Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-17, 10:46 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by TTITony
Hello guys

Our stage 2 released and I can relax for a few days.
BTW my project car ready to modify turbocharger for next step...lol
"Stay tune"
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-released.html

Can't wait to the First
Old 06-06-17, 05:03 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TTITony
Hello guys

Our stage 2 released and I can relax for a few days.
BTW my project car ready to modify turbocharger for next step...lol
"Stay tune"
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-released.html

Awesome! looking forward to it!
Old 06-06-17, 06:05 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke

Your right, I have that in at the moment for test and its great, response is better

btw how does the car sound with a DP and a straight pipe on a stock muffler?
I am running the sport catalyst down pipe with stock mid pipe and axle back. At initial warm up and low rpm there's a deeper tone, but i am getting my F Sport axle back installed this weekend, so it will have a nicer sound.
Old 06-06-17, 07:58 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I am running the sport catalyst down pipe with stock mid pipe and axle back. At initial warm up and low rpm there's a deeper tone, but i am getting my F Sport axle back installed this weekend, so it will have a nicer sound.
https://youtu.be/PXl-V7BigNI
thats an expensive cat, keep me posted
Old 06-06-17, 08:21 AM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I just found this today. Definitely a different sound. Very excited for the turbo modifications to come. Any news on E85 Capability?

Last edited by zcon; 06-06-17 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-06-17, 08:43 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

thats an expensive cat, keep me posted
Lol, it was a special order from TTI. I am all for the environment.

Originally Posted by zcon
I just found this today. Definitely a different sound. Very excited for the turbo modifications to come. Any news on E85 Capability?
No E85 testing yet. Stage 1 and Stage 2 have been officially released, just waiting for my tools for Stage 2 upgrade and i'll have an updated review and dyno results soon.
Old 06-06-17, 09:07 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Lol, it was a special order from TTI. I am all for the environment.

No E85 testing yet. Stage 1 and Stage 2 have been officially released, just waiting for my tools for Stage 2 upgrade and i'll have an updated review and dyno results soon.
lol was refering to the F sport cat back 😂
Old 06-06-17, 09:24 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

lol was refering to the F sport cat back 😂
Ohh lol, yea its just the axle back, but i was able to get it for a steal.
Old 06-06-17, 10:42 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Ohh lol, yea its just the axle back, but i was able to get it for a steal.
Do tell....how can I get my hands a set?
Old 06-06-17, 10:51 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Do tell....how can I get my hands a set?
Ebay seller (automotive parts) had it listed as a Tanabe Medallion axle back that is brand new without a box, but it turned out to be an original F Sport. I got lucky i guess lol
Old 06-06-17, 12:17 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Ebay seller (automotive parts) had it listed as a Tanabe Medallion axle back that is brand new without a box, but it turned out to be an original F Sport. I got lucky i guess lol
thats lucky, get in touch with him and see if he is ready to make the mistake twice am interested
Old 06-06-17, 01:56 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

TTI claims 3-4 psi over stock with the stage two reflash, sounds amazing! Loving all the much needed engine/throttle tuning finally bringing it up to par... I was looking into our internals aluminum alloy pistons, high-strength steel connecting rods, forged steel crankshaft and cast iron bore liners. Almost identical to the 328i (N20B20A) instead it appears the n20 uses a iron coated cylinder bore, they do this by electric arc wire spray. Different from our cast iron liners which are fused by irregular ('spiney type') surfaces on the casting exteriors providing better adhesion between the solid cast iron liners and cylinder block. Also the 328i is matching the 8arfts at 17 stock psi peak boost. A few other differences would be the bore and stroke, the 8AR FTS uses a 86.0mm bore and 86.0mm stroke whereas the 328i uses 84mm bore and 90.1mm stroke. The n20 crankshaft is made by die-casting steel which means its brought to a liquid state then cased into a mold, ill explain. Die-casting (liquefying) steel requires other metals like alloys such as aluminum, zinc, copper and magnesium which in theory gives you weaker' steel, not to mention porosity and cavity defects. In forging, steel is heated, often to very high temperatures, but remains solid then by physical force molded. Forgings can be made from steel and titanium that are not possible in die casting due to melt temperatures. We have basically the same internals however we have stronger solid cast iron bore liners, a more balanced bore x stroke, 1 extra cc and a stronger fully forged steel crank shaft. Super good, figuring most turbo engine platforms don't have forged internals, for example the Focus St. Some very reputable tuning companies involved with the 328I are pushing 6 psi boost over stock, with stock internals. It's going to be interesting seeing where we end up with the 8AR-FTS engine... Thank god we have TTI helping us!

