Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

for AWD Invida q300 axleback. x pipe and resonator delete

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-16, 09:40 PM
jackdahou
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for AWD Invida q300 axleback. x pipe and resonator delete

I was looking for a louder setup and a q300 axleback is too quiet. I decided to get a resonator delete.

What you need.

I decided not to weld anything and use connecting pipes with exhaust clamps in case i do not like how it sounds; itll be cheaper this way. The shop in my my city charges a ridiculous amount for labor!

There are no bolt on mid pipes or full cats for Awd 3is, so i have to resort to something like this.

Here's how it was done.

The shop cut off resonators with x pipe.

I used the exhaust pipes from autozone, "Two 2 1/4 inch 36 inche pipes and had a straight through from axleback flange all the way to the secondary cats. I clamped it down with exhaust clamps. The pipes dont seem to have any leakage, and looks very secure and tight.

I am getting alot of rasp in cabin, the car is ridiculously loud. It sounds so violent and beast; i should be getting pulled over any minute now.

Update 1:
I kind of like how obnoxious and raspy it sounds. It sounds like a true straight pipe. It is extremely loud and violent. But I will be getting rid of this setup tomorrow. I will be welding smaller resonators on and a custom h pipe. Will be costing me a pretty penny, but hopefully I will be getting the sound I desire. I'll keep you guys updated with how it goes, and there might even be some exhaust clips!

Update 2:
I got everything welded on! As resonators i used two 24 inch cherry blast mufflers, as resonators. I decided to leave the H/X pipe out of it; the 24 inch resonators are more than enough to resonate the rasp. Car is now alot louder than with just an invidia q300 axleback! Still alitte drony, but can be tolerated. Car sounds like a total beast now!

Last edited by jackdahou; 05-08-16 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-05-16, 09:58 PM
jackdahou
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking of welding the either the x pipes or the resonators back on. Do you guys think welding the x pipe back on would get rid of the rasp?

If i weld the resonators back on, would it sound like stock?
Old 05-05-16, 10:19 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Anytime you remove any of the cats you'll most likely will increase the sound at the cost of it rasping. I don't know if there's a big difference between AWD vs RWD exhaust but you probably could have tried Invidias mid-pipe first and go from there.

Sounds to me like you need to start over since you've basically frankenstein your exhaust system!