Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-21, 01:16 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
Never heard of MForce.

Anyone else running the D3 tune? Looking for feed back.

I brought my RC back to the stock tune to take it into the dealer to have recall work done on my fuel pump. I hardly drive my RC anymore and honestly can't tell a difference between stock tune and my OVTune lol

I gotta say tho my drive freeway with the stock tune, my mid range was killing it with the stock tune.
mayve I jinxed myself. I tried loading my OVTube flash but it won’t, says either unsupported or corrupted. Odd because 3 weeks ago I flashed back to stock no issue. Even my stock tune won’t load, same problem.
Old 04-20-21, 09:35 PM
rduong
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I could get D3 tune. Anyone here running it?

Last edited by rduong; 04-20-21 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-20-21, 09:36 PM
tnilc
Instructor

I love fishes because they’re so delicious.

I love fishes.

Last edited by tnilc; 04-20-21 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-29-21, 11:41 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...o-upgrade.html

The following 2 users liked this post by Sheddy:
Miichael (05-03-21), Pacific13 (04-30-21)
Old 05-15-21, 11:17 AM
tnilc
Instructor

D3 Tuned ordered, hope to get it by the weekend!
Old 05-28-21, 03:18 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Just got my D3 Tune!

Getting it uploaded today!
Old 05-28-21, 08:06 PM
rduong
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is it?
Old 05-29-21, 11:29 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by rduong
How is it?
Slight problem, I have an RC and it has a calibration different than the IS.

When I had my OVTune, same thing happened. The customer service has been top notch from D3. WAAAY Better than OVTune who is now ghosting everyone.

I sent some files to D3 and they'll get me my tunes by Wednesday. I am excited!
The following users liked this post:
Minitech (06-01-21)
Old 06-09-21, 07:39 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Got my D3 Tune, LOVE IT.

Removed a lot of throttle lag and even some of my drone.

Customer service was also top notch!
Old 06-09-21, 07:45 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Old 06-09-21, 09:33 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts
Post Downpipe log and some OV/VFTuner notes

Finally found a way to accurately log boost after the installation of a catted downpipe in my NX. Apparently, logs within Techstream can be exported as CSVs and opened in generic log viewers like logView. This is still on then-OV's remote dyno tune. Fortunately, there was no boost creep, even past redline. I've always wondered whether or not a downpipe will provide any benefit without making changes to the tune. While I only have my butt dyno to refer to at the moment, boost comes noticeably earlier and the engine kind of slingshots once it gets past 5000 revs. A total win for me. More details on the downpipe here.

(I hope you guys don't mind my posting 200t stuff here, since performance dialogue in the NX forum is next to non-existent.)

On to VFTuner:

Quoting from OV/VFT's post in their forums:

There is a huge updating coming to the 2.0T,

new boost control maps
Map sensor scaling control
Target boost control
fixed AFR tables, corrected values
a ton of stuff.
This is huge, since our 200t's tend to stay in closed loop even past peak boost in the lower gears. (Logged this on stock, TTi, and OV tune) Closed loop = 14.7 AFR. If the latest update includes a way to get to open loop and thus run richer AFRs earlier, there ought to be some more safer power available for harvest, at the expense of a little fuel economy.

I've been playing with some throttle tables and was able to make the NX very responsive by altering Accelerator Request to Airload and Throttle Efficiency tables. Unfortunately, after just a few seconds of extreme responsiveness, the ECU hits a wall and triggers the P2119-04 code. I believe this code has been encountered by quite a few OV users in this thread. Mat posted a preview of another upcoming VFT feature, disabling specific codes. See screenshot below:

Example of DTC tab

checkmark means DTC = active
uncheck to disable for testing.
Full resolution photo here.

If this works, then even more responsiveness out of our motors could potentially be had. One can only wait.
​​​​​​​
Old 06-09-21, 10:12 PM
GSiGuy
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Got my D3 Tune, LOVE IT.

Removed a lot of throttle lag and even some of my drone.

Customer service was also top notch!
Sounds Great! Was the throttle lag improved on Normal mode too or just on Sport mode?
Old 06-10-21, 01:06 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 550 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by GSiGuy
Sounds Great! Was the throttle lag improved on Normal mode too or just on Sport mode?
My D3 tune is on a GS200t (should be similar) but it's mainly the Sport mode. That's a good thing because Sport mode is so responsive that its nice to have an option for more casual driving or with passengers.

From memory, I believe there was some improvement in normal mode over the stock tune but its truly night and day compared to the "new" sport mode. I've had the tune for 10 months and it's always a blast to switch to sport mode. It's always in the right gear with the turbo spooled and boost on tap for a strong low end pull when needed. It's exactly what I was looking for when I bought the 200t over the 350 mainly for suburban street driving. It does well on the highway too but the low end torque, responsiveness and the "always in the right gear feel" is really great now with the tune.

Last edited by BMGS; 06-10-21 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-10-21, 01:10 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 550 Likes on 338 Posts

Did you go with the higher rpm tune? I left mine at the stock shift point version considering it's out of breath above 5000rpm but curious of your impressions if you did spend any time in that higher rpm range from the modified shift points.
Old 06-10-21, 03:21 AM
GSiGuy
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
My D3 tune is on a GS200t (should be similar) but it's mainly the Sport mode. That's a good thing because Sport mode is so responsive that its nice to have an option for more casual driving or with passengers.

From memory, I believe there was some improvement in normal mode over the stock tune but its truly night and day compared to the "new" sport mode. I've had the tune for 10 months and it's always a blast to switch to sport mode. It's always in the right gear with the turbo spooled and boost on tap for a strong low end pull when needed. It's exactly what I was looking for when I bought the 200t over the 350 mainly for suburban street driving. It does well on the highway too but the low end torque, responsiveness and the "always in the right gear feel" is really great now with the tune.
Awesome! Waiting for mine to come!

Quick Reply: IS200t tune