Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-17, 06:35 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by busy0201
Is it possible for someone on stage 2 to post a good video of a pool from 0 to 60 mph. For the moment, the videos posted here shows nothing about performance on road.

I would like to see how the car in stage 2 drive compared to a 430I or RC350. The RC350 is not offered here, so that is the only way I have to check that.

Thx
Hopefully someone on here has a Go-pro and can take a video of their 0-60 on the Stage 2 setup. I still don't think the video would do it justice, but i did do dyno testing to prove results.

Originally Posted by zcon
RR racing has a is350 making 285whp and 248wtq with headers, full exhaust, and tune. The stock is350 on that same dyno is making 239whp and 221wtq, compare that to the 200t results seen in this thread (239.82 WHP/ 273.97 WTQ stg2) the 200t has come pretty close in terms of raw power. With the extra TQ the turbo makes it would feel stronger even if it was slower. In the upcoming weeks to months we should see some turbo modifications that really let the 200t fly past the 350 in terms of raw performance.
I totally agree. Those results were done with a catted down-pipe, HPS intake tube and Stage 2 tune on 93 oct fuel. I still believe that there is a little more room for power improvement on the stock turbo, but more R&D needs to be done to ensure reliability as well.
Old 07-24-17, 06:56 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Hopefully someone on here has a Go-pro and can take a video of their 0-60 on the Stage 2 setup. I still don't think the video would do it justice, but i did do dyno testing to prove results.

I totally agree. Those results were done with a catted down-pipe, HPS intake tube and Stage 2 tune on 93 oct fuel. I still believe that there is a little more room for power improvement on the stock turbo, but more R&D needs to be done to ensure reliability as well.
I did 245 whp but i have a decated downpipe so there is the small difference. the car is quicker for sure but from roll racing from the dig its not that quick. i raced an rc350 and i got him but it was really a short race. I raced a wrx and i got him too. i mean i thinK that climate conditions are an important factor .i live in miami the humidity and heat right now its crazy but i bet in november or so its gonna pull harder. Im gonna do a dyno test by then.

The most difference its gonna be noticeable on the highway for sure and the car around town its way more fun than before you just gotta play with the gears that after the tune they are faster too.

i would say it does need a little more of power i would be happy with 260-280 whp. i mean at this point with downpipe full exhaust and an intake i would expect a little higher hp numbers.
Old 07-24-17, 07:46 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by daniellina
I did 245 whp but i have a decated downpipe so there is the small difference. the car is quicker for sure but from roll racing from the dig its not that quick. i raced an rc350 and i got him but it was really a short race. I raced a wrx and i got him too. i mean i thinK that climate conditions are an important factor .i live in miami the humidity and heat right now its crazy but i bet in november or so its gonna pull harder. Im gonna do a dyno test by then.

The most difference its gonna be noticeable on the highway for sure and the car around town its way more fun than before you just gotta play with the gears that after the tune they are faster too.

i would say it does need a little more of power i would be happy with 260-280 whp. i mean at this point with downpipe full exhaust and an intake i would expect a little higher hp numbers.
Yup, i have way more fun with the car now. I would love to see the dyno results with the E30 fuel tune. Due to the lack of displacement, turbo lag is inevitable, so only run on a roll lol.

Last edited by Sheddy; 07-24-17 at 07:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
daniellina (07-24-17)
Old 07-24-17, 08:43 AM
busy0201
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with all of you but that is just calculation. I need a video lol

In addition, HP at cranck, at the wheels means not a lot for me...

I need number in HP like Lexus provides it
Old 07-24-17, 08:49 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Thats a simple calculation right there most of the times a rwd car will put 15% less than the actual hp to the wheels 245*100/85

So we are talking about 288 hp but. the hp that counts its how much power you can actually put down to the ground
Old 07-24-17, 08:59 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Lol, WHP says a lot! Like Daniel said if you want crank numbers which is what most manufacturers state, take the WHP and add 15%.

239WHP= 274HP
273WTQ= 313TQ
Old 07-24-17, 09:05 AM
busy0201
Driver School Candidate

ok thanks for the info, is there another calculation to do to adjust because I run RON98
Old 07-24-17, 09:11 AM
scubastevo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zcon
RR racing has a is350 making 285whp and 248wtq with headers, full exhaust, and tune. The stock is350 on that same dyno is making 239whp and 221wtq, compare that to the 200t results seen in this thread (239.82 WHP/ 273.97 WTQ stg2) the 200t has come pretty close in terms of raw power. With the extra TQ the turbo makes it would feel stronger even if it was slower. In the upcoming weeks to months we should see some turbo modifications that really let the 200t fly past the 350 in terms of raw performance.
Are you sure you're reading the posts correctly (maybe it's me)? It looks like the IS200T went from 180whp to 224whp on the stage 2 according to Sheddy's first post where he references WHP. The 224whp is quite a bit below the RR Racing results for the IS300 with tune/header/exhaust of 285whp (60whp). Of course, I'd love to compare a downpipe/full exhaust system tuned on the IS200T against the V6 engine which seems to be limited to that 240-285whp range w/o forced induction. If the turbo engine can be safely bumped to around 250whp, then many of us would be happy with the engine. Otherwise, I'd rather go with the tried and true reliability of their workhorse V6 motor.
Old 07-24-17, 09:28 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by scubastevo
Are you sure you're reading the posts correctly (maybe it's me)? It looks like the IS200T went from 180whp to 224whp on the stage 2 according to Sheddy's first post where he references WHP. The 224whp is quite a bit below the RR Racing results for the IS300 with tune/header/exhaust of 285whp (60whp). Of course, I'd love to compare a downpipe/full exhaust system tuned on the IS200T against the V6 engine which seems to be limited to that 240-285whp range w/o forced induction. If the turbo engine can be safely bumped to around 250whp, then many of us would be happy with the engine. Otherwise, I'd rather go with the tried and true reliability of their workhorse V6 motor.
Those numbers were from TTI's testing.

These are my actual results done on a dynojet.

Last edited by Sheddy; 07-24-17 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-24-17, 09:33 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by scubastevo
i eat 350s for breakfast and thats been tested oh am not even boosting yet trust me the tune unlockes allot of things like Throttle and Vavle timings, and butt load of other things...all that makes the numbers truly irrelevant to some extent, but rather how the car response with u go WOT is what matter and when and where the power hits, and if u have doubts go and meet Sheddy for a friendly race with a 350 and lets see how it goes

oh and this is coming from a guy who is an X owner of a 350 3IS and now a proud owner of a 200t

Nuke
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (07-24-17)
Old 07-24-17, 09:33 AM
busy0201
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sheddy
These are my actual results done on a dynojet.
Is there a calculation to adapt that result to RON98 ?
Old 07-24-17, 09:41 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
i eat 350s for breakfast and thats been tested oh am not even boosting yet trust me the tune unlockes allot of things like Throttle and Vavle timings, and butt load of other things...all that makes the numbers truly irrelevant to some extent, but rather how the car response with u go WOT is what matter and when and where the power hits, and if u have doubts go and meet Sheddy for a friendly race with a 350 and lets see how it goes

oh and this is coming from a guy who is an X owner of a 350 3IS and now a proud owner of a 200t

Nuke
if you happen to come across one on a track, post a vid.
Old 07-24-17, 09:56 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Is there a calculation to adapt that result to RON98 ?
98RON is equivalent to 93 oct which was used in that test.

Originally Posted by E46CT
if you happen to come across one on a track, post a vid.
LOL, Sorry guys. but i would leave the racing for the more experienced driver. I simply mod this car for my enjoyment.
Old 07-24-17, 09:57 AM
scubastevo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nuke

Nuke
Thanks for your comments. I'm hoping to pickup a used IS next year, and am closing watching the tuning/reliability of the 200T play out. I was originally set on a 350 F sport RWD model, but now I'm contemplating other options especially if the 200T's show great results.
Old 07-24-17, 10:38 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Hello every one

There are allot of things TTi is working that honestly I cannot get into the details of at the moment, but I can guarantee you that soon 200T will be playing with the big boys

We are working on many modifications from turbo to engine to exhaust and more, and when we are done 200t will be in a different category, we only ask you to support us and give us a little more time....its going to be worth the wait for all 200t owners.

We are ready to answer any question regarding the technicalities of our tune/modifications and we are ready to support and accept new ideas, ultimately what we do will benefit everyone even none 200t owners, since all new Lexus cars share similarities in their ECU ROM who knows whats next.
The following 2 users liked this post by TTITony:
imyang (07-25-17), Sheddy (07-24-17)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune