Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-21, 01:32 AM
GSiGuy
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Had the D3 tune on my car for about 3 weeks now and am very happy with it! My car's a '17 IS200T non-F sport and I am in Singapore.

The process took awhile. Started my inquiries with D2 sometime in February. Had to get a techstream cable & have my car's tune calibrated. Then the wait for the new tuner to be launched. Anyway... took about 1 month from ordering it to finally get the tuner. But I am in Singapore so that accounts for much of the delay...

But it was worth the wait!

On Sports mode, the D3 tune is almost everything you wish the car should be from factory; Responsive & torquey. I usually run your equivalent of 91 Octane. Had a fill up of 95 Octane and the car became even more feral! A quick push on the accelerator also sees the car drop from 8th to 3rd gear and revs up to around 5k before shifting.

I seem to detect better throttle response on Normal driving mode too but it's not as apparent as Sports.

I definitely enjoy driving the car much more now.
The following 3 users liked this post by GSiGuy:
shumasta (08-05-21), SWXF (08-05-21), tyxben (08-13-21)
Old 08-05-21, 06:27 AM
shumasta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow dude thats what im talking about congratulations! Im also located in Singapore, do you have IG?
Old 08-05-21, 07:01 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by GSiGuy
Had the D3 tune on my car for about 3 weeks now and am very happy with it! My car's a '17 IS200T non-F sport and I am in Singapore.

The process took awhile. Started my inquiries with D2 sometime in February. Had to get a techstream cable & have my car's tune calibrated. Then the wait for the new tuner to be launched. Anyway... took about 1 month from ordering it to finally get the tuner. But I am in Singapore so that accounts for much of the delay...

But it was worth the wait!

On Sports mode, the D3 tune is almost everything you wish the car should be from factory; Responsive & torquey. I usually run your equivalent of 91 Octane. Had a fill up of 95 Octane and the car became even more feral! A quick push on the accelerator also sees the car drop from 8th to 3rd gear and revs up to around 5k before shifting.

I seem to detect better throttle response on Normal driving mode too but it's not as apparent as Sports.

I definitely enjoy driving the car much more now.
Very nice, congrats! I've had mine for about a year and you have described it perfectly. I drive around in Normal most of the time and always have fun in Sport mode with the tune. Its truly a different car in Normal vs. Sport.
The following users liked this post:
GSiGuy (08-05-21)
Old 08-05-21, 08:40 AM
GSiGuy
Driver

Originally Posted by BMGS
Very nice, congrats! I've had mine for about a year and you have described it perfectly. I drive around in Normal most of the time and always have fun in Sport mode with the tune. Its truly a different car in Normal vs. Sport.
Best thing I've done on the IS for sure!
Old 08-06-21, 12:41 PM
tyxben
Driver School Candidate

hi guys, i am based in SG too, this 8ar ecu is a biatch to crack, do add me in ig p0rkyp1g, we do have a small IS WA group.
Old 08-08-21, 08:20 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Love my D3 tune.

I wonder if we'll get any updates for new flashes?
Old 08-08-21, 08:21 PM
tnilc
Instructor

I no longer use my OVTune, I can't even flash it anymore. Definitely feel ripped off. I would not recommend OVTune to anyone.

He's on Facebook now saying his tuner is out sick, I don't know if it's true or not but there's a pattern of when delays happen, someone is sick or hurt.

And I especially hate when he blames spam folders for lack of emails or "I sent it, check your spam...or it's not there, let me send it again."
The following users liked this post:
SWXF (08-10-21)
Old 08-10-21, 12:29 AM
SWXF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tnilc
I no longer use my OVTune, I can't even flash it anymore. Definitely feel ripped off. I would not recommend OVTune to anyone.

He's on Facebook now saying his tuner is out sick, I don't know if it's true or not but there's a pattern of when delays happen, someone is sick or hurt.

And I especially hate when he blames spam folders for lack of emails or "I sent it, check your spam...or it's not there, let me send it again."
I second this. I emailed them a few times too regarding some issues with the vf tuner and my ecu, and they suddenly stopped replying. The whole experience really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited by SWXF; 08-10-21 at 12:31 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-10-21, 10:13 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by SWXF
I second this. I emailed them a few times too regarding some issues with the vf tuner and my ecu, and they suddenly stopped replying. The whole experience really left a bad taste in my mouth.
Yeah, it's an easy pattern to spot. In my dealings with them here are the excuses I've received, not sure of the validity but it is sketchy
1) Wife pregnant
2) Developer broke his arm
3) Moving shops
4) Developer sick
5) Good ole spam, which it's never in the spam folder.
The following 2 users liked this post by tnilc:
Andyzloy (08-16-21), Spyder84 (08-29-21)
Old 08-17-21, 08:33 PM
vanillatag
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am still using the OVTune on my '16 IS200T. Would love to see a comparison between OV and D3. I am curious if D3 can bring better throttle response below 4000 rpm, and possibly faster shift logic?

OVTune works great as long as I drive aggressively, no complaints above 4000 rpm, throttle response feels good enough.
However, below 4000 rpm just feels lots of throttle delay. Not sure D3 tune is able to address that?
Old 08-18-21, 12:03 AM
GSiGuy
Driver

Originally Posted by tnilc
Love my D3 tune.

I wonder if we'll get any updates for new flashes?
Dinesh from D3 had mentioned that the biggest thing holding the car back is that the EMS wants to restrict airflow into the car. So even if you put in a larger turbo (which probably is the way for significantly larger power), you're not gonna make much more power with the present tune.

The good news is that he says that with some testing and reverse engineering, he might crack that.
Old 08-18-21, 04:31 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GSiGuy
Dinesh from D3 had mentioned that the biggest thing holding the car back is that the EMS wants to restrict airflow into the car. So even if you put in a larger turbo (which probably is the way for significantly larger power), you're not gonna make much more power with the present tune.

The good news is that he says that with some testing and reverse engineering, he might crack that.
This! Exactly what I'm trying to figure out and decide on at this very moment, down to the turbo upgrade (from GotTuned). You can see two logs of full 2000-6200 third gear pulls overlaid on top of each other below. Throttle position sensor voltage % keeps fluctuating even when I never let off the accelerator, most significant of which resulted in a cut vehicle load - and therefore torque - from 2400-3600. Fixing this alone could change the car's demeanor a lot.

I've changed values in so many boost tables in the present version of vfTuner in hopes of being able to target higher boost levels above 4000 (and justify a turbo upgrade) - all to no avail.

In the meantime, I've sent my NX200t's factory .bin dump to Dinesh over at D3 but still have not heard back from him whether or not their tune editor is compatible with my ECU version.

Last edited by chezgk; 08-18-21 at 05:05 AM.
Old 08-18-21, 04:48 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillatag
I am still using the OVTune on my '16 IS200T. Would love to see a comparison between OV and D3. I am curious if D3 can bring better throttle response below 4000 rpm, and possibly faster shift logic?

OVTune works great as long as I drive aggressively, no complaints above 4000 rpm, throttle response feels good enough.
However, below 4000 rpm just feels lots of throttle delay. Not sure D3 tune is able to address that?
There is a night and day difference from idle on the throttle response with the D3 tune.
Old 08-18-21, 10:42 AM
Fazzi
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Dropped my '17 IS200t off with D3 last week, running a Injen shortram intake so basically bone stock.
Theyre hoping to crack the boost limit so I left it with them to beat the hell outta it till we can unlock that extra performance. Great guys 100% recommend.

I'll let yall know how it feels when i pick it up!
Old 08-19-21, 02:04 AM
GSiGuy
Driver

Originally Posted by chezgk
This! Exactly what I'm trying to figure out and decide on at this very moment, down to the turbo upgrade (from GotTuned). You can see two logs of full 2000-6200 third gear pulls overlaid on top of each other below. Throttle position sensor voltage % keeps fluctuating even when I never let off the accelerator, most significant of which resulted in a cut vehicle load - and therefore torque - from 2400-3600. Fixing this alone could change the car's demeanor a lot.

I've changed values in so many boost tables in the present version of vfTuner in hopes of being able to target higher boost levels above 4000 (and justify a turbo upgrade) - all to no avail.

In the meantime, I've sent my NX200t's factory .bin dump to Dinesh over at D3 but still have not heard back from him whether or not their tune editor is compatible with my ECU version.
I hope he cracks it. I certainly feel like there is no "linearity" with the power as you boot it at WOT. It feels like the car is "holding back" (if you know what i mean) between 3k to 5k rpm...

Apart from that, the car is awesome to drive.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune