Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-17, 07:25 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

For thos interested to know, after a week driving with Tom's powerbox installed, the car pulls harder and feels more powerful, though nothing compared to TTI's tune. A pleasant surprise was FC actually improved to 28.6mpg for me, previously could only hit 23-25.

Considering that i can remove the powerbox during servicing so as not to void the warranty, i am happy with this convenience. Everthing else is still stock, nothing was done to intake and exhaust.
Old 06-28-17, 07:48 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TTITony
We are using on the VW MK7 GTI and AUDI S3 EA888 Gen3 turbo engine intake system , now we put it on 8ARFTS engine.

The intake noise will be more quiet .

P.S. Not release yet

clean setup, though I would recommend for production to use black Pipe not polished
The following users liked this post:
TTITony (06-28-17)
Old 06-28-17, 07:54 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by zhifan1
For thos interested to know, after a week driving with Tom's powerbox installed, the car pulls harder and feels more powerful, though nothing compared to TTI's tune. A pleasant surprise was FC actually improved to 28.6mpg for me, previously could only hit 23-25.

Considering that i can remove the powerbox during servicing so as not to void the warranty, i am happy with this convenience. Everthing else is still stock, nothing was done to intake and exhaust.
Glad this is working well for you!

You'll be surprised to know that reverting to stock tune only takes a couple minutes with the tools and a laptop.
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (06-28-17)
Old 06-28-17, 08:04 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Glad this is working well for you!

You'll be surprised to know that reverting to stock tune only takes a couple minutes with the tools and a laptop.
If that tune goes cheaper, maybe $500 or so, I might consider in the future. Can you sell it after?

Thinking about Toms =D
Old 06-28-17, 08:07 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

People are under the impression that being tuned or having aftermarket performance parts would affect their MPG, so I wanted to share this information. Of course if you were to drive more aggressively then it would be a different outcome, but that can also happen with an unmodified motor as well.

I appreciate your constructive criticism.
Yeah I get you. Its positive reinforcement that tuning wont affect it much (off throttle that is). Basically our cars have their own tunes if you think about it. Especially with power modes. You'll notice the car is much more reluctant to add boost in ECO, and drives more like an N/A engine. While sport mode being the opposite, adding boost with light throttle. But with all modes, full throttle is full throttle and always uses full boost!
Old 06-28-17, 08:25 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
clean setup, though I would recommend for production to use black Pipe not polished
That's prototype for my car....lol
Old 06-28-17, 08:27 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E46CT
Yeah I get you. Its positive reinforcement that tuning wont affect it much (off throttle that is). Basically our cars have their own tunes if you think about it. Especially with power modes. You'll notice the car is much more reluctant to add boost in ECO, and drives more like an N/A engine. While sport mode being the opposite, adding boost with light throttle. But with all modes, full throttle is full throttle and always uses full boost!
My thoughts exactly!

If that tune goes cheaper, maybe $500 or so, I might consider in the future. Can you sell it after?

Thinking about Toms =D
You can actually sell the tools to another user, but the tuned file itself is made specifically for your ECU. TOM's would be your best bet for a piggyback ,but you were not satisfied with the BMS tune so this will give you the same outcome, maybe less. lol
Old 06-28-17, 09:20 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

My thoughts exactly!

You can actually sell the tools to another user, but the tuned file itself is made specifically for your ECU. TOM's would be your best bet for a piggyback ,but you were not satisfied with the BMS tune so this will give you the same outcome, maybe less. lol
Yeah I'm perfectly aware of what the outcome will be. I just prefer a more polished, refined, finished product. The car in general, even with TTI etc isn't that great power wise. a stock 328i will give it problems. i'm not expecting miracles, just a little something to play with!
Old 06-28-17, 09:54 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Yeah I'm perfectly aware of what the outcome will be. I just prefer a more polished, refined, finished product. The car in general, even with TTI etc isn't that great power wise. a stock 328i will give it problems. i'm not expecting miracles, just a little something to play with!
Understood! I know we are not on par with the N20 just yet, but its still an ongoing process. BTW you got to stop lurking through the N54Tech forums and get yourself a BMW lol.
Old 06-28-17, 10:05 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Understood! I know we are not on par with the N20 just yet, but its still an ongoing process. BTW you got to stop lurking through the N54Tech forums and get yourself a BMW lol.
haha i've owned 7 BMWs over the past 11 years. just trying to mix things up a bit. I've always been a fan of Toyota/Lexus too.
Old 06-28-17, 10:20 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

haha i've owned 7 BMWs over the past 11 years. just trying to mix things up a bit. I've always been a fan of Toyota/Lexus too.
Yea, BMW's are great performers (I really want the M2) , but their lack of dependability just puts Lexus on top for me.
Old 06-28-17, 10:22 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by TTITony
That's prototype for my car....lol
mine black please 🤣😂
Old 06-28-17, 01:29 PM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

can you buy just the tools and take it to a local tuner to custom tune on a dyno?
Old 06-28-17, 01:48 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zcon
can you buy just the tools and take it to a local tuner to custom tune on a dyno?
Nope. You'll need the master program license to gain full access. The tools just allow users to access a secondary program which allows the reading and writing of the ECU.
Old 06-29-17, 01:16 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Accompanied a friend to test drive the new Audi Q5 and i was surprised by just how much more powerful that stock 2L turbo 4 pot was. Power is 252 bhp and 273 ft lb and it goes 0-60 time in 6.3s, All these on stock 19" wheels and on a much larger-sized vehicle which weighs 3791lbs . Really hope that in time to come, the 8AR-FTS can be tuned to achieve such efficiency.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune