Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ATS Carbon LSD and PI TC Install, At Last!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-03, 12:44 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up ATS Carbon LSD and PI TC Install, At Last!

Finally got off my butt and called the dealer. The service writer and mechanic have gotten excellent reviews from other locals. My GS goes under the knife on Wednesday -- can't wait!!! Next step, brakes.
Old 05-13-03, 09:40 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! I ordered the little parts I needed for my dif install as well today. Should have all the necessary parts by next week.
Old 05-16-03, 12:06 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Default Install Complete

The install is done, I picked up the car today. Unfortunately, I will be traveling back up to the dealership in Oakland because I left my 6 CD cartridge on the service manager's desk. I was so excited about picking up the car that I spaced.

No real news yet other than everything functions under normal operating conditions. I want to go easy on the LSD for a few hundred miles to insure proper clutch break-in [easy is a relative term here]. But I can say that the TC is without a doubt working as advertised. I must have looked like an idiot driving home tonight -- jack rabbit starts from stop light to stop light, big grin on my face.

Gotta love the service manager... He told me what i really needed was a good intake to finish out the performance [short of FI]. Quite the difference from every other mod-scared dealer I have gone to in the bay area.
Old 05-16-03, 02:31 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oakland? Did you talk to Mark? Yeah, he is cool with mods so I have no problem taking my car to him. Congrats on the upgrade.
Old 05-16-03, 11:25 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Install Complete

Originally posted by redgs4
But I can say that the TC is without a doubt working as advertised. I must have looked like an idiot driving home tonight -- jack rabbit starts from stop light to stop light, big grin on my face.
Hahahaha! We never grow up!!!
Old 05-16-03, 11:51 AM
JacobT

Red,

You just brought back my old memories. I remember the day I picked up my car with TC/LSD installed, it was a raining day on the way back home. I was eagerly tried out the new toys hard and I was fish tail all over the street at each corners That was quite an experience you'd never got from the stock TC and open diff.
Old 05-16-03, 02:14 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

I might grow old but I'll never grow up. The new TC rocks! I can burn-out on a rolling start [dry blacktop at 10+ mph]. And my wife must be wondering WTF? She asked me where I was going [10:00p at night] and my answer was "no where in particular, I just want to drive".
Old 05-16-03, 08:30 PM
AROD
Pole Position

Hey RED help me out I'm new to this so can you spell out what those letters mean and what they do?
Old 05-16-03, 10:42 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Limited Slip Differential, Torque Converter
Old 05-17-03, 12:22 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 400DGRZ
Limited Slip Differential, Torque Converter
And... PI: Precision Industries, ATS: Active Traction Service
Old 05-17-03, 05:55 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

I just installed My Tein CS suspension and EDFC yesterday. Works awesome. Very soft ride actually rides better than the stock suspension. Remarkable. I got the parts for my LSD install yesterday. I'll try to do it next week.
Old 05-17-03, 07:13 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Tein CS rocks.......... most folks all they hear is Tein TA. Luxury and a sports car Did you get a good deal on your set-up?
Old 05-18-03, 01:16 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

Yes I am a Tein dealer. We love the stuff. Always perfect quality and they offer many different kits to fit everyone's needs.
Old 05-18-03, 02:45 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally posted by Guru
I just installed My Tein CS suspension and EDFC yesterday. Works awesome. Very soft ride actually rides better than the stock suspension. Remarkable.
Interesting, thanks for the feedback. So you say it's soft, how does the EDFC adjustment work? You can adjust ride height and firmness? Thanks.
Old 05-18-03, 06:20 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Guru
I just installed My Tein CS suspension and EDFC yesterday. Works awesome. Very soft ride actually rides better than the stock suspension. Remarkable. I got the parts for my LSD install yesterday. I'll try to do it next week.
Dan, nice to hear that you are finally getting a chance to get those mods done. Let us all know how your LSD install goes and your post-install impression.

Bit, the EDFC provides adjustment for damping [or dampening - both terms are correct]. I'm not sure if it's a single rate adjustment for both "compression and rebound" or whether compression and rebound can be adjusted separately.

Quick Reply: ATS Carbon LSD and PI TC Install, At Last!