Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-17, 07:32 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacific13
TTI Stage1+TCM on the way. Try to manage Dyno to have a visual comparison ;-)
Keep you posted,
Sweet! Would love to see the results.
Old 08-22-17, 03:08 PM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Just a slightly off-topic observation for everyone: I don't think the OEM ECU really enjoyed having the HPS intake tube and a K&N filter. Maybe too much turbulence around the MAF sensor or something, but my car seems way happier (smoother partial throttle, more coherent gear shifts) with the stock air filter back in it. Still have the HPS in there. Just my observations.
Old 08-22-17, 08:12 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cbus
Just a slightly off-topic observation for everyone: I don't think the OEM ECU really enjoyed having the HPS intake tube and a K&N filter. Maybe too much turbulence around the MAF sensor or something, but my car seems way happier (smoother partial throttle, more coherent gear shifts) with the stock air filter back in it. Still have the HPS in there. Just my observations.
That's strange, I took the secondary intake filter mesh from the intake cover and used a K&N drop in with no issues. I am sure once you get tuned it would be a different result.
Old 08-22-17, 09:07 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacific13
TTI Stage1+TCM on the way. Try to manage Dyno to have a visual comparison ;-)
Keep you posted,
Sweet..thats the way to go
Old 08-23-17, 03:11 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

It is turbo muffler delete prototype.

It's plastic
The following 2 users liked this post by TTITony:
Nuke (08-23-17), Sheddy (08-23-17)
Old 08-23-17, 04:51 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Hello guys

Our NX200T ready to upgrade stage 2 , thst's new challenge of 8ARFTS FWD.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9962169
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (08-23-17)
Old 08-23-17, 05:45 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TTITony

More turbo sound and better air flow!
Old 08-23-17, 09:23 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Vacuum regulator replaced. My car feels great again!

Easy access installation.
Old 08-23-17, 10:04 AM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Vacuum regulator replaced. My car feels great again!

Easy access installation.
Was that the second one you replaced? I had mine replaced at 12k miles and now at 14k miles im starting to feel minor boost fluctuations again. Just like the first time, it started off not too bad and is progressively getting worse.
Old 08-23-17, 10:26 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Miintt
Was that the second one you replaced? I had mine replaced at 12k miles and now at 14k miles im starting to feel minor boost fluctuations again. Just like the first time, it started off not too bad and is progressively getting worse.
Yes it is. This is a faulty part from the factory and it affects the performance of the car greatly. I am hoping that Toyota does something about this issue and makes a revision to the part. Are you running the stock setup?
Old 08-23-17, 11:06 AM
jneg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTITony

It's plastic
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, this part will just let the noise of the turbo be heard more or will we see any performance gain? I really don't know jack about this stuff.
Old 08-23-17, 11:40 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jneg
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, this part will just let the noise of the turbo be heard more or will we see any performance gain? I really don't know jack about this stuff.
Its no problem! This part is a replacement for the OEM "Turbo muffler" which is made of plastic. The following is a brief description of what a Turbo muffler does from APR's website.

All too often OEM components must sacrifice various performance minded characteristics in an effort to appeal to a wide variety of customers. While an enthusiast typically wants better boost response and more power, all while hearing the turbocharger breathe, a non-enthusiast may give up these characteristics for a quieter ride. In the case of the factory turbocharger, a turbo muffler is positioned at the compressor outlet and is designed to reduce engine bay acoustics. Turbo Muffler Delete replaces the factory muffler with a straight, uninterrupted piece, CNC-machined from billet aluminum. The new piece forms a full, uninterrupted path for airflow.

I wouldn't expect a lot of power gain from this product, but it will help the motor breathe better.
Old 08-23-17, 12:10 PM
jneg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its no problem! This part is a replacement for the OEM "Turbo muffler" which is made of plastic. The following is a brief description of what a Turbo muffler does from APR's website.

All too often OEM components must sacrifice various performance minded characteristics in an effort to appeal to a wide variety of customers. While an enthusiast typically wants better boost response and more power, all while hearing the turbocharger breathe, a non-enthusiast may give up these characteristics for a quieter ride. In the case of the factory turbocharger, a turbo muffler is positioned at the compressor outlet and is designed to reduce engine bay acoustics. Turbo Muffler Delete replaces the factory muffler with a straight, uninterrupted piece, CNC-machined from billet aluminum. The new piece forms a full, uninterrupted path for airflow.

I wouldn't expect a lot of power gain from this product, but it will help the motor breathe better.

Thanks, I would love to hear more of the Turbo noise. Also if anyone of you guys get this installed a sound clip would be great. Sorry for taking this thread of topic.
Old 08-23-17, 12:18 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes it is. This is a faulty part from the factory and it affects the performance of the car greatly. I am hoping that Toyota does something about this issue and makes a revision to the part. Are you running the stock setup?
Ya hopefully they upgrade the defective part and make it more durable because pretty soon people are going to be qualifying for lemon law if they dont. As far as my car goes the engine is stock and I just have an axle back. The techinician at my dealer even hinted that they would have blamed the defective part on the exhaust if it was a full catback.
Old 08-23-17, 12:42 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Miintt
Ya hopefully they upgrade the defective part and make it more durable because pretty soon people are going to be qualifying for lemon law if they dont. As far as my car goes the engine is stock and I just have an axle back. The techinician at my dealer even hinted that they would have blamed the defective part on the exhaust if it was a full catback.
Yea we will have to see what happens. Its the reason why i change it myself because i don't want to remove my down pipe and charge pipe knowing that they would probably blame those parts for the issue.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune