Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

INJEN COLD AIR INTAKE IS200t

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-17, 07:16 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JKS200t
That's my major concern, i'm looking for several mods for my 17 is200t. Are you in so-cal?
I drove down to my dealer today, spoke to my salesman, and he brought over a tech that also confirmed this. I live in Texas (Sterling McCall Lexus) and they will not void my warranty for installing an intake. But, the service manager did make very clear to me that if I did do any engine tuning they will void my warranty. Afterwards, my salesman and I went for a little lap around the dealer so he could listen to the BOV.

Me and you have the same exact car. 2017 IS 200T F-Sport.
Let me know if you got any questions so far man, getting an intake for the car is literally the best ~$250 I've ever dropped.
The following users liked this post:
JKS200t (05-01-17)
Old 05-01-17, 10:03 AM
JKS200t
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus3GIST
I drove down to my dealer today, spoke to my salesman, and he brought over a tech that also confirmed this. I live in Texas (Sterling McCall Lexus) and they will not void my warranty for installing an intake. But, the service manager did make very clear to me that if I did do any engine tuning they will void my warranty. Afterwards, my salesman and I went for a little lap around the dealer so he could listen to the BOV.

Me and you have the same exact car. 2017 IS 200T F-Sport.
Let me know if you got any questions so far man, getting an intake for the car is literally the best ~$250 I've ever dropped.
Nice to hear, what type of intake did you install? Also, what BOV are you using (BPV/BOV), and did you upgrade the turbo?
Old 05-09-17, 10:23 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JKS200t
Nice to hear, what type of intake did you install? Also, what BOV are you using (BPV/BOV), and did you upgrade the turbo?
I purchased the Injen Short Air Ram Intake, and I haven't touched anything else engine wise.
Trust me, you don't need to touch any of that stuff. Also I don't think BOV's are needed until the turbo gets to be a little bigger. Correct me if I'm wrong someone!

Check my thread tonight for a video!

Last edited by Lexus3GIST; 05-09-17 at 11:27 PM. Reason: **added video
Old 06-22-17, 03:57 PM
DoctorZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any concern about a CEL with this intake? Also, is a tune needed?

Thanks
Old 06-22-17, 04:34 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 695 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorZ
Any concern about a CEL with this intake? Also, is a tune needed?

Thanks
No CEL or tune needed. Contact us for this part!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following users liked this post:
DoctorZ (06-22-17)
Old 08-09-17, 03:00 PM
azncutie
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I just realized there's a difference between short ram intakes and cold air intakes. I can't seem to find any Injen cold air intakes for my 2017 IS200t, or do they only make the short ram intake? If anyone can link me to the cold air intake, that would be awesome. Thanks
Old 08-10-17, 10:56 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by azncutie
So I just realized there's a difference between short ram intakes and cold air intakes. I can't seem to find any Injen cold air intakes for my 2017 IS200t, or do they only make the short ram intake? If anyone can link me to the cold air intake, that would be awesome. Thanks
Injen only makes one intake for the Is200T.

SP2097..

Contact us for this part!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 03-05-18, 12:46 PM
ltllexus
Driver School Candidate

Some sound clips:
My intake should be coming in within the next few days and I will make another sound video!
Old 03-21-18, 11:22 AM
JoelsLexIS
Driver School Candidate

Post Injen Technology Ram / Cold Air Intake Systems

Guys, although I respect Injen's products and their quality... I was going to purchase the "Injen Short Ram Intake" for my IS 200t F Sport until I read this on the Injen website... "Injen Technology Ram / Cold Air Intake Systems should be removed in wet climate conditions. Failure to do so may cause water to be absorbed into the engine through the Intake System causing serious engine failure. Injen Technology assumes no liability for damages to your engine due to water entering your vehicle's system."
So although I still feel its a great performance product... for me personally, I know I am not going to want to have to reinstall my factory intake every time it rains and I won't want to risk getting water/moisture into my engine either.
That being said, I guess if you have another car you can drive whenever its wet outside then this shouldn't be an issue... or if you're willing to do the swap every time it rains then go for it!
Again... not trying to say anything bad about Injen at all... this is just an important factor I thought everyone should be aware of when considering this upgrade.
Old 03-21-18, 11:55 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by JoelsLexIS
Guys, although I respect Injen's products and their quality... I was going to purchase the "Injen Short Ram Intake" for my IS 200t F Sport until I read this on the Injen website... "Injen Technology Ram / Cold Air Intake Systems should be removed in wet climate conditions. Failure to do so may cause water to be absorbed into the engine through the Intake System causing serious engine failure. Injen Technology assumes no liability for damages to your engine due to water entering your vehicle's system."
So although I still feel its a great performance product... for me personally, I know I am not going to want to have to reinstall my factory intake every time it rains and I won't want to risk getting water/moisture into my engine either.
That being said, I guess if you have another car you can drive whenever its wet outside then this shouldn't be an issue... or if you're willing to do the swap every time it rains then go for it!
Again... not trying to say anything bad about Injen at all... this is just an important factor I thought everyone should be aware of when considering this upgrade.
Thats just their disclaimer statement. The filter sits in the engine bay, so you will be fine in wet conditions unless you decide to go through 3-4 feet of flood water.
Old 03-21-18, 12:24 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

^ Exactly.

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 03-23-18, 05:14 PM
mvaldez24
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you guys tried any other performance companies? Like AEM. Been looking at getting the full Injen short ram intake but ran across this online. https://www.aemintakes.com/mobile/pr...?prod=28-20452
It's just an air filter exchange. Has anyone tried it or know of anyone who has?
Or what about AEM's intake system? https://www.aemintakes.com/mobile/pr...x?prod=21-791C
What's the better brand? What do you guys recommend?

Last edited by mvaldez24; 03-23-18 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-26-18, 06:04 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by mvaldez24
Have you guys tried any other performance companies? Like AEM. Been looking at getting the full Injen short ram intake but ran across this online. https://www.aemintakes.com/mobile/pr...?prod=28-20452
It's just an air filter exchange. Has anyone tried it or know of anyone who has?
Or what about AEM's intake system? https://www.aemintakes.com/mobile/pr...x?prod=21-791C
What's the better brand? What do you guys recommend?
I haven't seen any real testing done on the different intake brands and designs. Some may say the stock intake is enough, some may want the turbo sound for the cool factor, some are looking for strictly power gains etc. My personal preference is function, so anything other than the stock paper filter would help the turbo breathe better.
Old 03-26-18, 02:42 PM
mvaldez24
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I haven't seen any real testing done on the different intake brands and designs. Some may say the stock intake is enough, some may want the turbo sound for the cool factor, some are looking for strictly power gains etc. My personal preference is function, so anything other than the stock paper filter would help the turbo breathe better.
Thanks for the response. From some of the posts I've been reading and pictures I'm seeing, you have the Injen intake, correct? You still have it in? How you like it? I like the AEM just for the appearance. Has the gun metal finish. So blends in nice. Plus won't look as dirty as the chrome.
Old 03-26-18, 02:51 PM
mvaldez24
Rookie

Wait, I believe that was just an Instagram post screenshot from like 2016 lol. You have the Burger Tuning? Have pics?

Quick Reply: INJEN COLD AIR INTAKE IS200t