Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-21, 09:05 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Minitech
I'm too am still on an old OV tune myself, i would be interested in possibly going to D3 depending on how happy folks are with it when compared to OV, specifically with the transmission as i am not sure if that tune includes the transmission tune as well or only engine? With OV the trans shift point and response is good but the throttle/pedal delay is certainly pretty bad for sure.
I am considering checking with my credit card company regarding a charge back with OV because I never received any service or responses for follow up tunes which was part of the purchase. I've only received the first tune, which luckily for me was good enough over stock. I sent several data logs at their request but never any follow up tunes.

I think I'll check with D3 regarding transmission tuning. I have a PPE catless downpipe, with full Invidia exhaust and it has this really annoying burring/drone noise from 2000-2500 rpms and I think it's because in normal auto mode, it consistently shifts below 2500 rpms. I'm not sure if a transmission tune would solve this or make it any better. I am use to my Evo where I would be shifting normally at around 2500-3000 rpms. Never had an auto with an exhaust before so I'm not 100% sure this is a normal drone lol
The following users liked this post:
Minitech (03-09-21)
Old 03-09-21, 01:18 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

I'm too am still on an old OV tune myself, i would be interested in possibly going to D3 depending on how happy folks are with it when compared to OV, specifically with the transmission as i am not sure if that tune includes the transmission tune as well or only engine? With OV the trans shift point and response is good but the throttle/pedal delay is certainly pretty bad for sure.
I can't compare to OV but compared to stock the transmission is much more eager to shift with less throttle input and it feels that its always in the right gear. By default, the tune is setup to be more agresssive in sport mode so when I switch to Eco or Normal, the difference is quite night and day. The shift points can be changed as well but I have left them stock.
Minitech (03-09-21)
Old 03-09-21, 09:16 AM
Minitech
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for that feedback! I will definitely keep them in mind since OV went MIA on us. Knowing the transmission shifts are better is a big improvement, depending on how well it is, it seems to put this tune much closer if not better then OVs early stuff, also depending on the pedal delay.
Old 03-11-21, 06:00 AM
timghetta
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I went with TTI Stage 2+ and TCU tune.

TTI customer service is great, they have always went out of their way with me. I have to say I am impressed by the people there, especially Jon, he has always responded back quickly and came through.
Old 03-11-21, 04:43 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Thanks for that feedback! I will definitely keep them in mind since OV went MIA on us. Knowing the transmission shifts are better is a big improvement, depending on how well it is, it seems to put this tune much closer if not better then OVs early stuff, also depending on the pedal delay.
I really lucked out on my OVTune being so reliable, but I will make the jump to D3. Hope I can find a tuner to help with that drone.
Minitech (03-11-21)
Old 03-11-21, 05:25 PM
Minitech
Rookie

Originally Posted by tnilc
I really lucked out on my OVTune being so reliable, but I will make the jump to D3. Hope I can find a tuner to help with that drone.
Agreed! And If you get the D3 let us know how you like it compared OV, if its any better with regard to pedal delay, I'll contact them, I have been looking at IS350s... not so much for the higher power, I just hate that pedal delay in city traffic on our cars.
Old 03-12-21, 11:38 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by timghetta
I went with TTI Stage 2+ and TCU tune.

TTI customer service is great, they have always went out of their way with me. I have to say I am impressed by the people there, especially Jon, he has always responded back quickly and came through.
Totally agree with TTi's service being great. That said, I'm still on OV's custom tune just because it happened to be reliable for my NX and yield better performance than my TTi St1 tune. I do have a catted DP on hand, still uninstalled. Anyone have an idea if it'll be safe to install? I understand that the factory tune is able to adjust for aftermarket downpipes.

I'll be sitting on the sidelines and waiting for more feedback on the D3. I paid for OV's VFTuner (promo price for tuned customers) in hopes of having someone local do a custom tune for more aftermarket parts, but the software scaling/table values seem to be missed up (rev limit says 4500, for example). Unfortunately, I can't recommend VFTuner as much as I did OV's tune.
Minitech (04-04-21)
Old 03-15-21, 09:17 PM
rduong
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone tried D3 tuning on the 200t? Im split between that and jb4 rn. Prices are quite similar too
Old 03-15-21, 09:42 PM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by rduong
Has anyone tried D3 tuning on the 200t? Im split between that and jb4 rn. Prices are quite similar too
I replaced the Jb4 with a D3 tune, it was a nice improvement.
Old 04-04-21, 10:30 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Damn it, D3 can't/won't sell their tune to CA residents.
Old 04-04-21, 04:26 PM
Minitech
Rookie

Originally Posted by chezgk
Totally agree with TTi's service being great. That said, I'm still on OV's custom tune just because it happened to be reliable for my NX and yield better performance than my TTi St1 tune. I do have a catted DP on hand, still uninstalled. Anyone have an idea if it'll be safe to install? I understand that the factory tune is able to adjust for aftermarket downpipes.

I'll be sitting on the sidelines and waiting for more feedback on the D3. I paid for OV's VFTuner (promo price for tuned customers) in hopes of having someone local do a custom tune for more aftermarket parts, but the software scaling/table values seem to be missed up (rev limit says 4500, for example). Unfortunately, I can't recommend VFTuner as much as I did OV's tune.
I hate to hear that about another OV bust @chezgk i am in the same boat too they are MIA for sure, as far as installing your down pipe, i am no expert but i think it should be just fine to install hi-flow a catted downpipe provided everything lines up and fits correctly and it has the correct upper and lower 02 sensor holes (in front and behind the cat). Going back to @tnilc agreed that does suck, i wonder if it has anything to do with the epa cracking down on tuners here in the USA, Hopefully not i am supporting the "RPM Act" by Sema to help protect tuners from huge fines from the man/epa. Its going to be interesting.
chezgk (04-07-21)
Old 04-04-21, 08:30 PM
tnilc
Instructor

I hate to hear that about another OV bust @chezgk i am in the same boat too they are MIA for sure, as far as installing your down pipe, i am no expert but i think it should be just fine to install hi-flow a catted downpipe provided everything lines up and fits correctly and it has the correct upper and lower 02 sensor holes (in front and behind the cat). Going back to @tnilc agreed that does suck, i wonder if it has anything to do with the epa cracking down on tuners here in the USA, Hopefully not i am supporting the "RPM Act" by Sema to help protect tuners from huge fines from the man/epa. Its going to be interesting.
Sadly, it's a California thing because of CARB.

Burger Motor Sports can't sell their tunes in CA either, only way to get it is by a 3rd party vendor or a friend or family member out of state.
Minitech (04-05-21)
Old 04-07-21, 07:45 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks for the reply, @Minitech ! I was fortunate enough to have the engine side of things ironed out, as far as the OV tune was concerned. Thanks for the advice about the downpipe. I recall OV or someone else stating that the factory turbo is so small that downpipes don't make a difference and, from that statement, was hoping that no reflash was needed. Glad to hear further confirmation about that.

While VFTuner seemed rather confusing, I started toying with it to see what I can do with the transmission shift maps. To experiment, I made the Sport mode downshift map super aggressive, as shown below, and was pleasantly surprised that the NX is capable of skipping gears when downshifting. While the table below made the NX quite a riot to drive, it also got tiring, so I'll probably tone it down a little once I trace the other transmission maps out.

There are quite a number of transmission maps to figure out:

=====================================================================

In other 8AR/200t news, I recently discovered @is2.0t on Instagram. He has the GotTuned 380 hybrid turbo installed (DIY, based on his YouTube channel!) and runs the base D3 tune on top of it.

I also got in touch with D3 last week and learned that NX support will be added soon and that they have a tuning suite (much like VFTuner) under development.

I also got in touch with Burger/JB4 last week asking if I could run the JB4 on top of the OVTune to adjust for a hybrid turbo and was told that maybe a custom map could be made for our application if I could log pulls at map0 (stock-or-whatever-the-JB4 is over map).

Guess that's it for now. Some of the above might be old news to folks out here, of course, but I thought it'd be nice to share.
Old 04-08-21, 10:26 PM
rduong
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tnilc
Damn it, D3 can't/won't sell their tune to CA residents.
( sucks living in CA...... Guess I'm now shifting my attention over to Mforce tune instead. Was so excited for the new hardware from M3. Has anyone ran the Mforce tune? on their website they claim to have a lot of power gains
Old 04-18-21, 10:34 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by rduong
( sucks living in CA...... Guess I'm now shifting my attention over to Mforce tune instead. Was so excited for the new hardware from M3. Has anyone ran the Mforce tune? on their website they claim to have a lot of power gains
Never heard of MForce.

Anyone else running the D3 tune? Looking for feed back.

I brought my RC back to the stock tune to take it into the dealer to have recall work done on my fuel pump. I hardly drive my RC anymore and honestly can't tell a difference between stock tune and my OVTune lol

I gotta say tho my drive freeway with the stock tune, my mid range was killing it with the stock tune.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune