Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t Downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-18, 07:01 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Clrex
Thanks Sheddy, hopefully Tony will send over the right part. BTW the exhaust fumes smell are rather strong. I dont remember it to be so strong when I had my decatted DP on my STI. Its it norm?
Oh yes, I have the same issue. I had a TTI downpipe with a high flow cat at first and it definitely helped, but I then decided to go decatted expecting it to be better since there are no restrictions and honestly I couldn't tell a difference.
Old 07-10-18, 10:15 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks Sheddy, hopefully Tony will send over the right part. BTW the exhaust fumes smell are rather strong. I dont remember it to be so strong when I had my decatted DP on my STI. Its it norm?
It is normal, my car smells horrible too. I expected the smell to get more subtle after putting on some miles but it hasn’t gotten any better. My friend has a downpipe on his 340 and it doesn’t smell as strong even with a bigger engine for some reason.
Old 07-12-18, 08:35 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,167 Likes on 1,629 Posts

I honestly would keep your cats, guys. or at least hi flow. The compromise isn't worth it. At the end of the day it's still a 3,600 lb car (at best) with less than 300hp doing a 14 sec 1/4 mile at best.

If you're going to put up with exhaust smell, at least rock an RS3 pushing 10s/11s.

Even then I wouldn't put up with that personally for daily driving. When I go to work I don't want to be smelling like a gas station.
Old 07-12-18, 08:37 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,167 Likes on 1,629 Posts

Little story.. back in the day my friend's supercharged E90 M3 (600 wheel) was decatted.... the fumes so strong after just a little while driving, the smell of fuel in the interior was immense. my clothes smelled so so so strong when i got home and my face felt extremely oily from all the fumes. i had fuel dripping off of me. it was intense. left a bad taste in my mouth (literally) ever since

car was a beast though. 200mph easy... don't ask me how I know. =/
Old 07-12-18, 08:14 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by E46CT
Little story.. back in the day my friend's supercharged E90 M3 (600 wheel) was decatted.... the fumes so strong after just a little while driving, the smell of fuel in the interior was immense. my clothes smelled so so so strong when i got home and my face felt extremely oily from all the fumes. i had fuel dripping off of me. it was intense. left a bad taste in my mouth (literally) ever since

car was a beast though. 200mph easy... don't ask me how I know. =/
If the smell was getting inside my interior while driving I wouln’t put up with it but it doesn’t. I’ve been on a 3 hour drive after the downpipe was put on and I didn’t smell it inside at all. Maybe our interior is better insulated than that M3. I also daily drive my car to work and I don’t smell like gas when I get in the office lol
Old 07-13-18, 08:40 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Same here. I only get the strong smell if i am standing at the back of the car, but no smell inside at all. I did not notice any power difference between the sport catted and de-catted, so if your buget allows for a catted then i would recommend it.
Old 07-14-18, 08:30 AM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Would installing a down pipe with no tune have any negative effects on performance or longevity?
Old 07-14-18, 11:06 AM
Miintt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
Would installing a down pipe with no tune have any negative effects on performance or longevity?
I don’t know about longetivity but it won’t have a negative effect in performance. Im running a downpipe with no tune and it actually still increases performance a little bit
Old 07-15-18, 05:14 PM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
A tune will further enhance the performance. Even without one, you can feel its much more revy than stock and BMS. If you are getting from TTI a catless one, make sure they send with the proper bypass.
Old 07-19-18, 05:05 PM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

i am little confuse. I thought downpipe installation is straight forward? According to Tony, am i suppose to change replace a casket for a catless DP?
Old 07-19-18, 05:47 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

i am little confuse. I thought downpipe installation is straight forward? According to Tony, am i suppose to change replace a casket for a catless DP?
It sucks to hear you’re having all these issues. Mine is catless also and I used all the stock hardware to install. I didn’t replace the vband or gaskets and I don’t have a CEL
Old 07-19-18, 11:52 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

I know there's supposed to be an internal tube for the TTI downpipe, but try an O2 spacer.

Do you know what CEL code is being given? P0420?
Old 07-19-18, 11:54 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Got my TMD kit from TTI and picked up a diverter valve to go with it! Picked it up at the SoCal office too
Old 07-22-18, 05:01 PM
Clrex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tnilc
I know there's supposed to be an internal tube for the TTI downpipe, but try an O2 spacer.

Do you know what CEL code is being given? P0420?
Yap it that.
Old 07-22-18, 10:21 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Yap it that.
Try a longer O2 sensor adapter with a smaller inlet. I went through like 3 of them and found one that works.

PPE customer service is fantastic btw.

I used this o2 adapter
Amazon Amazon

It worked great but it was a bit long and the O2 sensor wires were awfully close to the transmission. I didn't want them to get damaged by the heat, so I installed a 2 piece 90 degree spacer and installed the o2 sensor in the link above. Everything has been perfect since. *knock on wood*

PPE was great in customer service but unfortunately none of the spacers they sent me worked.

Quick Reply: IS200t Downpipe