Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-21, 12:22 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
Did you go with the higher rpm tune? I left mine at the stock shift point version considering it's out of breath above 5000rpm but curious of your impressions if you did spend any time in that higher rpm range from the modified shift points.
I tried all maps, stuck with the second one with basic street driving. Haven't done much freeway driving but I'll try all of them on the freeway.

I'm not going for power just improved accelerator and a little more umphfff, the reduction in boost and throttle lag has been huge and I say this as someone that have the OVTune for over a year and a half.
Old 06-11-21, 07:43 AM
RC350s
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Anyone have dyno numbers on the D3 tune?
Old 06-12-21, 02:03 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by RC350s
Anyone have dyno numbers on the D3 tune?
I responded the below in the RC forum but also posting here in case anyone else has messed with WI.

I don't think you'll see much in terms of a peak hp gain, the main benefit with these tunes is the torque and subsequent mathematical hp increase under the curve as well as increased throttle response and transmission tuning to always be in that peak torque range.

Once my warranty is up I will install a progressive water/meth injection system to supplement the cooling system. That is a proven solution on nearly every turbo engine and a worthy venture.
Old 06-12-21, 02:06 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by tnilc
I tried all maps, stuck with the second one with basic street driving. Haven't done much freeway driving but I'll try all of them on the freeway.

I'm not going for power just improved accelerator and a little more umphfff, the reduction in boost and throttle lag has been huge and I say this as someone that have the OVTune for over a year and a half.
Same here, not really expecting miracles in the high rpm power dept, the real beauty of the tuned 2.0t is in city driving, not to say it dosent do well on the freeway. I didnt initially think the risk/reward ratio was worth it to up the rpm of engine but curious on your impressions of those higher shift points on this engine.
Old 06-27-21, 07:55 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Folks with the d3 tune: Does it come with tuning software? If so, I hope someone can provide a screenshot of what tables are available for our 2.0T motors (no need to show the table values). Thank you!
Old 06-27-21, 01:14 PM
Warhorse
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 2014 is350 f sport. I had been wondering if I should have bought an is200t instead for easy power gains, but after reading through some of this thread I think I'm happy with staying with the 350. Are you guys still chasing 300 to 400 whp? Would have been nice to see these cars make 400 hp with just bolt ons and a tune. I love the look of the 3IS, but they just dont have enough power for me (even the 350). Its why I've actually considered swapping the 5.0 from the RCF into my car, but if a 200t could make 400whp I'd happily take that solution too even tho I'd prefer the sound of the V8.
Old 06-29-21, 01:20 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by chezgk
Folks with the d3 tune: Does it come with tuning software? If so, I hope someone can provide a screenshot of what tables are available for our 2.0T motors (no need to show the table values). Thank you!
It does. I cant remember if it was a cd or a download from their site. I didn't pay much attention since the canned tune delivered what I was looking for. It may be best to reach out directly, they are very helpful.
Old 06-29-21, 01:31 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by Warhorse
I have a 2014 is350 f sport. I had been wondering if I should have bought an is200t instead for easy power gains, but after reading through some of this thread I think I'm happy with staying with the 350. Are you guys still chasing 300 to 400 whp? Would have been nice to see these cars make 400 hp with just bolt ons and a tune. I love the look of the 3IS, but they just dont have enough power for me (even the 350). Its why I've actually considered swapping the 5.0 from the RCF into my car, but if a 200t could make 400whp I'd happily take that solution too even tho I'd prefer the sound of the V8.
You probably made the right choice but I haven't seen a properly documented build (at least on this forum) with an upgraded turbo, improved cooling (water injection and/or physical changes to the intercooler) and before and after dyno results.

Until then, who knows what the potential is but likely less than the 400whp range. The GS200t is my commuter and it has plenty of power with a tune only but just for fun I'll try WI once the warranty is up.
Old 06-29-21, 02:48 AM
Warhorse
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You probably made the right choice but I haven't seen a properly documented build (at least on this forum) with an upgraded turbo, improved cooling (water injection and/or physical changes to the intercooler) and before and after dyno results.

Until then, who knows what the potential is but likely less than the 400whp range. The GS200t is my commuter and it has plenty of power with a tune only but just for fun I'll try WI once the warranty is up.
I figured since RRacing cracked the ECU we would start seeing more potential really be had from these cars. Toyota/Lexus has always been resistant to making turbo cars because they will never be as long lasting and reliable as an N/A engine. I suspect people's inability to make the power they were hoping for with only a few mods is due to the fact that Lexus has the 8AR so strapped down in the name of reliability.

Based on my own experience with turbo cars I think 400 hp would be doable for the 8AR, but it's going to take alot of mods as you said. A bigger turbo, bigger downpipe/intake charge piping, as well as, an overhaul of the intercooler system and full exhaust to include shorty headers. The engine just needs much bigger everything from the turbo, to the intake side and the exhaust side so it can breathe. Lexus has it super choked up.
Old 06-29-21, 05:42 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

It does. I cant remember if it was a cd or a download from their site. I didn't pay much attention since the canned tune delivered what I was looking for. It may be best to reach out directly, they are very helpful.
Thank you for the reply. I've sent them my factory .bin file and am waiting for feedback whether or not my NX can be supported. I also inquired about some tables that were rather confusing in vfTuner, in hopes of better scaling in D3. Based on the information relayed to me so far, the factory tune, TTi, OV/VFT (I have all three), and D3 all run stoich 14.7:1 air/fuel ratios until past peak boost. That alone is quite a hurdle to making reasonable yet safe gains in power. It seems none of the tuners have found ways to force an open loop fueling map yet.

The information I receive in the following days ought to make the decision to stick with VFT or switch to D3 easier. I've made some cam timing and shift point changes to my current tune and would really like to be able to port them over, if I choose the latter.

Last edited by chezgk; 06-29-21 at 05:48 AM.
Old 06-30-21, 01:31 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by Warhorse
I figured since RRacing cracked the ECU we would start seeing more potential really be had from these cars. Toyota/Lexus has always been resistant to making turbo cars because they will never be as long lasting and reliable as an N/A engine. I suspect people's inability to make the power they were hoping for with only a few mods is due to the fact that Lexus has the 8AR so strapped down in the name of reliability.

Based on my own experience with turbo cars I think 400 hp would be doable for the 8AR, but it's going to take alot of mods as you said. A bigger turbo, bigger downpipe/intake charge piping, as well as, an overhaul of the intercooler system and full exhaust to include shorty headers. The engine just needs much bigger everything from the turbo, to the intake side and the exhaust side so it can breathe. Lexus has it super choked up.
The mods are fairly simple. The turbo is a drop-in oem modded unit, water/meth is fairly simple and should be able to provide an adequate cooling boost and I'll bet most who are chasing more power already have the intake and exhaust mods completed. Throw in some custom tuning and it should be all set.

I personally have no desire for any increase in the sound over oem so I'll just try the WI for fun.
Old 06-30-21, 01:33 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by chezgk
Thank you for the reply. I've sent them my factory .bin file and am waiting for feedback whether or not my NX can be supported. I also inquired about some tables that were rather confusing in vfTuner, in hopes of better scaling in D3. Based on the information relayed to me so far, the factory tune, TTi, OV/VFT (I have all three), and D3 all run stoich 14.7:1 air/fuel ratios until past peak boost. That alone is quite a hurdle to making reasonable yet safe gains in power. It seems none of the tuners have found ways to force an open loop fueling map yet.

The information I receive in the following days ought to make the decision to stick with VFT or switch to D3 easier. I've made some cam timing and shift point changes to my current tune and would really like to be able to port them over, if I choose the latter.
Very cool although my NX already loses traction with the stock tune but should be more fun when up to speed!
Old 07-03-21, 10:08 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

OVtune is back posting on Facebook.

Trying to ask for a refund for services not rendered. Anyone else that got shafted should request imo.
Old 07-03-21, 09:05 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tnilc
OVtune is back posting on Facebook.

Trying to ask for a refund for services not rendered. Anyone else that got shafted should request imo.
My OV tune was okay, but the vfTuner tables are meh even after the much hyped 1.3.0 update. Seems like only the Tacoma crowd got significant developments. Did you end up moving on to d3 as well?

EDIT: okay I just back read and saw that you did.
Old 07-28-21, 01:47 PM
Sleepyone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I did a thing today

Quick Reply: IS200t tune