Last edited by IS200TFOWL; 06-06-17 at 10:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by IS200TFOWL:
memorekt (03-23-21), Sheddy (06-07-17)
Old 06-06-17, 03:09 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
TTI claims 3-4 psi over stock with the stage two reflash, sounds amazing! Loving all the much needed engine/throttle tuning finally bringing it up to par... I was looking into our internals aluminum alloy pistons, high-strength steel connecting rods, forged steel crankshaft and cast iron bore liners. Almost identical to the 328i (N20B20A) instead it appears the n20 uses a iron coated cylinder bore, they do this by electric arc wire spray. Different from our cast iron liners which are fused by irregular ('spiney type') surfaces on the casting exteriors providing better adhesion between the solid cast iron liners and cylinder block. Also the 328i is matching the 8arfts at 17 stock psi peak boost. A few other differences would be the bore and stroke, the 8AR FTS uses a 86.0mm bore and 86.0mm stroke whereas the 328i uses 84mm bore and 90.1mm stroke. The n20 crankshaft is made by die-casting steel which means its brought to a liquid state then cased into a mold, ill explain. Die-casting (liquefying) steel requires other metals like alloys such as aluminum, zinc, copper and magnesium which in theory gives you weaker' steel, not to mention porosity and cavity defects. In forging, steel is heated, often to very high temperatures, but remains solid then by physical force molded. Forgings can be made from steel and titanium that are not possible in die casting due to melt temperatures. We have basically the same internals however we have stronger solid cast iron bore liners, a more balanced bore x stroke, 1 extra cc and a stronger fully forged steel crank shaft. Super good, figuring most turbo engine platforms don't have forged internals, for example the Focus St. Some very reputable tuning companies involved with the 328I are pushing 6 psi boost over stock, with stock internals. It's going to be interesting seeing where we end up with the 8AR-FTS engine... Thank god we have TTI helping us!
Wow i did not know all of this thats really helpful information, i think we are looking into turbo upgrades and at somepoint cooling/gas upgrades too.

Thanks for the info!

Here is something that i read a couple days ago

http://www.boostaddict.com/content.p...e-have-learned
Old 06-06-17, 04:02 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,156 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Similar internals, same PSI, similar rated power, however our 8ARs are mountains slower. Is anybody still talking about the supposed 30% throttle limitation Lexus installed on the 200T for anything below 3k RPM? Anyone? TTI-- can you read this and comment on that? Or was that a false rumor someone posted?

Another challenge as some know will be upgrading the charge cooling (perhaps bigger liquid intercooler?--is there enough space?) and the turbo itself. It's integrated into the head so how do we get more flow. Time will tell =)

Note that the Chevy Cobalt 2.0 Turbo is also known to make MOUNTAINS of modded torque! One of its strong points is not only the beefy forged stuff, but also it uses very strong bolts that sandwich everything together. Overall I hope our platform is strong for extreme turbo mods. That would be awesome!

Though truth be told I will likely ride my car out stock!
Old 06-06-17, 05:08 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Similar internals, same PSI, similar rated power, however our 8ARs are mountains slower. Is anybody still talking about the supposed 30% throttle limitation Lexus installed on the 200T for anything below 3k RPM? Anyone? TTI-- can you read this and comment on that? Or was that a false rumor someone posted?

Another challenge as some know will be upgrading the charge cooling (perhaps bigger liquid intercooler?--is there enough space?) and the turbo itself. It's integrated into the head so how do we get more flow. Time will tell =)

Note that the Chevy Cobalt 2.0 Turbo is also known to make MOUNTAINS of modded torque! One of its strong points is not only the beefy forged stuff, but also it uses very strong bolts that sandwich everything together. Overall I hope our platform is strong for extreme turbo mods. That would be awesome!

Though truth be told I will likely ride my car out stock!
Yeah we are way past the 30% throttle limitation as TTI has elaborated on it multiple times. I said "Loving all the much needed engine/throttle tuning finally bringing it up to PAR..." everyone knows it would be a HUGE foul if Lexus made the is200t faster than the is350 right out of the box. Thanks for mentioning the water/air inter-cooler which is undisputed the best available. Not to mention the newer BMW M3 & M4 using the same water/air inter-cooler systems. I'm sure there's enough room but i highly doubt we'll need to upgrade in "size" unless your looking for ridiculously huge gains. I personally like the idea of having the exhaust manifold integrated, the four-into-two method helps with vibrations, balance, heat and an overall smoother engine however machining the inter exhaust manifold is possible but extremely expensive... I understand your not looking into tuning your 200t but they do have some nice window tint forums you can check out

Last edited by IS200TFOWL; 06-06-17 at 10:11 PM.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune