Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-22, 10:10 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 550 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by zhifan1
Those who've installed a charge pipe, care to share any tools that will make life easier? Planning to do this alone in my apartment's parking lot, which is not very well-ventilated, so would appreciate it if anything can make things easier.. thanks.
1. A good headlamp flashlight

2. These extra long sockets for the t-bolt clamps, especially the one that connects to the intercooler:
Amazon Amazon

3. OEM hose clamp pliers, or at least one of them and definitely the U-shaped pick tool to help pry the oem intercooler hose off of the piping.
Amazon Amazon

4. Various ratchets and accessories, both 1/4 and 3/8 with extensions, swivels and different length sockets in 10mm, 12mm and smaller for any hose clamps.

5. Forearm protectors to avoid scratches when working on the back of the engine (think of a long sleeve Under Armour compression shirt with the forearm section cut out).

6. Zip ties for securing things that the aftermarket pipe doesn't account for (such as the 02 sensor harness).

Last edited by BMGS; 04-29-22 at 10:15 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by BMGS:
DaveGS4 (04-29-22), olalia (07-30-23), zhifan1 (04-29-22)
Old 04-29-22, 10:24 AM
m1919
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
1. A good headlamp flashlight

2. These extra long sockets for the t-bolt clamps, especially the one that connects to the intercooler: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. OEM hose clamp pliers, or at least one of them and definitely the U-shaped pick tool to help pry the oem intercooler hose off of the piping.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4. Various ratchets and accessories, both 1/4 and 3/8 with extensions, swivels and different length sockets in 10mm, 12mm and smaller for any hose clamps.

5. Forearm protectors to avoid scratches when working on the back of the engine (think of a long sleeve Under Armour compression shirt with the forearm section cut out).

6. Zip ties for securing things that the aftermarket pipe doesn't account for (such as the 02 sensor harness).
After doing my install, I would say the order of install for couplers really matters as well

Probably best way to go is get the coupler for the intercooler on first and secured in place, then you can install the charge pipe a bit more easily since that coupler will be there to hold it in place while you adjust the positioning, also have the outlet elbow off the turbo loosened a bit so you have some room to adjust parts as required

If your charge pipe doesn't come with a bracket to secure the upper O2 sensor cable and the hose coming off the brake booster, I'd just cut the bracket off the stock pipe and use that
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (04-29-22)
Old 04-29-22, 04:30 PM
BMGS
Racer

Received 550 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by m1919
After doing my install, I would say the order of install for couplers really matters as well

Probably best way to go is get the coupler for the intercooler on first and secured in place, then you can install the charge pipe a bit more easily since that coupler will be there to hold it in place while you adjust the positioning, also have the outlet elbow off the turbo loosened a bit so you have some room to adjust parts as required

If your charge pipe doesn't come with a bracket to secure the upper O2 sensor cable and the hose coming off the brake booster, I'd just cut the bracket off the stock pipe and use that
The upper 02 sensor harness is taken care of, the lower one should be secured in some way. I think I zip tied it to something on the firewall.
Old 06-22-22, 10:47 AM
Suhaib1987
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder84
Here's another option, you can register a 3 day Techstream subscription for ~$30 $65 from Toyota/Lexus.
From the Techstream online portal, you can download the stock tune (engine, trans, & various modules) for your car, direct from the manufacturer/source. It will be a file you can keep permanently and forever, and give you the option to flash back whenever.
It's how I recovered from being locked into OVTune, since I didnt buy into VFTuner.

It will also give access to the Techstream software & full repair manual/torque specs (however long your subscription is lol).
I have mine saved from there and various other cars as well.
Totally worth $30 $65 for peace of mind, in your situation.

Keep the Techstream software saved/installed, after the subscription ends, the license will expire and lock you out.
However you can use the CUW.exe (Calibration Update Wizard), without a license; have to launch it direct from install location.
That will give you the opportunity to flash to stock whenever (Toyota/Lexus files only).
Just note that Toyota/Lexus only provides the latest cal, which incorporates changes/recalls.

Here is when i updated my car:
Engine ECU 8300 -> 8700
Trans ECU 8300 -> 8400

Is this applicable to all over the world or only in the United States??

I have lexus is200t 2016 with engine 8ar-fts...

I told the dealer that there's an update for the ECU.... They told me NOoOoOOOoOoO.... We will contact the manufacturer..... After a day they call me back and they told me no we don't have any calibration for is200t ECU in our region....

They told me this is applicable only into the United States 🤔

I told them this update is for calibration of Engine and transmission.... Not matter which region...

Please let me know if you have anything that can help me to get this done the new calibration....

Thank you for reading this
Old 06-22-22, 12:35 PM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

This is interesting, would be good to know as well. Also, is there any perceptible difference with the new ECU and TCU updates?

Originally Posted by Suhaib1987
Is this applicable to all over the world or only in the United States??

I have lexus is200t 2016 with engine 8ar-fts...

I told the dealer that there's an update for the ECU.... They told me NOoOoOOOoOoO.... We will contact the manufacturer..... After a day they call me back and they told me no we don't have any calibration for is200t ECU in our region....

They told me this is applicable only into the United States 🤔

I told them this update is for calibration of Engine and transmission.... Not matter which region...

Please let me know if you have anything that can help me to get this done the new calibration....

Thank you for reading this
Old 10-19-22, 04:22 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

If anyone in the Houston area is looking to buy a heavily discounted JB4 - let me know. Selling one, local only NO shipping. Check my threads for the official sale thread.
Old 10-19-22, 04:34 PM
3iSMatt
8th Gear

You wouldn't ship at all even if I cover the shipping too?
Old 01-11-23, 04:28 AM
elijah8702
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tnilc
Damn it, D3 can't/won't sell their tune to CA residents.
They do ship to california. I went ahead and sent them a message a couple of months back because i saw it said they didn’t. then my buddy got it for his 350. supposedly they just market that they don’t sell it to california residents. recently bought mine 2 days ago.
Old 01-11-23, 02:58 PM
martelito0
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elijah8702
They do ship to california. I went ahead and sent them a message a couple of months back because i saw it said they didn’t. then my buddy got it for his 350. supposedly they just market that they don’t sell it to california residents. recently bought mine 2 days ago.
straight snitched on them 😂
The following users liked this post:
davyjordi (01-11-23)
Old 02-28-23, 05:21 PM
Quillo
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy

This company in Taiwan has a pretty cool catch can setup with intake pipe

Link for parts ???
Old 06-29-23, 11:16 AM
ayyyc
5th Gear

Just sold my IS200T. Have a JB4 + NEW BMS Data Cable for sale for $300 shipped if anyone is interested.
Old 08-09-23, 12:17 PM
Suhaib1987
10th Gear

Originally Posted by nan88
That looks sick!

I noticed the intake has one of the inlets deleted.
Simplifies the design but is different from what we have in the states.
It looks like the HPS tube wouldn't work with it, unless the extra inlet is capped off.

You can use this
this can solve your issue
Old 09-14-23, 12:12 PM
RideLex
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Goodbye

After 5 years on this platform and speaking to many tuners and Lexus/Toyota engineers, I have officially sold the IS200t. These cars seemed to have a lot of potential when they came out, however, everyone that attempts to tune/mod these cars cannot get real power out of it. I ran a OrangeVirus tune with custom exhaust. While it did improve acceleration and turbo lag, the car was still terribly slow. I’ll keep the videos up on my Instagram for whoever wants to see. I never thought I’d be saying this, but I traded the Lex for a G82 M4 Competition. Best of luck to everyone. If interested, follow for the M4 Build.

instagram: itsaturbo
Old 09-20-23, 01:41 PM
Dani01c
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a video of my best friend's custom tuned IS200t vs a stock IS200t. He had a jump on the start but still it was like a 6car difference at like 135mph

Old 10-20-23, 02:22 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy

This company in Taiwan has a pretty cool catch can setup with intake pipe
Where can this be purchased?

Quick Reply: IS200t tune