Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-17, 05:50 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
thats what I did....but there was a wifi fluctuation I guess
Yea, that's probably what happened. Keep us updated on the recovery process.
Old 04-18-17, 05:58 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Yea, that's probably what happened. Keep us updated on the recovery process.
ECU sent lets hope all goes well
Old 04-18-17, 06:45 AM
Pacific13
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

You understand my query regarding the hardware used.
Old 04-18-17, 06:56 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pacific13
Unfortunately this temper the enthusiasm and hope that issue be resolved easily without involving dealer. Assume you have already tried to disconnect battery to reset completely the system.
ODB port is TTL signal and normally you have not any risk on an electric point of view except with an adaptor default. The problem occured during reading the original file or during transfert of modified file? I'm quite sure that Tony could recommend you . Regarding the hardware is it Tactrix box or Ecutek ?, I know the Ecutek as used on my GT86 but it was done by a well-known tuner in France. I cross the finger for you
I will not disclose the name of reading/writing program, but they do use a Tactrix 2.0 open port to communicate with the OBD.
Old 04-18-17, 07:08 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

**UPDATE**
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...group-buy.html

Lets get this going!

Last edited by Sheddy; 04-18-17 at 07:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
daniellina (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 08:06 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Now that's appealing...
Old 04-18-17, 09:18 AM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

@Nuke

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off on this tune now. Losing internet temporarily and bricking an ECU is not something I want to deal with. Maybe next season for me.
Old 04-18-17, 09:19 AM
Pacific13
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

OK Sheddy, but with Tactrix 2.0 it is certainely B..B.. which allow reading and writing for the 8ARFTS 2.0T i.e for your IS or my RC.
On the other hand it is clear that : Attention! At this moment there is not any recovery tool. Any power troubles or loosing connection while writing will result in damage to the ECU. Please ensure you have stable conditions for reflashing. All your actions are at your own risk!
I think it is important to keep this information in head. I dont really understand the necessity to be connected if you have the dongle and the correct module.
Old 04-18-17, 09:50 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

OK Sheddy, but with Tactrix 2.0 it is certainely B..B.. which allow reading and writing for the 8ARFTS 2.0T i.e for your IS or my RC.
On the other hand it is clear that : Attention! At this moment there is not any recovery tool. Any power troubles or loosing connection while writing will result in damage to the ECU. Please ensure you have stable conditions for reflashing. All your actions are at your own risk!
I think it is important to keep this information in head. I dont really understand the necessity to be connected if you have the dongle and the correct module.
exactly what I have been saying
Old 04-18-17, 09:52 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry I ment *live in UAE

Yes I agree but handheld might be bit hard to develop since all tuners will try to keep this as a secret to milk it as much as possible since R&D that went into it is allot
hand held programmers are vehicle specific (can't be passed around and used on other cars) so the developer's property is protected.
Old 04-18-17, 10:00 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Hey guys havent been here in a while since i post my dyno numbers, i did a catback exhaust a couple days ago!.

i talked to my mechanic friend he told me that the wise thing to do is get the Tom's (we all know that they are one of the best tuning companies for toyota) right now i have the VR tune but i wanna run a trottle controller and i don't know if its compatible. So bottom line seeing what happened with Nuke makes me think about maybe wait for a hand held device or something safe because lets be honest nobody wants that kind of problem with an almost brand new car.

getting the downpipe might be an option too the question is would it be safe to run a downpipe without a proper tune with it along with the piggyback? what are your thoughts on this ?

Thanks!
Old 04-18-17, 10:01 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gbgary
hand held programmers are vehicle specific (can't be passed around and used on other cars) so the developer's property is protected.
ture but the maturity of this tune is still questionable at best and not allot of RnD is focused on producing handheld tunes but rather the tune it self since we are literally just scratching the surface with this huge 2MB ROM
Old 04-18-17, 10:05 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

You are correct. Internet connection while writing doesn't make sense to me and the warning statement is unsettling, lets see what happens.
Old 04-18-17, 10:09 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by daniellina
Hey guys havent been here in a while since i post my dyno numbers, i did a catback exhaust a couple days ago!.

i talked to my mechanic friend he told me that the wise thing to do is get the Tom's (we all know that they are one of the best tuning companies for toyota) right now i have the VR tune but i wanna run a trottle controller and i don't know if its compatible. So bottom line seeing what happened with Nuke makes me think about maybe wait for a hand held device or something safe because lets be honest nobody wants that kind of problem with an almost brand new car.

getting the downpipe might be an option too the question is would it be safe to run a downpipe without a proper tune with it along with the piggyback? what are your thoughts on this ?

Thanks!
buddy I will be honest with you, tuning box is in no eay comprable to the tune the one thing lets make clear, other thing is regarding downpipe, i wouldn't suggest running a down pipe if your not tuning as I have done a dyno after installing the dp and it showed that the car was going lean on WOT as ECU is not expecting that much change and cannot compancate in time i guess ans that can only be fixed with a tune.

what happened to me is unfortunate but its the only way this tune will mature, customer and tuners will learn as this is an experience, TTI is focused right now on foxing my ECU and they will look into simplifying things if possible, meaning that they acknowledge things and this is how we learn.

bottom line is I suggest to still go for the tune but just wait a little while, I think tuning boxes have their own risks and own downfalls so nothing is perfect.

Nuke
The following users liked this post:
daniellina (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 10:13 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

buddy I will be honest with you, tuning box is in no eay comprable to the tune the one thing lets make clear, other thing is regarding downpipe, i wouldn't suggest running a down pipe if your not tuning as I have done a dyno after installing the dp and it showed that the car was going lean on WOT as ECU is not expecting that much change and cannot compancate in time i guess ans that can only be fixed with a tune.

what happened to me is unfortunate but its the only way this tune will mature, customer and tuners will learn as this is an experience, TTI is focused right now on foxing my ECU and they will look into simplifying things if possible, meaning that they acknowledge things and this is how we learn.

bottom line is I suggest to still go for the tune but just wait a little while, I think tuning boxes have their own risks and own downfalls so nothing is perfect.

Nuke
Thanks for the advice!, i was more or less thinking about the same its better for us to wait until this becomes more mature and you are right the only way to learn about it is developing the product along customers. Hopefully in the future we have more to choose from and aftermarket support.for now my money i think will go to some aero parts.i might get the toms instead of the vr just to test it out.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune