Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2nd Gen. GS300 twin turbo. Who's is it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-03, 02:07 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BNR34
John from SP told me a few things about this car.

It will be a fully build monster. Fully build 2JZGTE swap with Twin HKS GT2835s aiming for 800 HP. Along with a Supra 6-speed Getrag swap. Basically a dream setup for a power junkie.

Price for a "stock" 2JZGTE with the Getrag swap is quoted to me at $20K. So this fully build swap should be at least $40K, depends on how exotic of the components the owner choose.
Holly smokes!!!!
Hope to see more of this car when it is done for sure!!
Old 06-01-03, 03:17 PM
Blackened
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GS300 twin turbo was produced in Japan as Toyota Aristo v300; I think it is equal to GS430 in US.

-Mike
Old 06-01-03, 03:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally posted by loonyrobert3
had a question lets say that whoever gets the swap done and gets a mannual tranny can you keep the same type of shifter that the gs came with?

robert
Robert,

If you're changing out the entire transmission, adding a clutch, etc. the shifter is the smallest detail you'd be worried about. I guess you could probably keep the shift **** if you really liked it, but the entire plate where the shift gate is would be replaced with a different type and a shift boot.

Originally posted by Blackened
GS300 twin turbo was produced in Japan as Toyota Aristo v300; I think it is equal to GS430 in US.

-Mike
Mike,

Welcome to ClubLexus. Do a bit of reading here and you'll find out a lot more about the Aristo. I wouldn't go as far to say it is 'equal to the GS430'... the biggest difference (besides being RHD) being the engine is a I6 vs a V8 (as in the GS430) and is FAR more tuneable as it comes with forced induction. Basically the Supra TT engine in a GS body.
Old 06-01-03, 04:42 PM
loonyrobert3
Lead Lap

DaveGS4

thanx but if you get the 2jz-gte with automatic tranny you dont change the plate or the boot?

--Robert
Old 06-01-03, 05:30 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

DaveGS4

thanx but if you get the 2jz-gte with automatic tranny you dont change the plate or the boot?

--Robert
Robert - not quite sure what you're saying... the difference IS because it's a manual transmission, not an automatic.

Maybe I'm just missing what your question is ?
Old 06-01-03, 05:35 PM
loonyrobert3
Lead Lap

you know the console how it tiptronic and my question is if you get manual can you keep it like that or not?
also if its automatic tranny you dont need to change the console right?

thanks
robert
Old 06-01-03, 10:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

you know the console how it tiptronic and my question is if you get manual can you keep it like that or not?
also if its automatic tranny you dont need to change the console right?

thanks
robert
No, you can't keep it like that. The e-shift (tiptronic) is a function of an AUTOMATIC transmission. The only manual transmission that comes close to doing something like that would be the SMG tranny option in the BMW M3, and there's nothing close to like that for our cars that I'm aware of. Even if you had that, it would be a different gearshift.

Somebody else help me here, I'm kind of at a loss for words on this line of thinking.
Old 06-02-03, 04:48 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

who said richie never starts a thread
Old 06-02-03, 10:06 AM
v300
Lead Lap

...regardless the car is more a MKIV SUPRA than a V300 (well if he's going to put in the Getrag-6 and all the proper provisions to accompany the 2835's I'm in envy).
Old 06-02-03, 11:05 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Richie....................I am planning to go see it personally when it is completed. I am sure the car will feature in a few of the import magazine in the future.

loonyrobert3...........here in Southern California, when people do a 2JZGTE swap into a GS300, even if they stay with an auto tranny, they would swap in the Aristo's 4-speeds tranny so the car would run on the Aristo's ECU. The Aristo V300 never got a 5-speed auto, I guess the Supra never did, that is why. To answer your question, yes either manual or auto, they would change the shifter plate.

v300............their plan is to run the 6-speed Getrag with all the proper provisions to accompany the twin GT2835's for 800 HP. Whether it will be successful or not, we will see. But since these kind of project is money no object, it will be done sooner or later. The worse is it will take some time.

As far as I know, in So Cal anyway, this car is the first one with fully build 2JZGTE power and a 6-speed Getrag. Very exciting project indeed.

Last edited by BNR34; 06-02-03 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-02-03, 11:59 AM
loonyrobert3
Lead Lap

thanks alot for the help. you guys helped me clear my mind
Old 06-02-03, 01:34 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by v300
...regardless the car is more a MKIV SUPRA than a V300 (well if he's going to put in the Getrag-6 and all the proper provisions to accompany the 2835's I'm in envy).
LOL, AJ, your in envy?
Your car aint to bad either, LOL !!
Old 06-02-03, 07:19 PM
ChrisFL
Driver

Originally posted by DaveGS4
No, you can't keep it like that. The e-shift (tiptronic) is a function of an AUTOMATIC transmission. The only manual transmission that comes close to doing something like that would be the SMG tranny option in the BMW M3, and there's nothing close to like that for our cars that I'm aware of. Even if you had that, it would be a different gearshift.

Somebody else help me here, I'm kind of at a loss for words on this line of thinking.
Actually, a Toyota does have one like the BMW and Ferrari....the MR2 Spyder. It's an early version, and it doesn't shift very quickly, but it is a real manual. I'm hopnig Toyota will continue development, since they are in nice company as only 3 manufacturers that have it, AFAIK
Old 06-02-03, 07:51 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by ChrisFL
Actually, a Toyota does have one like the BMW and Ferrari....the MR2 Spyder. It's an early version, and it doesn't shift very quickly, but it is a real manual. I'm hopnig Toyota will continue development, since they are in nice company as only 3 manufacturers that have it, AFAIK
Good catch.

Since the MR2 spyder are so unexciting, that is why it is easy to forget about it
Old 06-02-03, 10:30 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

Im not too sure about this, but i heard somewhere that one of the wierd quirks about changing an auto to a manual is that u dont have to step on the clutch to start the car when the car is a swap from auto to manual?...im not too sure...but at least thats wat i remember as bein one of the minor differences from a out of the box stick and a auto converted to stick...someone pls correct me if im wrong.

-boris

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen. GS300 twin turbo. Who's is it?