Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-17, 04:51 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Oh ok that's good to know. I'm sure I can take them off and free up the flow some more. Thanks!

Daniel and I just loaded our Stage 2 tunes tonight and I must say my car feels great! The throttle response is awesome, I would definitely say that it has been decreased significantly and you will be able to notice it immediately.
100%, the difference is noticeable for sure!, i had the VR tuning box it was alright but after driving the car with the stage 2 it feels faster, the car pulls harder it feels much better sounds better. i cant wait to get the dyno \ so we can see it but so far i would say its at least 30% better than a piggyback. throttle response is faster too! the car boosts consistently through the rpms it doesnt die down on top.
i would defenitely recommend stage 2 hands down.
really happy with the outcome
The car is so much fun!

Will keep you guys posted with the dyno results hopefully this weekend.
Old 06-09-17, 05:20 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by daniellina
100%, the difference is noticeable for sure!, i had the VR tuning box it was alright but after driving the car with the stage 2 it feels faster, the car pulls harder it feels much better sounds better. i cant wait to get the dyno \ so we can see it but so far i would say its at least 30% better than a piggyback. throttle response is faster too! the car boosts consistently through the rpms it doesnt die down on top.
i would defenitely recommend stage 2 hands down.
really happy with the outcome
The car is so much fun!

Will keep you guys posted with the dyno results hopefully this weekend.
I agree with you and I am glad you are a happy customer
The following users liked this post:
daniellina (06-09-17)
Old 06-09-17, 05:47 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
I agree with you and I am glad you are a happy customer
We found out that Daniel's ECU is just like yours Nuke, so i am guessing since mine was assembled in 2015 it came with a different setup.
daniellina (06-09-17)
Old 06-09-17, 07:20 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

We found out that Daniel's ECU is just like yours Nuke, so i am guessing since mine was assembled in 2015 it came with a different setup.
That's interesting indeed
Old 06-09-17, 08:00 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke
That's interesting indeed
Yup, so Tony has all model years covered.

I'm loving the Stage 2!
Old 06-09-17, 08:04 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Yup, so Tony has all model years covered.

I'm loving the Stage 2!
there is two of us!
Old 06-09-17, 08:06 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Hey guys was just reading through all these posts I don't own and IS200T, but I'm happy to see that you finally have a true to tuning solution for IS200T. I'm looking forward to seeing how far they can push the factory Turbo. I've owned the few turbo cars in the past before owning my ISF, I know it's been stated before but to really maximize tune you need to give all the supporting mods such as a large downpipe, intercooler etc. In order to maximize the RR Racing tune in ISF you need to be FBO, which I am. A Reflash in my experience has neen better option. What I really can't wait to see is someone put a larger aftermarket turbo and see how far they can push it safely. Currently RR Racing S/C ISF makes around 530/540whp and S/C RCF570/580whp. I could see and 200t with bigger turbo FBO running a conservative tune around 380whp to 400whp. Great to see tuning options for the 200t.
The following 2 users liked this post by Weapon F:
daniellina (06-09-17), Sheddy (06-09-17)
Old 06-09-17, 08:08 AM
blizz24
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just asked for numbers since they are a standardized method. What you may classify as fast may not be fast for others. On the other hand, by knowing an approximate value you know how much improvement the car has made and how much more it can improve. Seeing that people are getting excited by the better throttle response (lets say a 10% decrease) is great but knowing at which value we are at tells us how much more we can gain/improve. Cause I might get the reflash and when I drive the car I might not find it as "responsive" as you do; my expectations might have been higher than what it really was. I might even be "disappointed" by the mod, but knowing that the throttle response is at 20% (random number) the thought process can be "this is great, can't wait for them to take it down a notch; let's keep modding the car"

sorry if it's not clear, tried explaining it the best I could
Old 06-09-17, 08:53 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Hey guys was just reading through all these posts I don't own and IS200T, but I'm happy to see that you finally have a true to tuning solution for IS200T. I'm looking forward to seeing how far they can push the factory Turbo. I've owned the few turbo cars in the past before owning my ISF, I know it's been stated before but to really maximize tune you need to give all the supporting mods such as a large downpipe, intercooler etc. In order to maximize the RR Racing tune in ISF you need to be FBO, which I am. A Reflash in my experience has neen better option. What I really can't wait to see is someone put a larger aftermarket turbo and see how far they can push it safely. Currently RR Racing S/C ISF makes around 530/540whp and S/C RCF570/580whp. I could see and 200t with bigger turbo FBO running a conservative tune around 380whp to 400whp. Great to see tuning options for the 200t.
We are really excited that a company like TTI has invested time to do R&D on these motors. A big turbo upgrade would be great, and i believe that the TTI team is in the works of modifying the stock turbo as well. For now we can try to get the most out of the stock turbo with the tune and as you said FBO would help significantly.
Thanks for the support!

Originally Posted by blizz24
Just asked for numbers since they are a standardized method. What you may classify as fast may not be fast for others. On the other hand, by knowing an approximate value you know how much improvement the car has made and how much more it can improve. Seeing that people are getting excited by the better throttle response (lets say a 10% decrease) is great but knowing at which value we are at tells us how much more we can gain/improve. Cause I might get the reflash and when I drive the car I might not find it as "responsive" as you do; my expectations might have been higher than what it really was. I might even be "disappointed" by the mod, but knowing that the throttle response is at 20% (random number) the thought process can be "this is great, can't wait for them to take it down a notch; let's keep modding the car"

sorry if it's not clear, tried explaining it the best I could
Understood! I can't give an exact numerical value for the improvements of the throttle, hopefully Tony can give a more detailed description on what they did. This 30% claim was made by a company that has now scrapped the project, but i would agree that in stock form it did feel a bit sluggish. You are correct, my standard of "fast" would differ from others. I do not own a 800whp Supra, nor have i owned anything that has been considered to be a "Fast" car, but i have driven this car in its stock form as well as tested multiple tuning products (with dynos) and i've came to the conclusion that the re flash is the best tune available right now from just a drivers perspective.
Old 06-09-17, 12:54 PM
Weapon F

[QUOTE=Sheddy;9892126]We are really excited that a company like TTI has invested time to do R&D on these motors. A big turbo upgrade would be great, and i believe that the TTI team is in the works of modifying the stock turbo as well. For now we can try to get the most out of the stock turbo with the tune and as you said FBO would help significantly.
Thanks for the support!

Keep up the good work, it's great to finally see companies putting in time and effort to further develop all Lexus Platform. Some of our experience when tune first came available for ISF by RR Racing, guys would sending there ecu next day air to RR Racing they would bench flash them the same day they received ecu then send them back via next day air. This was done as stop gap measure while they finalize the handheld OBD2 unit. Anyone that bench flashed their ECU would receive a discount once the handheld unit was available if they elected to purchase handheld unit. The handheld units are great it allows you to update the tune with latest updates or bring the car back to stock.
IS200t tune-20170426_120710.jpgIS200t tune-20170421_112615.jpg
Old 06-09-17, 01:09 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Weapon F

Keep up the good work, it's great to finally see companies putting in time and effort to further develop all Lexus Platform. Some of our experience when tune first came available for ISF by RR Racing, guys would sending there ecu next day air to RR Racing they would bench flash them the same day they received ecu then send them back via next day air. This was done as stop gap measure while they finalize the handheld OBD2 unit. Anyone that bench flashed their ECU would receive a discount once the handheld unit was available if they elected to purchase handheld unit. The handheld units are great it allows you to update the tune with latest updates or bring the car back to stock.
Attachment 410785Attachment 410786
That's awesome, im sure your ISF is a lot more fun with those add ons! Maybe RR supercharger in the near future? !
We would love to get the handheld programmer for the tune, but as of now there is no support yet. At least the process we have now is pretty simple to anyone who's computer savvy. It requires the open-port ,license dongle, windows laptop and internet service. Hopefully in the near future we can get a programmer that can change modes and fuel types with the push of a button.
daniellina (06-09-17)
Old 06-09-17, 01:48 PM
Weapon F

For anyone who's on the fence whether or not to do the tuned from my experience even though it's a different platform naturally aspirated V8 versus turbo 4 cy, all I can say is go for it!! get reflashed tune . It has totally woken up the ISF everything from throttle response, the way the transmission shifts, much better lowmid-range punch where the car needed it, increased red line from 6800 to 7200 it's just a blast to drive.

If I had a IS200-T I would definitely be doing this reflash tune as well as a downpipe, and any additional supporting mods that would be need to maximize tune. From talking to guys with different cars from ISF RCF and IS350 the tune has made a huge impact on all three of those vehicles I anticipate it'll be the same for the IS200T.
oh on a side note RR Racing 625 supercharger kit for the ISF cost 10 grand but it's a complete kit comes with everything Rotrex supercharger all the piping is carbon fiber it's a beautiful kit well made.
daniellina (06-09-17)
Old 06-09-17, 02:24 PM
PGARazor
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Probably covered, but if i get downpipe and stage 2 reflash will i need new mufflers to get car to sound as stock?
Old 06-09-17, 02:41 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PGARazor
Probably covered, but if i get downpipe and stage 2 reflash will i need new mufflers to get car to sound as stock?
u will only get a slightly deeper tone with a stock muffler barely noticeable, so if ur looking for noise then u might as well go with an after market, I have Invidia Q300 its nice but allot of dron in cabbin
PGARazor (06-09-17)
Old 06-09-17, 02:59 PM
PGARazor
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Cool,
taking the plunge, contacted Tony.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune