Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-17, 04:44 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
I love these numbers, I think now we can tear up bout any old muscle car, newer v6 and most lightly tuned turbocharged cars.

Tony said we can run e85/91 mix with stage two, maybe giving you more 4 psi constantly. Our injectors should handle E85(E52-AZ)/91 mix 50/50 resulting in E30. He's gonna look into a high boost test map in Cali for me and talk further about stage three. It looks like his company releases multiple stage tunes 1, 2, 3, 4 per model vehicle. Pretty much any stage tune released recommends a new TTI performance part (intake, downpipe, turbo, internals etc...) good business if you will. I found the boost wastegate line which follows just under the engine cover. Right next to the oil cap you'll see the boost line with an adapter splinter giving the perfect spot to a install a manuel boost controller without cutting into the boost line.... Perhaps with the stage two, e30 (96 OCT), full exhaust, full intake and a manual boost controller, pushing 22 psi, could be my recipe for 300 WTQ. TILL STAGE 3, I wonder how long the wait will be.

That would be great.
On the other hand i was wondering how much psi is the turbo is good for?. I saw that for example golf mk7s with stage 2 they peak at 28 psi and run 24-26 psi constantly resulting in more than 300-320 whp and like 380wtq.( with downpipe full exhaust and intake). those engines like boost. I know we are just in the research phase for our engine i would like to see what tti has in the future for us perhaps a more agreesive tune or a tune for e30 like you said. for now the car with stage 2 is fun to drive and faster for sure. let see what happens
Old 06-12-17, 04:48 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by daniellina
That would be great.
On the other hand i was wondering how much psi is the turbo is good for?. I saw that for example golf mk7s with stage 2 they peak at 28 psi and run 24-26 psi constantly resulting in more than 300-320 whp and like 380wtq.( with downpipe full exhaust and intake). those engines like boost. I know we are just in the research phase for our engine i would like to see what tti has in the future for us perhaps a more agreesive tune or a tune for e30 like you said. for now the car with stage 2 is fun to drive and faster for sure. let see what happens
Its hard to tell since this is all new to the market, however judging from past experience with similar cars I think 1.7 bar would be the roof for this size turbo but then again running on that boost constantly is not a good idea as it will put allot of stress on the internals of it...as of now with our Stage 2 we are running aprox 1.4 bar which is not bad at all
Old 06-12-17, 05:09 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nuke
Its hard to tell since this is all new to the market, however judging from past experience with similar cars I think 1.7 bar would be the roof for this size turbo but then again running on that boost constantly is not a good idea as it will put allot of stress on the internals of it...as of now with our Stage 2 we are running aprox 1.4 bar which is not bad at all
I was wondering how come you got 295 wtq and 220 whp in your dyno run last month. ( it was a mustang dyno which for what i know reads 13% lower than a dynojet)

Last edited by daniellina; 06-12-17 at 05:16 AM.
Old 06-12-17, 05:52 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

I was wondering how come you got 295 wtq and 220 whp in your dyno run last month. ( it was a mustang dyno which for what i know reads 13% lower than a dynojet)
Could be a fluk since my ROM was not properly configured at that stage we didnt know my ROM is different, in any case I will be running a new dyno very soon
The following users liked this post:
daniellina (06-12-17)
Old 06-12-17, 06:01 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

I love these numbers, I think now we can tear up bout any old muscle car, newer v6 and most lightly tuned turbocharged cars.

Tony said we can run e85/91 mix with stage two, maybe giving you more 4 psi constantly. Our injectors should handle E85(E52-AZ)/91 mix 50/50 resulting in E30. He's gonna look into a high boost test map in Cali for me and talk further about stage three. It looks like his company releases multiple stage tunes 1, 2, 3, 4 per model vehicle. Pretty much any stage tune released recommends a new TTI performance part (intake, downpipe, turbo, internals etc...) good business if you will. I found the boost wastegate line which follows just under the engine cover. Right next to the oil cap you'll see the boost line with an adapter splinter giving the perfect spot to a install a manuel boost controller without cutting into the boost line.... Perhaps with the stage two, e30 (96 OCT), full exhaust, full intake and a manual boost controller, pushing 22 psi, could be my recipe for 300 WTQ. TILL STAGE 3, I wonder how long the wait will be.
That would be pretty cool to have E85 support. I think if we can turn the boost up to 6 psi on pump fuel we can see a bit more increase on the peak numbers, but before that happens i'll make sure to have supporting bolt on's (Intake,down pipe & perhaps a charge pipe) to hold the extra pressure.
The following users liked this post:
daniellina (06-12-17)
Old 06-12-17, 06:10 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sheddy
That would be pretty cool to have E85 support. I think if we can turn the boost up to 6 psi on pump fuel we can see a bit more increase on the peak numbers, but before that happens i'll make sure to have supporting bolt on's (Intake,down pipe & perhaps a charge pipe) to hold the extra pressure.
would spower make a charge pipe too?? i've been looking at the ftp one but i think 230.00 its a little bit too much for that.
i would also like to see a 2 psi increase to see what happens.i would definitely would like to run an e85 mixture too that along with 2psi increase should take us to 300whp

Last edited by daniellina; 06-12-17 at 06:22 AM.
Old 06-12-17, 06:15 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

would spower make a charge pipe too?? i've been looking at the ftp one but i think 230.00 its a little bit too much for that.
I already pitched the idea to Tony and he informed me that if there's a market for it then they would consider making their own.
Old 06-12-17, 06:18 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I already pitched the idea to Tony and he informed me that if there's a market for it then they would consider making their own.
That would be great lets see what happens
Old 06-12-17, 06:22 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

That would be great lets see what happens
Yup, again we are just scratching the surface on these motors and there would be more to come.
Old 06-12-17, 01:04 PM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

This car has direct and port injection, I think I read that, lets throw some bigger injectors and a larger fuel pump in this baby. I mean they make high flow pumps that are the exact size and shape of stock fuel pumps. At least they did in the nissan/infinti platforms. I don't know the new engineering on this engine but fueling always seemed like the easiest hurdle to jump in my experience. It was just a simple bolt on like anything else. That is if we are currently fuel limited. Mixing e85 with 91 to get a certain mixture is risky every tank will be different, the only way I would considering mixing was if we could have a true flex fuel system and that is rather extensive most times. Otherwise I would rather 1 map for E85 and one for 93. I am excited to see what happens with the turbo modification and stage 3. Hopefully stage 3 can yield some great results and then a fuel solution for e85 :-D. We definitely should all be thankful for all the time and effort everyone has put into the 200t platform. I hope we can get to the point where you can do the bolt ons you like and or prefer to the car and then have a local tuner custom tune and dial in the car. If you have a fuel system or what ever is the limiting factor and want to risk the extra boost you can do so on your own accord.

Last edited by zcon; 06-12-17 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-12-17, 01:23 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zcon
This car has direct and port injection, I think I read that, lets throw some bigger injectors and a larger fuel pump in this baby. I mean they make high flow pumps that are the exact size and shape of stock fuel pumps. At least they did in the nissan/infinti platforms. I don't know the new engineering on this engine but fueling always seemed like the easiest hurdle to jump in my experience. It was just a simple bolt on like anything else. That is if we are currently fuel limited. Mixing e85 with 91 to get a certain mixture is risky every tank will be different, the only way I would considering mixing was if we could have a true flex fuel system and that is rather extensive most times. Otherwise I would rather 1 map for E85 and one for 93. I am excited to see what happens with the turbo modification and stage 3. Hopefully stage 3 can yield some great results and then a fuel solution for e85 :-D. We definitely should all be thankful for all the time and effort everyone has put into the 200t platform.
true, but remember that the current stage 2 tune is a mild tune so before upgrading the turbo we might get a more agressive tune with bolt ons (intake,downpipe and exhaust).
Tony from TTI is still working on more stuff for our platform.
Lets see what happens
Old 06-12-17, 04:11 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

This car has direct and port injection, I think I read that, lets throw some bigger injectors and a larger fuel pump in this baby. I mean they make high flow pumps that are the exact size and shape of stock fuel pumps. At least they did in the nissan/infinti platforms. I don't know the new engineering on this engine but fueling always seemed like the easiest hurdle to jump in my experience. It was just a simple bolt on like anything else. That is if we are currently fuel limited. Mixing e85 with 91 to get a certain mixture is risky every tank will be different, the only way I would considering mixing was if we could have a true flex fuel system and that is rather extensive most times. Otherwise I would rather 1 map for E85 and one for 93. I am excited to see what happens with the turbo modification and stage 3. Hopefully stage 3 can yield some great results and then a fuel solution for e85 :-D. We definitely should all be thankful for all the time and effort everyone has put into the 200t platform. I hope we can get to the point where you can do the bolt ons you like and or prefer to the car and then have a local tuner custom tune and dial in the car. If you have a fuel system or what ever is the limiting factor and want to risk the extra boost you can do so on your own accord.
true, but remember that the current stage 2 tune is a mild tune so before upgrading the turbo we might get a more agressive tune with bolt ons (intake,downpipe and exhaust).
Tony from TTI is still working on more stuff for our platform.
Lets see what happens
I agree with you ,but I don't think the fuel system is an issue right now . Like Daniel said the Stage 2 still has more potential and we haven't gotten the most out of the stock turbocharger just yet. I think with a couple more bolt ons and increasing the boost a bit we can try to maximize the power of the stock turbo and eventually when its time we can tinker with the fuel system for the BT kit.
Old 06-12-17, 05:34 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

E85 in most states isn't even E85. In Arizona its E54 but called E85. I ran two tanks of E54 for testing purposes and everything ran smooth! After discussing with Tony he thinks it should be safe however anymore than E50 without testing injector capabilities would be a risk. Try running an E30 mix with stage two, very might possibly see some more gains. I'm going to test out a boost controller today I just don't wanna run 30spi on accident
Old 06-12-17, 05:39 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

E85 in most states isn't even E85. In Arizona its E54 but called E85. I ran two tanks of E54 for testing purposes and everything ran smooth! After discussing with Tony he thinks it should be safe however anymore than E50 without testing injector capabilities would be a risk. Try running an E30 mix with stage two, very might possibly see some more gains. I'm going to test out a boost controller today I just don't wanna run 30spi on accident
let us know how that goes
Old 06-12-17, 05:39 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
Could be a fluk since my ROM was not properly configured at that stage we didnt know my ROM is different, in any case I will be running a new dyno very soon
I think they ran a high boost test map for the 220whp 295 wtq. Nukes leak just proves they're hiding something

Quick Reply: IS200t tune