Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t Downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-18, 01:36 PM
pnoygil
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most newer lexus cars recommends premium gas... Check the sticker on your gas filler cover..
Originally Posted by tnilc
Manufacturer spec is 87.
Old 09-08-18, 03:24 PM
nan88
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

The PPE downpipe from FIGS Engineering is ~$520 right now.
Is the downpipe worth it without a tune?

http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/CAT-G3-LEXUS-IS/PPE200tDP

Last edited by nan88; 09-08-18 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-09-18, 07:26 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

I saw an increase of around +10whp with an upgraded downpipe. If you are going to get one without a tune just make sure you are getting a good O2 sensor spacer to avoid a CEL.
Old 02-15-19, 10:16 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

https://www.ebay.com/i/283366531223?chn=ps

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Stainle...~Mn:rk:11:pf:0

OBX is making down-pipes as well.
Old 03-24-19, 08:50 AM
Quillo
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Down pipe

just ordered my down pipe!!! 😁😁😁😁😁 also ordered some drilled and slotted rotors. Will post pics of everything and let you guys know. Ill also be buying forsure a CEL eliminator. Will definitely let you guys know.
Old 03-24-19, 09:31 AM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Quillo
just ordered my down pipe!!! 😁😁😁😁😁 also ordered some drilled and slotted rotors. Will post pics of everything and let you guys know. Ill also be buying forsure a CEL eliminator. Will definitely let you guys know.
Downpipe is on my list. I've narrowed my choice down to PPE, which did you get??
Old 03-24-19, 10:49 AM
Quillo
10th Gear

Default Down pipe

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
Downpipe is on my list. I've narrowed my choice down to PPE, which did you get??

Got the obx dp. Contacted the sellers. Got all the specs, compared them to all the ones on the threads and all the ones i can find online period. Was happy with overall obx specs and bought them after the rotors. Lol i need to buy an cel eliminator for sure, but im very excited for the purchase and ofcourse the savings.
Old 04-08-19, 04:34 PM
Quillo
10th Gear

Hey, just curious, did you have a sort of raspy tone on cold start ups or when you turn on the ac or at specific high idles??

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Here are a few more pictures of the down pipe installation.

Heat shield is back on for that clean factory look.
Old 05-10-19, 07:26 AM
mvaldez24
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys, I kind of decided and gave up on performance for this platform but still curious if a downpipe is worth it.
Which downpipe do you guys recommend? PPE the best out there?
Anybody out there having issues with CEL even after installing the O2 sensor spacer? Would this void warranty and are you guys reverting back to stock downpipe when getting serviced?
Thanks!
Old 05-14-19, 11:06 PM
SWXF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mvaldez24
Hey guys, I kind of decided and gave up on performance for this platform but still curious if a downpipe is worth it.
Anybody out there having issues with CEL even after installing the O2 sensor spacer? Would this void warranty and are you guys reverting back to stock downpipe when getting serviced?
Thanks!
I can't answer all of your questions but I can answer a few.

IMO a downpipe is worth it with a tune. I'm running a TTi catted downpipe and i can definitely feel the difference over the stock one.

Regarding the CEL, after installing the TTi downpipe and driving around for awhile, it threw a p0420 code (not sure why it did). Installing a 90 degree spacer with a smaller opening got rid of the P0420 code but triggered a P0137 code. I tried drilling a 1/2" hole on the spacer but it did not help. After clearing the code and driving just less than 50 miles, CEL with the same code appeared again. I'm going to test out other spacers next and hopefully the CEL will be gone for good.
Old 05-20-19, 01:54 PM
Bastrd6
Pit Crew

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Been wanting to do a downpipe. But considering how much the shop foreman flipped out on my injen intake I've been a bit reluctant to make the jump. Especially with 6 years of warranty left.
Old 05-20-19, 02:04 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Bastrd6
Been wanting to do a downpipe. But considering how much the shop foreman flipped out on my injen intake I've been a bit reluctant to make the jump. Especially with 6 years of warranty left.
Flipped out? What Happened??
Old 05-20-19, 02:38 PM
Bastrd6
Pit Crew

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Took pics of the engine bay. Blamed the boost issue I was having on the intake. Even said the car was lowered (its not) and just went on and on about aftermarket mods causing my issues. All the car had was the intake. Lol ok and window tint. He showed me a non f sport 250 and told me to look at how much higher it sat etc etc etc.. if the next closest Lexus dealer wasnt another hour + out I'd go to that one instead.

So due to that I've held back on some mods.
Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
Flipped out? What Happened??
Old 05-20-19, 02:47 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Don't f-sports sit lower or have a smaller wheel gap? Either way That sucks, sorry for your troubles.
Old 05-21-19, 09:45 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by mvaldez24
Thanks!
I have a 2018 RC300 F Sport.

I installed a PPE Decatted Downpipe. I went through a few different O2 spacers before combining a 90 degree angled spacer with a longer spacer to get rid of my CEL. So far it hasn't returned since then, I think this was since July. I only have 7k miles on the car tho but all is good. I also have a BMS Stage 1 tune.

And yes, downpipe is worth it IMO.

Quick Reply: IS200t Downpipe