Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Doggone 3.5 inch filter.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-03, 04:20 PM
LexFather

Angry Doggone 3.5 inch filter.

I got the SRT Intake with ECU. My air filter sucks. It's real dirty and messed up. So I went to NOPI to get a replacement but the biggest they car is a 3" filter. I've looked at AUtodynamic and it's the same thing. I saw a K&N but it was a 4 ".

So I guess I gotta call SRT to get a replacement filter.
Old 04-25-03, 07:36 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,456 Likes on 1,610 Posts

Looks like K&N offers zillions of 'em:

http://www.knfilters.com/universal/univrndtap.htm

Here's another (HUGE list) of K&N filters for sale:

http://www.performanceproducts.com/v...r=&vehicleid=0

Last edited by bitkahuna; 04-25-03 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-26-03, 07:28 AM
LexFather

Looks like K&N offers zillions of 'em
Thanks, now I got to figure out which one. I'll call them so I don't order the wrong one. Hope it gets here by the meet.
Old 04-26-03, 07:36 AM
GreddyEddy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know how it fits and what model # you get in case anyone else has to have their filter replaced in the future or if anyone has had one replaced already may be they can pass on the info to you.
Old 04-26-03, 08:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Thanks, now I got to figure out which one. I'll call them so I don't order the wrong one. Hope it gets here by the meet.
Suggest you measure those various dimensions in the diagram on K&N's site. The odd thing about that list is they have part #'s for the PARTS of the filter, but not the whole filter itself. The PerformanceProducts web site does have whole filter part #'s though. You should be able to find a match with your dimensions for a round tapered filter (I think that's what yours would be called).

Last edited by bitkahuna; 04-26-03 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-26-03, 08:18 PM
rtc1978
Driver School Candidate

I replaced SRT intake filter with a K&N extreme filter. 3.5" cone filter 5" long, these supposed to be better than other cone filters because it has an open top.(instead of filtering air just from the sides it also intakes air from the top of the filter). I tried this filter and it increased my 1/4mi mph by .75mph.(similar track and temp conditions before and after the replacement) I think this is a pretty decent gain just from a air filter.
Old 04-26-03, 10:16 PM
LexFather

I replaced SRT intake filter with a K&N extreme filter. 3.5" cone filter 5" long, these supposed to be better than other cone filters because it has an open top.(instead of filtering air just from the sides it also intakes air from the top of the filter). I tried this filter and it increased my 1/4mi mph by .75mph.(similar track and temp conditions before and after the replacement) I think this is a pretty decent gain just from a air filter.
Dude, this is great. Can you point me in the exact direction? Any more help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-28-03, 01:57 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Dude, this is great. Can you point me in the exact direction? Any more help is appreciated. Thanks.
Sick, let us know which filter you get and how well it works with the SRT intake.....
Old 04-29-03, 05:58 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sick, what is the manf of the filter you originally had? AIE or something like that? You can purchase replacements directly from their site. I've looked
Old 04-29-03, 04:29 PM
LexFather

sick, what is the manf of the filter you originally had? AIE or something like that? You can purchase replacements directly from their site. I've looked
Thanks.
Sick, let us know which filter you get and how well it works with the SRT intake.....
Let us know how it fits and what model # you get in case anyone else has to have their filter replaced in the future or if anyone has had one replaced already may be they can pass on the info to you.
For sure. My filter looks like my johnson after I have went swimming. Except the filter is a lot dirtier. I bet I could have knocked another .1 or.2 off my track time if my filter was clean.
Old 04-29-03, 08:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

My filter looks like my johnson after I have went swimming.
That small huh?

Except the filter is a lot dirtier. I bet I could have knocked another .1 or.2 off my track time if my filter was clean.
1SICK, I can bring K&N cleaner to Hennessy on Saturday if you like, it's good stuff.
Old 04-30-03, 09:03 AM
tomtnc
Pole Position

IMO, the filtered area of the SRT intake AEM (?) conical filter is too small. Unfotunately, the passenger side headlight assembly seems to prevent use of a longer conical filter (i.e. more surface area). I've had cold air intakes on three different performance vehicles (some with less displacement) and none came with a filter anywhere near this small.

I heard that the original versions of the SRT intake had a larger filter. SRT went with a smaller filter in later versions to reduce "noise". I have to wonder if there isn't another 0.002 HP in the SRT intake system with a larger (more sq. inch of filtered area) filter
Old 04-30-03, 02:12 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick, I forgot to ask you.....what did you run at the track the other day?
Old 04-30-03, 05:55 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rtc1978
LOL, I just replaced my SRT filter last week with the same exact K&N filter from my local Speed shop. Not only did it make a difference, but it looks sooooooo much better too. Awesome buy for only $45 bucks...
Old 04-30-03, 06:28 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, please. Like a K&N Part #.

Quick Reply: Doggone 3.5 inch filter.