, 07:15 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

How was the process for TTi's custom tune? I have their stage 1 license but am currently running a custom OVTune. I paid for OV's VFTuner and got it activated, in preparation for a hybrid turbo purchase, but the local tuner who was supposed to work on my file unfortunately passed away.

All that said, TTi seems to be my only option for the GotTuned hybrid turbo. I also have a catted downpipe for the NX inbound. Anyone know if I'll need a new tune for that, given the fact that I'm already running a custom one?
Old 12-01-20, 07:25 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Originally Posted by chezgk
How was the process for TTi's custom tune? I have their stage 1 license but am currently running a custom OVTune. I paid for OV's VFTuner and got it activated, in preparation for a hybrid turbo purchase, but the local tuner who was supposed to work on my file unfortunately passed away.

All that said, TTi seems to be my only option for the GotTuned hybrid turbo. I also have a catted downpipe for the NX inbound. Anyone know if I'll need a new tune for that, given the fact that I'm already running a custom one?
the custom tune is good. We did a few tests and logging to get the tune dialed in. Still need to dyno so we can make a few changes and verify that what I'm running is at peak. We have a mild tune in the car at the moment until i get the dyno done and we can see the numbers etc.
the got tuned turbo looks good. Went thru the specs etc with one of their techs a while back and it seems good. Only issue I see is when talking to them they tried to tell me that the turbo is a plug and play no tune etc needed when installed. I find that extremely hard to believe. Finding a company to tune the hybrid turbo is difficult. Most companies are not messing with our platform anymore as the demand is low. I have reached out to several places trying to get a dyno tune instead of a email tune with no luck.
chezgk (12-01-20)
Old 12-01-20, 07:53 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

the custom tune is good. We did a few tests and logging to get the tune dialed in. Still need to dyno so we can make a few changes and verify that what I'm running is at peak. We have a mild tune in the car at the moment until i get the dyno done and we can see the numbers etc.
the got tuned turbo looks good. Went thru the specs etc with one of their techs a while back and it seems good. Only issue I see is when talking to them they tried to tell me that the turbo is a plug and play no tune etc needed when installed. I find that extremely hard to believe. Finding a company to tune the hybrid turbo is difficult. Most companies are not messing with our platform anymore as the demand is low. I have reached out to several places trying to get a dyno tune instead of a email tune with no luck.
Thanks for the reply! I don't mind doing logs and remote tunes but do wish there was a way to build on OV's custom tune on my NX, since that was excellent.

Were you given some sort of "limp" tune to run after the new turbo was installed and before any logging happened? Was the logger TTi's own software?

And yes, I agree that plug and play, no-tune advice for a hybrid turbo that's claimed to be capable of over 300hp is rather questionable. I do plan to keep whatever tune I end up with at 10 to 15%-ish below max power for longevity - 280 on a 320 setup, for example.

Thanks again.
Old 12-01-20, 09:10 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Originally Posted by chezgk
Thanks for the reply! I don't mind doing logs and remote tunes but do wish there was a way to build on OV's custom tune on my NX, since that was excellent.

Were you given some sort of "limp" tune to run after the new turbo was installed and before any logging happened? Was the logger TTi's own software?

And yes, I agree that plug and play, no-tune advice for a hybrid turbo that's claimed to be capable of over 300hp is rather questionable. I do plan to keep whatever tune I end up with at 10 to 15%-ish below max power for longevity - 280 on a 320 setup, for example.

Thanks again.
the data logging i had to use my own set up. Installed a wide band O2 sensor to track air fuel ratios etc. Used an app on my phone and did screen grabs etc while doing pulls wide open throttle etc and sent those in to get some adjustments. 1st tune had issue with throttle position map. Fixed that and then we did a few others to dial in a little more power boost etc. Tansmission tune is the stage 2 plus set up I have had and works fine with the added power.
chezgk (12-02-20)
Old 12-10-20, 02:00 PM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Update tried doing a upgrade to the oem system but it was not worth doing at all, so we have move to custom front mount setup.
will update once I get more done
shumasta (12-12-20)
Old 02-17-21, 08:31 PM
dmoua68
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any update on reflashing the ECU to eliminate the throttle handicap before 4K RPM?
Old 02-26-21, 03:22 PM
benla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

how i can dyno the is200t.
We try it and had many struggle from the rear axis, i think the traction control has intervened.
The result 181 crank hp and a very creepy power curve.
We have deactivate trc and asc via button (5 sec push).
Have the is200t a dyno Mode? Is the paddle dance needed for a valid dyno result?
Old 03-03-21, 06:00 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by dmoua68
Any update on reflashing the ECU to eliminate the throttle handicap before 4K RPM?
The D3 Performance tune seems to have solved it, I am very happy with the difference.
Old 03-07-21, 11:59 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Anyone still on the Orange Virus Tune? I might make a change to D3, but wanted to know if anyone has done so before.
Minitech (03-08-21)
Old 03-08-21, 08:21 AM
Minitech
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm too am still on an old OV tune myself, i would be interested in possibly going to D3 depending on how happy folks are with it when compared to OV, specifically with the transmission as i am not sure if that tune includes the transmission tune as well or only engine? With OV the trans shift point and response is good but the throttle/pedal delay is certainly pretty bad for sure.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune