Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-17, 09:17 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

lol
Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Yeah the bms increases torque alot looks like that's due to the increased boost numbers but the hp doesn't top out any higher than stock. This other tune looks to be a different story incorporating more engine tuning in addition to increased boost. They claim 439 nm on a stock car, check out the website http://www.essingperformancecenter.c...ge-2-elite-car

I still like the reflash much more but we need someone to try this piggyback
Yea that product kind of reminds me of the crappy RaceChip system. The other reason why I really liked the BMS piggyback is that they actually created it specifically for the 200t and they also used a faster processor so there's no delay with the signals. I am glad they are finally going into production and for those who are looking for a piggyback tune I would highly recommend Burger Tuning system. I am in touch with Terry Burger so I will let you know when it's available.
Old 07-10-17, 10:44 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
lol

Yea that product kind of reminds me of the crappy RaceChip system. The other reason why I really liked the BMS piggyback is that they actually created it specifically for the 200t and they also used a faster processor so there's no delay with the signals. I am glad they are finally going into production and for those who are looking for a piggyback tune I would highly recommend Burger Tuning system. I am in touch with Terry Burger so I will let you know when it's available.
Okay, well it might not be crappy, i just thought you would be a little more open minded on this. Either way if i was going with a piggy back id choose the jb4 so its okay lol
Old 07-11-17, 12:00 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Very interesting.....https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...nd-modify.html

Overhaul first.......
The following 3 users liked this post by TTITony:
daniellina (07-11-17), IS200TFOWL (07-11-17), Sheddy (07-11-17)
Old 07-11-17, 12:14 AM
Mariovar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is200t vs is350

Hello all, I've been reading and keeping up with updates on the daily, great job!! I've seen you guys compare the 350 acceleration vs the 200T, I actually got the chance to race one and came out victorious��..no lie his reaction was faster off the light but once the turbo boosted at 3k I was able gain the lead by at least half my car. The race went up to 3rd gear then he let off.. Can't wait for stage 2 .. saving my pennies lol .. (16 model, injen intake , invidia mid pipe)
Old 07-11-17, 06:28 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Okay, well it might not be crappy, i just thought you would be a little more open minded on this. Either way if i was going with a piggy back id choose the jb4 so its okay lol
Lol, sorry dude! I've had a bad taste from these "generic" branded units. Thank you for sharing though. Also, i saw this under the BMS piggyback unit for the infiniti q50 "can be used by itself or in conjunction with a flash tuning map for adding extra boost where desired" makes me wonder if we can do the same on the 200t.

Originally Posted by Mariovar
Hello all, I've been reading and keeping up with updates on the daily, great job!! I've seen you guys compare the 350 acceleration vs the 200T, I actually got the chance to race one and came out victorious��..no lie his reaction was faster off the light but once the turbo boosted at 3k I was able gain the lead by at least half my car. The race went up to 3rd gear then he let off.. Can't wait for stage 2 .. saving my pennies lol .. (16 model, injen intake , invidia mid pipe)
Nice! Yes the turbo lag on these cars suck even though its a twin scroll design, but once the boost comes in, then its a different story! You will definitly love the extra power from the Stage 2
Old 07-11-17, 07:27 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Lol, sorry dude! I've had a bad taste from these "generic" branded units. Thank you for sharing though. Also, i saw this under the BMS piggyback unit for the infiniti q50 "can be used by itself or in conjunction with a flash tuning map for adding extra boost where desired" makes me wonder if we can do the same on the 200t.

Nice! Yes the turbo lag on these cars suck even though its a twin scroll design, but once the boost comes in, then its a different story! You will definitly love the extra power from the Stage 2
I like the "adding extra boost where desired" part.
Old 07-11-17, 07:34 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by daniellina
I like the "adding extra boost where desired" part.
Same here, but i highly doubt these motors can do that, unless we are running E85. lol
The following users liked this post:
daniellina (07-11-17)
Old 07-11-17, 11:51 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Same here, but i highly doubt these motors can do that, unless we are running E85. lol
Well Ive been testing my car on e51, 4 full tanks and have had no issues. I'm sure we can run an ethanol mix without have to upgrade injectors. Haven't had the opportunity to test full e85 yet due to it not being available in AZ. If tony is having slight knocking issues at high boost then that just means we need to upgrade to higher octane, e51, 93, 95 etc..
Old 07-11-17, 12:00 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Well Ive been testing my car on e51, 4 full tanks and have had no issues. I'm sure we can run an ethanol mix without have to upgrade injectors. Haven't had the opportunity to test full e85 yet due to it not being available in AZ. If tony is having slight knocking issues at high boost then that just means we need to upgrade to higher octane, e51, 93, 95 etc..
So you are almost doing half and half. are you running stage 2 from TTI? and if so how much of a difference do you feel?
Old 07-11-17, 04:35 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Yeah i have the stage two re flash but don't have the down pipe yet... PPE engineering is taking they're time. Which is mainly why i haven't commented on the tune much. When it comes down to it simply because ethanol burns/ignites much quicker than premium 93, we just need to know if our injectors can handle spraying almost twice as much fuel. Tony introduced safe, slight knock, knowing i would be testing ethanol mixtures. I haven't had any problems with ethanol up to e51, all seems to run smooth without noticeable knock so that's good news If we optimize ignition timing with E51 then we could hit higher boost numbers without knocking which is exactly what we need
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (07-12-17)
Old 07-11-17, 04:38 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Yeah i have the stage two re flash but don't have the down pipe yet... PPE engineering is taking they're time. Which is mainly why i haven't commented on the tune much. When it comes down to it simply because ethanol burns/ignites much quicker than premium 93, we just need to know if our injectors can handle spraying almost twice as much fuel. Tony introduced safe, slight knock, knowing i would be testing ethanol mixtures. I haven't had any problems with ethanol up to e51, all seems to run smooth without noticeable knock so that's good news If we optimize ignition timing with E51 then we could hit higher boost numbers without knocking which is exactly what we need
I'm going to mix 2 gallons of e85 and 12 gallons of 93 to see the difference. i have full exhaust and the downpipe.
Old 07-11-17, 04:41 PM
PGARazor
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

So planning on going for dyno next week, but have a question on elavation. Are stock cars tests with dyno done at sea level? I should have done a dyno before downpipe and Stage 2, to compare at 5700 feet above sea level. I have a service vist coming up and return to stock. I'm curious what the difference in HP will be or if any in high elavations.
Old 07-12-17, 04:36 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PGARazor
So planning on going for dyno next week, but have a question on elavation. Are stock cars tests with dyno done at sea level? I should have done a dyno before downpipe and Stage 2, to compare at 5700 feet above sea level. I have a service vist coming up and return to stock. I'm curious what the difference in HP will be or if any in high elavations.
I am hoping that someone with knowledge of dyno testing and elevation factors comments on here. I know on the dynojet it allows you to get the results "corrected and uncorrected" for weather/elevation factors. As for my results they were done in FL , so that's below sea level. It would have been nice to get a comparison between stock and stage 2 as well, but I am definitely looking forward to your results!
Old 07-12-17, 07:36 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

my results they were done in FL , so that's below sea level.
huh?
Old 07-12-17, 08:03 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gbgary

huh?
lol, ok Sea level, but soon.

Last edited by Sheddy; 07-12-17 at 08:10 AM.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune