Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-17, 07:27 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
That's weird, have you every experienced the boost fluctuation issue due to the faulty vacuum regulator? I had to change mine around 12000 miles and so far it has been working fine.

You can upgrade from stage 1-2 easily. The re flash would give you the most power gains and is reversible with the tools, but it is a bit more complex than the simple piggyback system. Do some more research to find out what kind of power you are looking for, some may say that its not worth to upgrade an IS200t, but i beg to differ.
ya I had mine changed at 15000 miles too as it was fluctuating but we haven't gotta clue what is the cause of this.
Old 05-10-17, 08:46 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
ya I had mine changed at 15000 miles too as it was fluctuating but we haven't gotta clue what is the cause of this.
Tony and I were chatting earlier this week about your issue. I really want to believe that with the recovery the ECU was reset to"new" and is limiting the boost pressure for the breaking in process. I would say put some miles on it and see how it goes.
Old 05-10-17, 09:15 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Tony and I were chatting earlier this week about your issue. I really want to believe that with the recovery the ECU was reset to"new" and is limiting the boost pressure for the breaking in process. I would say put some miles on it and see how it goes.
Highly doubt that, I have reflashed my Evo over 100 times and it never had these issues and in the Evo reflashing replaces the whole ECU software meaning that it is like "new" everytime
Old 05-10-17, 09:26 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Highly doubt that, I have reflashed my Evo over 100 times and it never had these issues and in the Evo reflashing replaces the whole ECU software meaning that it is like "new" everytime
Oh ok, it's a Toyota though so never know lol. Hopefully he can find the issue soon, their stage 2 IS in Taiwan is running fine. Once I get my down pipe I will eventually upgrade to stage 2, so let's see how it reacts on my car.
The following users liked this post:
daniellina (05-11-17)
Old 05-10-17, 09:32 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Oh ok, it's a Toyota though so never know lol. Hopefully he can find the issue soon, their stage 2 IS in Taiwan is running fine. Once I get my down pipe I will eventually upgrade to stage 2, so let's see how it reacts on my car.
It will be fine on urs thats for sure...am starting to believe that it is more of a software version issue that is different than US and Taiwan, or else it can be a solenoid issue though an getting boost when we are changing the map but it is not consistent and what complicates things is that it is not fluctuating nor dropping which makes the solenoid looks like it is working fine
Old 05-10-17, 09:42 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Here you this is an example of a test I conducted yesterday

Then another pull after that with different results

Old 05-11-17, 05:46 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

It will be fine on urs thats for sure...am starting to believe that it is more of a software version issue that is different than US and Taiwan, or else it can be a solenoid issue though an getting boost when we are changing the map but it is not consistent and what complicates things is that it is not fluctuating nor dropping which makes the solenoid looks like it is working fine
Yea, i wouldn't think that the software is different, but i wouldn't rule out the possibility and if it was the vacuum regulator then it would definitely behave differently. The first video seem to be doing well, how does the car feel over the stock tune?
Old 05-11-17, 08:05 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Yea, i wouldn't think that the software is different, but i wouldn't rule out the possibility and if it was the vacuum regulator then it would definitely behave differently. The first video seem to be doing well, how does the car feel over the stock tune?
well it differently is much better since its more lean and more timing is involved plus the slightly added boost but the boost is not holding if u notice, thats one of the reasons i asked u for that video wanted to see how urs is holding and reacting between shifts
Old 05-11-17, 09:47 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

quick lunch drive.
The following users liked this post:
matttev (05-11-17)
Old 05-11-17, 09:49 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

well it differently is much better since its more lean and more timing is involved plus the slightly added boost but the boost is not holding if u notice, thats one of the reasons i asked u for that video wanted to see how urs is holding and reacting between shifts
Here's a quick 30-80MPH run.
Old 05-11-17, 11:19 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

[QUOTE=Sheddy;9863720]That's weird, have you every experienced the boost fluctuation issue due to the faulty vacuum regulator? I had to change mine around 12000 miles and so far it has been working fine.

Same happened to me remember? around the 11k miles not having issues now at 15k
Old 05-11-17, 12:22 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Here's a quick 30-80MPH run.
Droppinr but not as rapidly as mine....I wish we can get an aftermarket solenoid
[QUOTE=daniellina;9864810]
That's weird, have you every experienced the boost fluctuation issue due to the faulty vacuum regulator? I had to change mine around 12000 miles and so far it has been working fine.

Same happened to me remember? around the 11k miles not having issues now at 15k
seems like every one had a faulty solenoid, For God sake why disnt they come up with a revised part yet
Old 05-11-17, 01:52 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Here you this is an example of a test I conducted yesterday

Then another pull after that with different results

I really like the sound of your car! Is it a straight pipe cat back? I want to see you guys do a 0-60 while brake boost launching at 2k rpms. It allows the turbo to spool up but you might wanna let some air out of your tires, that way you wont just be spinning the whole time
Old 05-11-17, 07:42 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
I really like the sound of your car! Is it a straight pipe cat back? I want to see you guys do a 0-60 while brake boost launching at 2k rpms. It allows the turbo to spool up but you might wanna let some air out of your tires, that way you wont just be spinning the whole time
Brake boosting is fun lol. I feel that these videos still don't do justice to how the car feels with the re flash, it's definitely a drivers experience enhancer. I think Nuke is running a down pipe with an invidia mid pipe and axle back (full turboback system).
Old 05-11-17, 08:16 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Guys a couple pulls i forgot i had all my windows down lol. ( full tank of gas too)

in case you are wondering i have injen intake vr tuning box and catback straight pipe

Quick Reply: IS200t tune