Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-17, 10:52 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
buddy I will be honest with you, tuning box is in no eay comprable to the tune the one thing lets make clear, other thing is regarding downpipe, i wouldn't suggest running a down pipe if your not tuning as I have done a dyno after installing the dp and it showed that the car was going lean on WOT as ECU is not expecting that much change and cannot compancate in time i guess ans that can only be fixed with a tune.
What were the results with the DP?
Old 04-18-17, 11:22 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
What were the results with the DP?
i got 10whp plus 20wtq plus car is less laggy, but mind u i have a full invidia system after the dp
Old 04-18-17, 11:32 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

i got 10whp plus 20wtq plus car is less laggy, but mind u i have a full invidia system after the dp
Ok cool, you have a turbo back exhaust system. Were your numbers close to mine 214.55 WHP / 243.12 WTQ (STOCK)?
Old 04-18-17, 11:37 AM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

thats pretty solid gains for just a bolt on. plus i am sure you got a few ponies in the cat back too.
Old 04-18-17, 11:41 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by zcon
thats pretty solid gains for just a bolt on. plus i am sure you got a few ponies in the cat back too.

I got 230 whp and 270 wtq with Intake Vr Tuning box( setting 9) and Muffler delete, now i have a catback ( straight stainless steel mandrel bent 2 3/4 to 4 inch tips) i'm curious about how much hp it gained since i don't have any restrictions anymore. i might take it to the dyno soon.
Old 04-18-17, 12:27 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Down pipe comparison.

STOCK

De-catted SPOWER (TTI)
Old 04-18-17, 07:03 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by daniellina
I got 230 whp and 270 wtq with Intake Vr Tuning box( setting 9) and Muffler delete, now i have a catback ( straight stainless steel mandrel bent 2 3/4 to 4 inch tips) i'm curious about how much hp it gained since i don't have any restrictions anymore. i might take it to the dyno soon.

I have the same setup on my 200t. If we are doing 270 wtq then that's about 310 tq at the crank which impresses the hell out of me. I'm hoping with the vrtune, intake, downpipe with an open exhaust we should be doing more like 240whp and 285 wtq. If we can put out those numbers then the 0-60mph should sit in the low 5's. That would be awesome if you can get that dyno done!
The following users liked this post:
daniellina (04-19-17)
Old 04-18-17, 08:05 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Ok cool, you have a turbo back exhaust system. Were your numbers close to mine 214.55 WHP / 243.12 WTQ (STOCK)?
Well we wont be able to compare since I ran my Dyno on a Mustang Dyno
Old 04-18-17, 09:21 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Well we wont be able to compare since I ran my Dyno on a Mustang Dyno
Yea I know, I used a Dynojet. Just wanted to have an idea of how different the readings are.
Old 04-18-17, 10:25 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Yea I know, I used a Dynojet. Just wanted to have an idea of how different the readings are.
ok stock on a mustang with all bolt-ons I got the below

The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 04:53 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
I have the same setup on my 200t. If we are doing 270 wtq then that's about 310 tq at the crank which impresses the hell out of me. I'm hoping with the vrtune, intake, downpipe with an open exhaust we should be doing more like 240whp and 285 wtq. If we can put out those numbers then the 0-60mph should sit in the low 5's. That would be awesome if you can get that dyno done!
Well with a downpipe and open exhaust we should be definitely at least at those numbers. Today i might sell my VR Tuning box and get a TOM'S racing one and maybe i'll get the downpipe too. From then on i'll just wait on someone to do a proper reflash for the bolt on mods
Old 04-19-17, 04:56 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Well with a downpipe and open exhaust we should be definitely at least at those numbers. Today i might sell my VR Tuning box and get a TOM'S racing one and maybe i'll get the downpipe too. From then on i'll just wait on someone to do a proper reflash for the bolt on mods
don't waste ur money on boxs, get TTi's reflash, just wait for me to sort out my issue, results are very promising
Old 04-19-17, 05:11 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

don't waste ur money on boxs, get TTi's reflash, just wait for me to sort out my issue, results are very promising
Lets see what happens cause i don't wanna have to deal with having issues with my ECU due to having internet connection problems. Once i know its 100% safe i'll jump on it downpipe included.
Old 04-19-17, 05:50 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Lets see what happens cause i don't wanna have to deal with having issues with my ECU due to having internet connection problems. Once i know its 100% safe i'll jump on it downpipe included.
If you are going to upgrade the down pipe then i'll recommend getting a re flash tune. The TOM's PB was designed and tested on a stock motor, they didn't compensate for those mods. I installed my TTI stage 1 with no issues, its just unfortunate what happened to Nuke, once his issue is resolved i am sure he will be happy with the results. I am trying to make it to the dyno this weekend to see what gains i've made, but i must say my car is a lot more fun to drive from my experience with Racechip, VRtuned, TOM's and Burger tuning piggyback ecu's.
Old 04-19-17, 06:05 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

If you are going to upgrade the down pipe then i'll recommend getting a re flash tune. The TOM's PB was designed and tested on a stock motor, they didn't compensate for those mods. I installed my TTI stage 1 with no issues, its just unfortunate what happened to Nuke, once his issue is resolved i am sure he will be happy with the results. I am trying to make it to the dyno this weekend to see what gains i've made, but i must say my car is a lot more fun to drive from my experience with Racechip, VRtuned, TOM's and Burger tuning piggyback ecu's.
I'm thinking since TTI is doing this group buy thing that has better pricing on the downpipe im better off getting the downpipe instead of the TOM'S power box and then the reflash.who else is gonna jump in the downpipe train? LOL I mean i'm willing to get it for the price that they have for 10 people. I'm wondering if more people get the reflash from them if they would do a special price for that too?

Quick Reply: IS200t tune