Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200T Turbocharger rebuild and modify

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-17, 07:27 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
he should have an expectation how it should be performed base on his expereince.
Lol u got me curious i have been driving turbo cars my whole life now am i wana hear his opinion too but as i said it depends what kind of modification TTI is doing and they havent shared that with us yet

FYI my last car was a 600whp on a mustang dyno Evo X....plenty of modification days spent on that but ya what do i know
Old 12-21-17, 07:54 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
Lol u got me curious i have been driving turbo cars my whole life now am i wana hear his opinion too but as i said it depends what kind of modification TTI is doing and they havent shared that with us yet

FYI my last car was a 600whp on a mustang dyno Evo X....plenty of modification days spent on that but ya what do i know
Ohhh 600whp!! thats alot for me I wish to have only 340-380whp from all the upgardes and thats already near to the F territory hahaha lets see how TTi going to MOD on this hybrid turbo ..very interesting anyway so excited!
Old 12-21-17, 10:42 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Healthy competition that's what i call this

Am not advocating for TTI well am not on their payroll either but I have seen crappy support from OV and I personally had an experience with them so for me customer support comes first, because when I have a problem I want proper support not some who would tell me to F off.

I won't be commenting much on the turbo setup they are working on because I don't have much info on it but the little info I have is getting me hyped up....and yes I am next lab rat so lets see how it goes

and to answer your “efficiency range” what am talking about is the amount of flow/pressure that the turbo can handle before it starts to simply push heat into the engine...as per the explanation below

"Adiabatic Efficiency
Adiabatic efficiency is a measure of how well the supercharger or turbo compresses air without causing it to heat more than absolutely necessary. The compressor's AE range depends upon the ratio of pressure it produces to the amount of air it can flow, and all compressors have a "sweet spot" where they function at maximum efficiency. Manufacturers test compressors to produce what are called "boost maps" -- charts that index a compressor's efficiency. Small turbos will tend to be very efficient over a wide range of boost pressures, but have limited airflow. Large compressors offer more airflow, but tend to have a narrower efficiency range." https://itstillruns.com/horsepower-v...-10009983.html
We all want more don’t we? It seems like you know a lot... based off of the Internet link you provided. That’s the stuff! You could say manufacturers use information like this for development and design. I’ve covered this a few times in the past, our turbo isn’t “Smaller or small” than other turbochargers. Our turbo is in fact normal size. Same size as the n20 and bigger than a focus st turbo. Don’t be gullible. The power is being saved for the ‘hybrid’ turbo; 1000000000%. I don’t find that too hard to understand
Old 12-21-17, 12:10 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
Ohhh 600whp!! thats alot for me I wish to have only 340-380whp from all the upgardes and thats already near to the F territory hahaha lets see how TTi going to MOD on this hybrid turbo ..very interesting anyway so excited!
It is all interesting and possiblities are increasing by the day....excited too
Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
We all want more don’t we? It seems like you know a lot... based off of the Internet link you provided. That’s the stuff! You could say manufacturers use information like this for development and design. I’ve covered this a few times in the past, our turbo isn’t “Smaller or small” than other turbochargers. Our turbo is in fact normal size. Same size as the n20 and bigger than a focus st turbo. Don’t be gullible. The power is being saved for the ‘hybrid’ turbo; 1000000000%. I don’t find that too hard to understand
I beg to differ but lets agree to disagree lets see how it all pans out be it OV or TTI or whatever we all want more and we all agree on that bit so lets focus our positive energy on that
The following users liked this post:
Zahabriel (12-21-17)
Old 12-22-17, 12:13 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Wink

It is all interesting and possiblities are increasing by the day....excited too
I beg to differ but lets agree to disagree lets see how it all pans out be it OV or TTI or whatever we all want more and we all agree on that bit so lets focus our positive energy on that
We have another very reputable tuning company besides OV and TTI. They’re already in business with PPE, at the most requiring only the downpipe and chargepipe. They feel really really good about making a maxed out pop bang tune, just like they’ve done with other Lexus engines. Plus @sheddy has another tuner looking into his soon! Im just gonna wait it out
Zahabriel (12-22-17)
Old 12-22-17, 12:15 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

TTI is definitely gonna be on another level I think
Zahabriel (12-22-17)
Old 01-07-18, 08:23 PM
PATCHEZ
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

any update?
Old 01-08-18, 09:22 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi Guys

The hybrid turbocharger still testing.

Stock compressor wheel inducer
Stock compressor wheel exducer
Stock turbine wheel exducer
Stock turbine wheel inducer

Hybrid compressor wheel inducer(project B)
Hybrid compressor wheel exducer(project B)
The following 2 users liked this post by TTITony:
Ricoo (01-08-18), Sheddy (01-16-18)
Old 01-08-18, 12:01 PM
PATCHEZ
Driver

Sexy sexy turbo ****!!!!
Old 01-29-18, 11:51 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Any trim numbers? What are your expectations and/or goals in regards to boost pressures? It looks like the stock turbo is a slightly modified Garrett GT2252 in specs, And you guys are trying to get it to around GT2560R but may need a higher trim to get more boost. Say 72 trim.
Old 01-30-18, 10:42 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Hey guys, managed to get a nice snap of what to come

Look at these babies....Prototype 1 and testing will start in the coming week
Stock Hybrid ��

Again right side is the TTI Hybrid Turbo, with Turbine wheel cutback, left is stock
Some updated pictures of the assembled hybrid turbo for comparison.
Old 01-30-18, 02:04 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35
It looks like the stock turbo is a slightly modified Garrett GT2252
AFAIK, Toyota's 8AR-FTS turbo is designed and manufactured in house.
Old 01-30-18, 03:13 PM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
AFAIK, Toyota's 8AR-FTS turbo is designed and manufactured in house.
I was referring to the specs of the unit not that it was that turbo. However I believe previous Toyota turbos were manufactured by Honeywell/Garrett with Toyota design.
Old 02-26-18, 07:39 PM
PATCHEZ
Driver

Bump for update
Old 03-03-18, 10:06 AM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Subscribed!

So left field question, Aside from wanting to appear stock, why not just replace with say a Garrett T3 50mm? Turbos are fairly modular and garrett could match the curved neck for a customer. The T3 50 is like $750.

Quick Reply: IS200T Turbocharger rebuild and modify