Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t Downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-18, 10:01 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Clrex
I got CEL after a day installing TTI decatted dp. I also install turbo delete and Burger on the same day. Was running fine for a day til CEL pop out. Please advise
Remove negative terminal on battery to reset the ECU and see if it comes on again. The TTI downpipe should have an internal spacer to avoid the CEL.
Old 07-01-18, 07:27 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I got CEL after a day installing TTI decatted dp. I also install turbo delete and Burger on the same day. Was running fine for a day til CEL pop out. Please advise
Do you have the newer style decatted dp or the older model? I’ve had my decatted dp on for 2k miles now and no CEL and mine is the first version TTI made
Old 07-01-18, 08:42 PM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Miintt

Do you have the newer style decatted dp or the older model? I’ve had my decatted dp on for 2k miles now and no CEL and mine is the first version TTI made
I suppose should be newer one as i just got it a week ago. My workshop try using OBD but apparently cant detect any code error. Car still in workshop and they trying to solve the issue.
Old 07-02-18, 04:33 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Got confirmation that the newer TTI downpipe does have the built in spacer. Remove the BMS system and clear the CEL by battery terminal. Drive it a bit on the stock tune to see if the light comes back on, if not then connect the BMS and you should be fine.
Old 07-02-18, 06:05 PM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Got confirmation that the newer TTI downpipe does have the built in spacer. Remove the BMS system and clear the CEL by battery terminal. Drive it a bit on the stock tune to see if the light comes back on, if not then connect the BMS and you should be fine.
Thanks Sheddy. Will try and see how it goes.

Anyone know that if CEL throws up, is the car in limp mode? Really feel different, not as responsive and doesnt quite seem to be able pull beyond 4k. I know WRX does when CEL throws up.
Old 07-02-18, 11:23 PM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Sheddy. Will try and see how it goes.

Anyone know that if CEL throws up, is the car in limp mode? Really feel different, not as responsive and doesnt quite seem to be able pull beyond 4k. I know WRX does when CEL throws up.
Removed BMS and tried disconnecting battery to reset ecu. Doesnt work first time. Used OBD to clear and manage to clear code. No CEL so far. Definitely feel the difference when CEL is cleared. Will be driving around for the next few days and see how it goes. Not too sure what i didnt do right with BMS.
Old 07-03-18, 01:31 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

I have a PPE downpipe on my RC300. Installed the O2 adapter with largest restrictor as advised by PPE. CEL went away for a couple hundred miles but returned tonight. I cleared it and it came back. Any other recommendations for O2 adapters?
Old 07-05-18, 05:04 PM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

Removed BMS and tried disconnecting battery to reset ecu. Doesnt work first time. Used OBD to clear and manage to clear code. No CEL so far. Definitely feel the difference when CEL is cleared. Will be driving around for the next few days and see how it goes. Not too sure what i didnt do right with BMS.
After few days of driving. CEL pop up again. So it might not seems to be the BMS issue. Getting my workshop to fabricate an adapter and see how it goes.
Old 07-05-18, 05:38 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

After few days of driving. CEL pop up again. So it might not seems to be the BMS issue. Getting my workshop to fabricate an adapter and see how it goes.
Did you look inside the pipe before installing it and notice another tube on the inside that blocks off the 02 sensor from fumes? My v1 TTI downpipe has the tube inside and I haven’t had a CEL after over 2.5k miles and I don’t have the reflash. My guess is the newer version that you have got rid of the internal tube for an external 02 extender that might not be doing the job.
Old 07-09-18, 07:20 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Tony confirmed that the new TTI dp has the same internal spacer on the 2nd O2 bung. I would try and reset the ECU again. I had a CEL issue with my PPE decatted DP (doesn't have internal tube) and eventually it went away once i added the 90 degree spacer.
Old 07-09-18, 04:52 PM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Tony confirmed that the new TTI dp has the same internal spacer on the 2nd O2 bung. I would try and reset the ECU again. I had a CEL issue with my PPE decatted DP (doesn't have internal tube) and eventually it went away once i added the 90 degree spacer.
Hi Sheddy, thanks for checking in. Yes I had reset it again, but unfortunately it came back in less than a day. I managed to get hold of Tony and he said he will be sending some parts over.

Not too sure how many here are using v2 TTi DP and wondering are they facing the same issue or maybe i got an lemon.
Old 07-10-18, 05:00 PM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Miintt

Did you look inside the pipe before installing it and notice another tube on the inside that blocks off the 02 sensor from fumes? My v1 TTI downpipe has the tube inside and I haven’t had a CEL after over 2.5k miles and I don’t have the reflash. My guess is the newer version that you have got rid of the internal tube for an external 02 extender that might not be doing the job.
Not too sure is there. Dont quite look like if there is. Attached pic. DP definitely a worthwhile mod if not because of the CEL. Now back on stock DP and there's noticeable different. With a mod DP, its much revy the stock

Old 07-10-18, 05:43 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Not too sure is there. Dont quite look like if there is. Attached pic. DP definitely a worthwhile mod if not because of the CEL. Now back on stock DP and there's noticeable different. With a mod DP, its much revy the stock
In this picture I can see the internal spacer on the 2nd O2 bung, but the older version had an internal tube which faced downward from the exhaust stream. I would definitely recommend getting a 90 degree O2 spacer on there and that should work.
Old 07-10-18, 05:54 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

In this picture I can see the internal spacer on the 2nd O2 bung, but the older version had an internal tube which faced downward from the exhaust stream. I would definitely recommend getting a 90 degree O2 spacer on there and that should work.

This is the spacer on my PPE decatted pipe.

Old 07-10-18, 06:47 PM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Sheddy, hopefully Tony will send over the right part. BTW the exhaust fumes smell are rather strong. I dont remember it to be so strong when I had my decatted DP on my STI. Its it norm?

Quick Reply: IS200t Downpipe