Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Be careful before you buy an Ark Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-17, 07:19 PM
ediaz87
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ARK Performance
Not sure how you can see the welding from that picture?? Flange rotation changes the angles of the pipe depending on how it is aligned.
Exhausts (or any kind of fabricated parts) are not made on a car, they're made on a jig / mold.

Bagged with no issues...

another

another one on bags

I own the NPG that ARK has provided a picture of above. Simple install with clear instructions. Awesome system and has always provided great customer service.
Old 05-28-17, 06:28 PM
rune403186
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the market for exhaust exhaust system i look at ark,nvidia and tanabe i got a 2014 lexus IS350 awd f-sports what do you guys recommend,vehicle still bone stock
Old 06-06-17, 09:42 AM
ARK Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rune403186
I'm in the market for exhaust exhaust system i look at ark,nvidia and tanabe i got a 2014 lexus IS350 awd f-sports what do you guys recommend,vehicle still bone stock
Depends if you want just an axle back, or full catback. We make a full catback that fits AWD.
Old 07-13-17, 10:23 AM
beezmarkee
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Just installed F Sport axleback to my IS 250 RWD. It looks perfect, no difference between right and left
The following users liked this post:
sunamer (01-03-21)
Old 08-28-17, 11:08 AM
FnkDrSpok
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ARK Performance
Depends if you want just an axle back, or full catback. We make a full catback that fits AWD.
I'm on the website now, I have a 16 350 AWD F-Sport and I'm currently shopping around for a full catback exhaust system. Are you talking about the GRIP collection?
Old 08-28-17, 11:31 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

As a former contract arbitrator, I am impressed with the posted comments and commitment to provide a customer resolution, by Erick at Ark Performance.
Old 01-01-21, 04:20 AM
Jimi69
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
Expensive performance exhaust shouldnt need to modify, ARK costs like 2.3k USD$ even on eBay, should be plugged and play like F-sport OEM, he meant the hanger is out of position not the flange or the uneven tip when you look at the rear view, we installed an exhaust for a Subaru WRX STI last summer, tip looked uneven and 2 people need to hold and 1 people tighten it.
I agree with you that expensive exhaust should made right with quality and direct fitment. You should of not have to make any modifications just to get it to fit right. It should of been made properly from ARK. That's why I recommend Apexi catback exhaust system because it's Japanese craftsmanship made excellent and beautifully that it just fits right with no modifications.
Old 01-01-21, 03:03 PM
Rhydg1
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimi69
I agree with you that expensive exhaust should made right with quality and direct fitment. You should of not have to make any modifications just to get it to fit right. It should of been made properly from ARK. That's why I recommend Apexi catback exhaust system because it's Japanese craftsmanship made excellent and beautifully that it just fits right with no modifications.
The OP seems to be the odd one out and/or not following the install directions right considering this forum is filled with people happy with their ARK exhaust; as well as RR racing saying it's currently the best exhaust available currently for the IS...And instead of working with ARK to find a solution to something that is clearly not right(either with the actual exhaust or the installer) he went ahead and hacked it up to botch it on.., Not like Apexi has never had a issue. I would have an Apexi mid pipe on my car right now if it were not for reports like this...(https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...i-midpipe.html)..., and other reports of the sound possibly degrading over time(?). I might still end up trying it out being that the Invidia mid pipe apparently sounds on the ricey side. But I'd be pissed if I spent ~60% more for the Apexi only for something like that to happen or the sound degrade overtime while the cheaper Invidia option apparently dose not have these issues(RR racing says the Invidia is better than the Apexi too).

Last edited by Rhydg1; 01-01-21 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-02-21, 03:28 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,399 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhydg1
The OP seems to be the odd one out and/or not following the install directions right considering this forum is filled with people happy with their ARK exhaust; as well as RR racing saying it's currently the best exhaust available currently for the IS...And instead of working with ARK to find a solution to something that is clearly not right(either with the actual exhaust or the installer) he went ahead and hacked it up to botch it on.., Not like Apexi has never had a issue. I would have an Apexi mid pipe on my car right now if it were not for reports like this...(https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...i-midpipe.html)..., and other reports of the sound possibly degrading over time(?). I might still end up trying it out being that the Invidia mid pipe apparently sounds on the ricey side. But I'd be pissed if I spent ~60% more for the Apexi only for something like that to happen or the sound degrade overtime while the cheaper Invidia option apparently dose not have these issues(RR racing says the Invidia is better than the Apexi too).
This thread is like from 3+ years ago, lol. I do not recall having any recent fitment issues with ARK, they make a good exhaust. If there are ever issues I hope folks give the vendor a shot to fix then before lambasting all over social media.

ARK makes a good system. I personally like that it has high flow cats and large helmholtz resonators which reduce drone.

And one other thing. If you think you have a problem with an aftermarket part, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT TO A LEXUS DEALER. All they will do is blame the part, and charge you $150/hr. Dealer is literally the last place you should go

Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 01-02-21 at 03:38 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RRRacing:
enkrypt3d (02-28-21), Leo7 (05-05-21), Rhydg1 (01-02-21)
Old 01-03-21, 09:42 AM
sunamer
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
This thread is like from 3+ years ago, lol. I do not recall having any recent fitment issues with ARK, they make a good exhaust. If there are ever issues I hope folks give the vendor a shot to fix then before lambasting all over social media.

ARK makes a good system. I personally like that it has high flow cats and large helmholtz resonators which reduce drone.

And one other thing. If you think you have a problem with an aftermarket part, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT TO A LEXUS DEALER. All they will do is blame the part, and charge you $150/hr. Dealer is literally the last place you should go

Rafi
To be fair, it is entirely possible that it was just a fluke, however at certain point ARK might have some manufacturing problems, in terms of the tolerances. If you simply follow all instructions correctly and end up with a slanted exhaust tip, that is a manufacturing problem or the problem of instructions being unclear (at the very least). If that was just one person here experiencing it, I would have thought of it as just that particular person doing a poor job of aligning it. However when 3-4 people appear in just this thread alone, with the same problem, that most likely is an indication of some sort of manufacturing problem... specifically, tooling problem, which should be used to align all pieces before welding it together. If the tooling was not well thought out, or no tooling was used at all (doing it on the lap or a desk without fixing those pieces in a specific way) then alignment problems will be guaranteed.
And judging by the fact that the last update was in 2017, that problem was successfully fixed on the manufacturing end, hence no more complaints about that.

To be honest, if i were to pay 1.2-1.3k for an f sport axle back, I would expect it to be manufactured virtually perfectly. And if I pay 2k+ for the axleback and the midpipes, I would expect it to be perfect as well.
Old 01-03-21, 02:47 PM
Rhydg1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sunamer
To be fair, it is entirely possible that it was just a fluke, however at certain point ARK might have some manufacturing problems, in terms of the tolerances. If you simply follow all instructions correctly and end up with a slanted exhaust tip, that is a manufacturing problem or the problem of instructions being unclear (at the very least). If that was just one person here experiencing it, I would have thought of it as just that particular person doing a poor job of aligning it. However when 3-4 people appear in just this thread alone, with the same problem, that most likely is an indication of some sort of manufacturing problem... specifically, tooling problem, which should be used to align all pieces before welding it together. If the tooling was not well thought out, or no tooling was used at all (doing it on the lap or a desk without fixing those pieces in a specific way) then alignment problems will be guaranteed.
And judging by the fact that the last update was in 2017, that problem was successfully fixed on the manufacturing end, hence no more complaints about that.

To be honest, if i were to pay 1.2-1.3k for an f sport axle back, I would expect it to be manufactured virtually perfectly. And if I pay 2k+ for the axleback and the midpipes, I would expect it to be perfect as well.
"t. However when 3-4 people appear in just this thread alone, with the same problem, " 3-4 other people? Did you read the thread, What are you smoking lol, I need some of that! There is ONE person with the issue in this thread...and it's the OP who posted about this over 3 years ago..... 3-4 other people that are happy with their ARK catback posted about how theirs is perfect and the OP is most likely doing something wrong. On the forum that is filled with positive reviews of the ARK...The OP who also refused to work with ARK who was trying to help him fit it/offered to look at it in person...Then hacked it up to botch it on...Sorry/not sorry, The OP is the only one to blame.
Old 01-03-21, 05:00 PM
sunamer
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhydg1
"t. However when 3-4 people appear in just this thread alone, with the same problem, " 3-4 other people? Did you read the thread, What are you smoking lol, I need some of that! There is ONE person with the issue in this thread...and it's the OP who posted about this over 3 years ago..... 3-4 other people that are happy with their ARK catback posted about how theirs is perfect and the OP is most likely doing something wrong. On the forum that is filled with positive reviews of the ARK...The OP who also refused to work with ARK who was trying to help him fit it/offered to look at it in person...Then hacked it up to botch it on...Sorry/not sorry, The OP is the only one to blame.
I dont smoke, which is why, unlike you, I clearly can count.
Original poster - person 1
this poster (#11) - person number 2 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post9830539)
When looking at mounts between the right and left side...the left side rubber mount is straight up and the right side is angled back towards rear bumper. also the very last hanger on the left side is flush while the right side extends about 1/2"
this poster (#14) - person number 3 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post9831682)
thats why i bought the ARK and returned be4 i install it and went with APEXi
So, 1, 2, 3 ...let’s count: that is three different users experiencing issues with parts alignment with ARK. I am too lazy to count more, as I already found a minimum number satisfying my claim. So, yes, it is AT LEAST 3 PEOPLE in this thread alone. Any relevant questions?

As for the refusal about working with them - he got an unsatisfactory product at a high price. From the pictures he posted, it can be clearly seen that it was ARK employee(s) with hands growing from his ****, who welded parts incorrectly, making it impossible to align the tips and make the clearance between the pipes and the ground equal... yet you blame the topic starter? Seriously?

Last edited by sunamer; 01-03-21 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-03-21, 07:11 PM
Rhydg1
Intermediate

this poster (#11) - person number 2 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post9830539)

this poster (#14) - person number 3 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post9831682)

So, 1, 2, 3 ...let’s count: that is three different users experiencing issues with parts alignment with ARK. I am too lazy to count more, as I already found a minimum number satisfying my claim. So, yes, it is AT LEAST 3 PEOPLE in this thread alone. Any relevant questions?

As for the refusal about working with them - he got an unsatisfactory product at a high price. From the pictures he posted, it can be clearly seen that it was ARK employee(s) with hands growing from his ****, who welded parts incorrectly, making it impossible to align the tips and make the clearance between the pipes and the ground equal... yet you blame the topic starter? Seriously?
There is no obvious defect in the pictures of the OPS ARK, and instead of taking ARK up on the offer to have them pay the shipping to look at it themselves he botched the thing on. Your right about post #11...I missed that...Post #14 however says he returned it before he ever installed it...so I guess both our reading comprehension needs work. Considering Everyine else in this fourm seems happy with theirs, and it get's RR-racing approval, I think it's a pretty safe investment. I will comment both the OPs issues as well as post #11 seem almost identical to my experience installing the OEM accessory F-sport Axle back...When brought to my friendly lexus tech on the side; he went on to say something along the lines of the mid pipe needed to be removed or manipulated in some specific way or else the axle back is not going to sit right...
Old 01-04-21, 07:44 AM
ScytheDC
Intermediate

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

He’s either and ARK employee or a troll. Clearly gaslighting saying the obviously jacked up tail pipe has nothing wrong with it. Besides who still says sorry/not sorry?
Old 01-04-21, 07:49 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Knock off the personal comments or do not post please

Quick Reply: Be careful before you buy an Ark Exhaust