Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-17, 01:06 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by daniellina
Same here i'll be waiting for a stage 2 tune. i'll have a full turbo back exhaust.
The downpipes ready to go

Last edited by TTITony; 05-10-17 at 05:36 AM. Reason: wrong words
The following 3 users liked this post by TTITony:
daniellina (05-10-17), IS200TFOWL (05-10-17), Sheddy (05-10-17)
Old 05-10-17, 03:43 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Sweet!
Old 05-10-17, 05:24 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TTITony
The downpipes eeady to go
Great! can't wait to get it.

Keep us posted about stage 2 tune!.
Old 05-10-17, 10:36 AM
matttev
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have no car tuning experience so bear with me.

What is the difference between Stage 1 and Stage 2? Also what is TCM?

Is the VRTuned thing something you have to leave on permanently? Or do you take it off when it does it's magic?
Old 05-10-17, 10:57 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by matttev
I have no car tuning experience so bear with me.

What is the difference between Stage 1 and Stage 2? Also what is TCM?

Is the VRTuned thing something you have to leave on permanently? Or do you take it off when it does it's magic?
Hey there

Reflash Stage 1 is the base tune giving u good gains for stock car with no boltons or with just intake and catback

Reflash Stage 2 is more aggressive and require you to have down pipe and full exhaust system plus intake

VRTune is a chip box that sits between your pressure sensor and boost sensor and sends different signals to the ECU to trick it, resulting in added power however it cannot remove the limitations like the reflash tune or TTi

Nuke
The following users liked this post:
matttev (05-10-17)
Old 05-10-17, 10:59 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Hey Guys just a quick update, we are still having some boost issues not sure whether its solenoid problem, vacuums or even ECU reagional software difference....TTi is helping me out to figure out the problem as we r not sure
Old 05-10-17, 11:13 AM
matttev
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nuke
Hey there

Reflash Stage 1 is the base tune giving u good gains for stock car with no boltons or with just intake and catback

Reflash Stage 2 is more aggressive and require you to have down pipe and full exhaust system plus intake

VRTune is a chip box that sits between your pressure sensor and boost sensor and sends different signals to the ECU to trick it, resulting in added power however it cannot remove the limitations like the reflash tune or TTi

Nuke
Stage 2 sounds expensive to upgrade the stock car...I'm assuming you can upgrade from stage 1 to stage 2 in the future?

I think I don't want to reflash and void my warranty, since my car is only 2 days old.
Old 05-10-17, 11:32 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Stage 2 sounds expensive to upgrade the stock car...I'm assuming you can upgrade from stage 1 to stage 2 in the future?

I think I don't want to reflash and void my warranty, since my car is only 2 days old.
upgrading or changing between stages is very easy and not very huge cost difference unless you are talking about the actual mods that u need to buy

And about thw warranty u don't need to worry as it is not detectable, no dealer has the ability to look at the ECU maps they can for sure change the software but they cannot see if tables are modified so don't worry my advise to u is to do 2 things, get a drop in filter and go for stage 1, best cost effective upgrade in my opinion
Old 05-10-17, 11:40 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke
Hey Guys just a quick update, we are still having some boost issues not sure whether its solenoid problem, vacuums or even ECU regional software difference....TTi is helping me out to figure out the problem as we r not sure
That's weird, have you every experienced the boost fluctuation issue due to the faulty vacuum regulator? I had to change mine around 12000 miles and so far it has been working fine.

You can upgrade from stage 1-2 easily. The re flash would give you the most power gains and is reversible with the tools, but it is a bit more complex than the simple piggyback system. Do some more research to find out what kind of power you are looking for, some may say that its not worth to upgrade an IS200t, but i beg to differ.
Old 05-10-17, 11:59 AM
matttev
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sheddy
You can upgrade from stage 1-2 easily. The re flash would give you the most power gains and is reversible with the tools, but it is a bit more complex than the simple piggyback system. Do some more research to find out what kind of power you are looking for, some may say that its not worth to upgrade an IS200t, but i beg to differ.
A reflash won't make the CEL come up right?

Is TTI reliable? Is there minimal risk of breaking my car?

I'm looking for a fair amount of power but I'm also on a budget. To get in the mid 200s whp would be ideal. Is that possible?

Last edited by matttev; 05-10-17 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-10-17, 12:21 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

A reflash won't make the CEL come up right?

Is TTI reliable? Is there minimal risk of breaking my car?

I'm looking for a fair amount of power but I'm also on a budget. To get in the mid 200s whp would be ideal. Is that possible?
TTI's re flash doesn't cause a CEL. I've been running their Stage 1 tune for over a month and i have no complaints, the car is so much fun to drive and the fuel efficiency is like stock. The best i made was 236WHP 257WTQ with the stage 1 and a drop in K&N filter. I have since added the HPS intake tube and my down pipe is on the way, so i'm expecting the numbers to be a bit more.

Last edited by Sheddy; 05-10-17 at 12:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
matttev (05-10-17)
Old 05-10-17, 01:00 PM
matttev
Rookie

TTI's re flash doesn't cause a CEL. I've been running their Stage 1 tune for over a month and i have no complaints, the car is so much fun to drive and the fuel efficiency is like stock. The best i made was 236WHP 257WTQ with the stage 1 and a drop in K&N filter. I have since added the HPS intake tube and my down pipe is on the way, so i'm expecting the numbers to be a bit more.
Awesome thanks! I'll definitely take that into consideration!
Old 05-10-17, 01:32 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Awesome thanks! I'll definitely take that into consideration!
No problem. If you do decide to go with the piggyback system i would highly recommend TOM's power box since Burger Tuning (highly favorable) hasn't released anymore information on their product.
Old 05-10-17, 01:39 PM
matttev
Rookie

No problem. If you do decide to go with the piggyback system i would highly recommend TOM's power box since Burger Tuning (highly favorable) hasn't released anymore information on their product.
Okay great. I'm hesitant on a piggyback though now because of people saying the stock ecu could relearn and reset itself. Anyways it sounds like ill have better results with TTI stage 1. By the way, can I do stage 1 without any other mods? Or do I need an intake or downpipe or something?
Old 05-10-17, 02:22 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Okay great. I'm hesitant on a piggyback though now because of people saying the stock ecu could relearn and reset itself. Anyways it sounds like ill have better results with TTI stage 1. By the way, can I do stage 1 without any other mods? Or do I need an intake or downpipe or something?
You will get a lot better power gains with the re flash, and yes it is safe to run the stage 1 with the stock motor. Also the TCM is the transmission control module, TTI is offering an upgraded file to improve shift points which leads to faster acceleration.

Last edited by Sheddy; 05-10-17 at 03:44 PM.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune