Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-17, 03:54 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
For anyone who's on the fence whether or not to do the tuned from my experience even though it's a different platform naturally aspirated V8 versus turbo 4 cy, all I can say is go for it!! get reflashed tune . It has totally woken up the ISF everything from throttle response, the way the transmission shifts, much better lowmid-range punch where the car needed it, increased red line from 6800 to 7200 it's just a blast to drive.

If I had a IS200-T I would definitely be doing this reflash tune as well as a downpipe, and any additional supporting mods that would be need to maximize tune. From talking to guys with different cars from ISF RCF and IS350 the tune has made a huge impact on all three of those vehicles I anticipate it'll be the same for the IS200T.
oh on a side note RR Racing 625 supercharger kit for the ISF cost 10 grand but it's a complete kit comes with everything Rotrex supercharger all the piping is carbon fiber it's a beautiful kit well made.
My thoughts exactly, the re flash and down pipe are definitely worth it. I think my next mod would be to upgrade the charge pipe to compensate for the extra boost pressure. Like you said add bolt ons to maximize the power of the tune.
10 grand is crazy for that set-up but since they are one of the few companies, if not the only one that has the supercharger available. Im sure you're happy with your current set up anyway.

Originally Posted by PGARazor
Probably covered, but if i get downpipe and stage 2 reflash will i need new mufflers to get car to sound as stock?
Hey,
I am actually running the down pipe with the stock exhaust system. You will get a deep tone at initial start up and at low rpm since you are taking off 2 restrictive catalytic converters ,but other than that It sounds stock for the most part.

Originally Posted by PGARazor
Cool,
taking the plunge, contacted Tony.
You'll love it!
Old 06-09-17, 06:01 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
You'll love it!
Did the turbo sounds get any louder after stage two?
Old 06-09-17, 06:18 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Did the turbo sounds get any louder after stage two?
It sure did, even with my stock air box you can hear it.
Old 06-10-17, 11:20 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Stage 2 (93 oct) results
HPS intake tube & TTI high flow cat down pipe.

Last edited by Sheddy; 06-10-17 at 11:55 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sheddy:
PGARazor (06-10-17), zhifan1 (06-10-17)
Old 06-10-17, 12:51 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Stage 2 (93 oct) results

That's awesome! Was stage two based with a cone filter/decat downpipe?
Old 06-10-17, 01:57 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
That's awesome! Was stage two based with a cone filter/decat downpipe?
Yup, it's recommended to have an upgraded down pipe with stage 2 and an intake/cone filter is optional, but I'll put one for better breathing.
Old 06-10-17, 02:42 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking

You need to run against a stock IS350, for bench-marking purposes.
Old 06-10-17, 04:45 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EXE46
You need to run against a stock IS350, for bench-marking purposes.
lol, I hear you!

Video of my first run
Old 06-10-17, 04:57 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Ok guys so i also dynoed the car today here are the results

i

I have to say car feels amazing the afr its optimal and the powerband its really good! the car pulls hard specially after 4k rpms when vvti kicks in. The throttle response its been greatly improved and the car is much more fun to drive feels efficient im really amazed of how smooth makes the power i had 2 long drives since i had the stage 2 tune and its been pure fun!. i would say i was hoping for slightly bigger numbers because of the difference in the driving being so fun and how much of an improvement i felt keep in mind guys this tune is a safe one! if someone asks me stage 2 is totally worth it why? the downpipe is gonna be there not only for stage 2 but for whatever upgrades you wanna do in the future and also how fun it is now i think its well worth the money.

Here is a video of one dyno pull

Old 06-10-17, 08:29 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Stage 2 (93 oct) results
Originally Posted by daniellina
Ok guys so i also dynoed the car today here are the results

i

I have to say car feels amazing the afr its optimal and the powerband its really good! the car pulls hard specially after 4k rpms when vvti kicks in. The throttle response its been greatly improved and the car is much more fun to drive feels efficient im really amazed of how smooth makes the power i had 2 long drives since i had the stage 2 tune and its been pure fun!. i would say i was hoping for slightly bigger numbers because of the difference in the driving being so fun and how much of an improvement i felt keep in mind guys this tune is a safe one! if someone asks me stage 2 is totally worth it why? the downpipe is gonna be there not only for stage 2 but for whatever upgrades you wanna do in the future and also how fun it is now i think its well worth the money.

Here is a video of one dyno pull

https://youtu.be/klE5pS3TSSw
Congrats guys, am sure its lots of fun now...did you guys do the dyno same place?
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (06-11-17)
Old 06-11-17, 01:03 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
Congrats guys, am sure its lots of fun now...did you guys do the dyno same place?
yeah we live like 40 min away
Old 06-11-17, 10:13 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

These are the comparison graphs of Stock, Stage 1 & Stage 2.

Last edited by Sheddy; 06-11-17 at 11:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Pacific13 (06-11-17)
Old 06-11-17, 03:29 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

so same(ish) torque as bms (but torque hangs on longer than bms), a lot more horsepower, and little to no throttle delay, sounds like a big win for you. congratz!

Last edited by gbgary; 06-11-17 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-11-17, 05:18 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gbgary
so same(ish) torque as bms (but torque hangs on longer than bms), a lot more horsepower, and little to no throttle delay, sounds like a big win for you. congratz!
Exactly! The peak numbers may not be drastically high, but the power under the curve is what really matters. If you look at the comparison between the stock tune and stage 2 theres a steady 20+ WHP and 25+ WTQ gain throughout the power band, so imagine what a difference that makes! Again this is a very conservative tune from TTI. It has a 3-4 PSI increase, so it doesn't put a lot of strain on the turbo and motor.
Old 06-12-17, 03:19 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Exactly! The peak numbers may not be drastically high, but the power under the curve is what really matters. If you look at the comparison between the stock tune and stage 2 theres a steady 20+ WHP and 25+ WTQ gain throughout the power band, so imagine what a difference that makes! Again this is a very conservative tune from TTI. It has a 3-4 PSI increase, so it doesn't put a lot of strain on the turbo and motor.
I love these numbers, I think now we can tear up bout any old muscle car, newer v6 and most lightly tuned turbocharged cars.

Tony said we can run e85/91 mix with stage two, maybe giving you more 4 psi constantly. Our injectors should handle E85(E52-AZ)/91 mix 50/50 resulting in E30. He's gonna look into a high boost test map in Cali for me and talk further about stage three. It looks like his company releases multiple stage tunes 1, 2, 3, 4 per model vehicle. Pretty much any stage tune released recommends a new TTI performance part (intake, downpipe, turbo, internals etc...) good business if you will. I found the boost wastegate line which follows just under the engine cover. Right next to the oil cap you'll see the boost line with an adapter splinter giving the perfect spot to a install a manuel boost controller without cutting into the boost line.... Perhaps with the stage two, e30 (96 OCT), full exhaust, full intake and a manual boost controller, pushing 22 psi, could be my recipe for 300 WTQ. TILL STAGE 3, I wonder how long the wait will be.

Last edited by IS200TFOWL; 06-12-17 at 03:27 AM.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune