Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-22, 10:22 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Fazzi
Word on the street is D3 is going to be offering a charge pipe here soon. Be on the look out for preorders.
Pairs really nicely with their tune, mo power baby!
I was interested in a charge pipe before, but the install looked difficult.

Anyone have a DIY for it?
Old 03-07-22, 07:24 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Can't stress enough DON'T TRUST ORANGE VIRUS TUNE AKA VF Tuner.

Guy is a scum bag and ripped all of us 8AR-FTS owners that bought the OVTune and never got flash updates.
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (04-01-22)
Old 03-23-22, 05:16 PM
Fazzi
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

SUPER ez install.

10mm and some extensions
Old 04-05-22, 12:13 AM
GSiGuy
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fazzi
Word on the street is D3 is going to be offering a charge pipe here soon. Be on the look out for preorders.
Pairs really nicely with their tune, mo power baby!
Lexus 2.0L Turbo Charge Pipe and Muffler Delete - D3 Performance here it is! I already have a HPS charge pipe. I wonder if this plus the muffler delete will be significantly better...
tnilc (04-05-22)
Old 04-05-22, 12:16 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by GSiGuy
Lexus 2.0L Turbo Charge Pipe and Muffler Delete - D3 Performance here it is! I already have a HPS charge pipe. I wonder if this plus the muffler delete will be significantly better...
Tempting! I already have a TTi Turbo Muffler Delete.

I need to find a DIY for the charge pipe to see if this is something I can do in my garage lol.
Old 04-05-22, 02:45 AM
GSiGuy
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc

I need to find a DIY for the charge pipe to see if this is something I can do in my garage lol.
Did your TTi turbo muffler delete help performance?
Old 04-05-22, 04:00 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 550 Likes on 338 Posts

I installed the HPS TMD and I think I noticed a difference in the higher RPMs. I installed the intake tube at the same time and then the charge pipe a week later.

The charge pipe took about 4 hours but not terribly difficult. I bought super long 10 and 12mm sockets to help with the hose clamp that connects to the intercooler, that took the most time of anything, not counting the nut I dropped onto the belly pan.

I'll be finishing up a water injection setup using the port on the new charge pipe. I can't say I noticed an incremental difference from the charge pipe but the main reason for that swap was to not have a two piece plastic pipe that can break under higher boost and to have the easy water/meth port.
GSiGuy (04-12-22)
Old 04-20-22, 01:51 PM
Suhaib1987
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gfb vta

Does anyone tried the VTA from GFB on IS200T 2016??

I installed it on my car but I am not sure if it improves my car performance or not....

I feel that I get turbo lag again

Before I installed it

I was happy with my car but now I am not sure 😅

If anybody have any ideas or issues with the same product please share with us
Old 04-20-22, 01:55 PM
BMGS
Racer

Received 550 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Suhaib1987
Does anyone tried the VTA from GFB on IS200T 2016??

I installed it on my car but I am not sure if it improves my car performance or not....

I feel that I get turbo lag again

Before I installed it

I was happy with my car but now I am not sure 😅

If anybody have any ideas or issues with the same product please share with us
I wouldn't have had any expectation that it would provide a tangible performance benefit on this setup. What's really helped for holding boost has been some combination of the HPS charge pipe, turbo muffler delete and intake tube. Not sure which one since I installed them nearly at the same time but the D3 Tune now nails 19psi and dosen't fade like it used to.
Old 04-25-22, 08:11 AM
cksean86
5th Gear

Default My 1st Lexus 2017 is200t

Hi guys I’m sean from Malaysia , as I just bought a Lexus 2017 is200t f-sport , and back on January I send my car to one of a local tuner
to tune my car as the result I get 215whp after dyno, is it good enough? I’ve attached my chart in this thread …why I run dyno on stock it only have 174whp is that normal?

Old 04-25-22, 09:38 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by cksean86
Hi guys I’m sean from Malaysia , as I just bought a Lexus 2017 is200t f-sport , and back on January I send my car to one of a local tuner
to tune my car as the result I get 215whp after dyno, is it good enough? I’ve attached my chart in this thread …why I run dyno on stock it only have 174whp is that normal?
Hmmmm... something seems amiss though, your "after tuned" numbers look more like stock numbers Torque is in Nm, yeah?. Any parts installed? Taking a look at first few posts of this thread may shed more light on your numbers. How much did you pay for your tune?
Old 04-25-22, 08:53 PM
cksean86
5th Gear

Originally Posted by zhifan1
Hmmmm... something seems amiss though, your "after tuned" numbers look more like stock numbers Torque is in Nm, yeah?. Any parts installed? Taking a look at first few posts of this thread may shed more light on your numbers. How much did you pay for your tune?
yah…I was very surprised with stock Hp , when I sent my car for tuned I just change a BMC air filter,so now I’m planning to change whole air intake..any brand to recommend as in Malaysia
common brand I can see is armaspeed or MST
torque is is Nm,
Old 04-25-22, 09:34 PM
cksean86
5th Gear

Originally Posted by zhifan1
yah…I was very surprised with stock Hp , when I sent my car for tuned I just change a BMC air filter,so now I’m planning to change whole air intake..any brand to recommend as in Malaysia
common brand I can see is armaspeed or MST
torque is is Nm,
Old 04-29-22, 08:20 AM
m1919
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc

It's doable, just annoying

I installed an FTP charge pipe and most of the struggle is literally getting into this area behind the engine and the firewall, very irritating layout for the charge pipe

Old 04-29-22, 09:36 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Those who've installed a charge pipe, care to share any tools that will make life easier? Planning to do this alone in my apartment's parking lot, which is not very well-ventilated, so would appreciate it if anything can make things easier.. thanks.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune