Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-17, 12:57 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Also its 115 degrees here in Az, so that doesn't help much with the stock downpipe heat soak.
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (06-21-17)
Old 06-21-17, 05:39 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

My stage 1 experience is 90-95% of how it should be because of my own doing. The stage 1 tune is how the car should have come from the factory; it drives so much smoother and less clumsy than the stock ECU. Doesn't have as much pull as the, now dead, OV development tune; however, I don't care because the overall experience is much better.

When I say 90-95% it's because my ARK exhaust is too free-flowing and doesn't have enough back pressure. As a result, my power-band is less linear than it should be and instead, it drives more like an Evo: from 1000-3000 the car is fairly docile and then 3000-6000, the car pulls like a maniac. I'll probably switch out my exhaust and return to OEM mid-pipe and maybe a JoeZ axle-back.

Had a good chat with Tony about what he has planned so I'm sitting on my hands in anticipation.
The following 3 users liked this post by MasonGrey:
Pacific13 (06-22-17), Sheddy (06-21-17), TTITony (06-23-17)
Old 06-21-17, 07:45 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
I won't say much but it sounds better, feels better, yet because i don't have the down pipe I won't elaborate much more... PPE is still waiting for the custom v-flange in order, they're not sure how much longer but possibly another 2 weeks out.
Also its 115 degrees here in Az, so that doesn't help much with the stock downpipe heat soak.
With the down pipe you will feel the full effect of the tune as i did and also as you can see from my dyno results. The re-flash should definitely feel a lot more responsive than the VRTuned piggyback as well. Keep us updated on the progress and stay safe with that heat wave

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
My stage 1 experience is 90-95% of how it should be because of my own doing. The stage 1 tune is how the car should have come from the factory; it drives so much smoother and less clumsy than the stock ECU. Doesn't have as much pull as the, now dead, OV development tune; however, I don't care because the overall experience is much better.

When I say 90-95% it's because my ARK exhaust is too free-flowing and doesn't have enough back pressure. As a result, my power-band is less linear than it should be and instead, it drives more like an Evo: from 1000-3000 the car is fairly docile and then 3000-6000, the car pulls like a maniac. I'll probably switch out my exhaust and return to OEM mid-pipe and maybe a JoeZ axle-back.

Had a good chat with Tony about what he has planned so I'm sitting on my hands in anticipation.
Thanks for the elaborated description! This tune is very conservative, so it may not feel as powerful as the (now scrapped) OV tune, but it is also a lot safer on the motor and not to mention fuel efficiency is not affected greatly. The stock mid-pipe and Joe Z axle back should do the trick since a lot of people fail to realize that back pressure can be a good thing on these small turbo setups. Eventually when you decide to go with the Stage 2 tune and down pipe it will fix that low RPM drag that you are experiencing as well as give you more power up top.

TTI has a lot in store for us in the upcoming months. Tony has mentioned to me about a charge pipe upgrade, TTI air intake as well as TTI's own axle back system in the works.
Old 06-22-17, 12:27 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sheddy
With the down pipe you will feel the full effect of the tune as i did and also as you can see from my dyno results. The re-flash should definitely feel a lot more responsive than the VRTuned piggyback as well. Keep us updated on the progress and stay safe with that heat wave
We've been doing some preliminary testing with ethanol. Currently running E51/91oct 50/50 mix which should be around E30. With the extra timing Tony added its been driving great, seems to handle it well
Old 06-22-17, 12:35 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

We've been doing some preliminary testing with ethanol. Currently running E51/91oct 50/50 mix which should be around E30. With the extra timing Tony added its been driving great, seems to handle it well
thats great...maybe soon we can integrate a meth system with the car and the tune that would be great specially in hot places like dubai we are at 50c+ now adays
Old 06-22-17, 01:01 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Guys i know this is off topic but it is hilarious...I just go this

https://ibb.co/cGeAHk
Old 06-22-17, 05:05 AM
NotLucas
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nuke
Wow! Lucky! Looks like you got some extra spending money for some mods now!

Anyways, guys I installed the VRTune on IS200t and got a CEL the first day. I wasn't concerned so I removed the tune and the following morning unplugged the batter negative for a few minutes and reinstalled the tune. 2 days passed and on my way to a car meet I get the CEL again which removed turbo power. Again, I disconnected the tune and let the car sit a bit and the CEL was gone. It's now the next morning and I'm about to disconnect the battery for a second time and connect the tune. Is there something else I should do or how the hell can I clear that CEL! It messes with your head!
Old 06-22-17, 05:53 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I won't say much but it sounds better, feels better, yet because i don't have the down pipe I won't elaborate much more... PPE is still waiting for the custom v-flange in order, they're not sure how much longer but possibly another 2 weeks out.
Originally Posted by Nuke

https://ibb.co/cGeAHk
Damn bro, i hope shes hot too..lol

Originally Posted by NotLucas

Anyways, guys I installed the VRTune on IS200t and got a CEL the first day. I wasn't concerned so I removed the tune and the following morning unplugged the batter negative for a few minutes and reinstalled the tune. 2 days passed and on my way to a car meet I get the CEL again which removed turbo power. Again, I disconnected the tune and let the car sit a bit and the CEL was gone. It's now the next morning and I'm about to disconnect the battery for a second time and connect the tune. Is there something else I should do or how the hell can I clear that CEL! It messes with your head!
What setting are you running? It is recommended to run at 6, but i know a couple people on here have been running on 9 with no issues.
Old 06-22-17, 10:51 AM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

What are you guys seeing for MPG on TTI Stage 1? My car averages 30MPG w/stock wheels and tires. 28 with the SSRs and PSSs.
Old 06-22-17, 10:57 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

It might be due to the fuel quality. With setting 9 you should be using 93+ oct
Old 06-22-17, 11:25 AM
NotLucas
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sheddy
What setting are you running? It is recommended to run at 6, but i know a couple people on here have been running on 9 with no issues.
It might be due to the fuel quality. With setting 9 you should be using 93+ oct
I'm running setting 9 and I have only top fuel, but it's probably 91 not 93. What do settings 6-8 do?
Old 06-22-17, 11:28 AM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cbus
What are you guys seeing for MPG on TTI Stage 1? My car averages 30MPG w/stock wheels and tires. 28 with the SSRs and PSSs.
I drive very aggressively: before the tune, I was averaging 18 MPG. Post-tune, I get 19 and my MPG is continuing to rise (at 19.1 currently) because now I can regulate throttle better; before, any throttle input would drop my instant-MPG under 20 whereas now, the response is improved so I have more options than <20 and >40 MPG.
Old 06-22-17, 11:39 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cbus

Normal highway run with the Stage 2 and down pipe. Obviously if you drive hard the MPG will not be as great, but its still worth it.

I'm running setting 9 and I have only top fuel, but it's probably 91 not 93. What do settings 6-8 do?
I assumed since you're in FL you are using 93 oct. I will lower it to 6 and then gradually move up to see if it does it again.
Old 06-23-17, 12:26 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

76' dodge dart swinger 360 cu in (5.9 L) straight pipe V8 VS is200t TTI stage two, intake, but without downpipe.
Old 06-23-17, 03:51 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

woah...awesome!!

Quick Reply: IS200t tune