Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Just installed Invidia Q300 a bit louder than i expected. Should of went with Tanabe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-18, 08:06 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 812 Likes on 410 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Rav5280
Ya I installed my Invidia axle back the day it arrived. never done anything exhaust related before so it took me about 1.5 hours due to doing it at night and trying to get the rubber off the hangers. definitely a good experience for future though. it'll be a week on Friday and I believe I read that it takes about that long to break in. Does it become louder after the break-in period? Overall this axle back matched with the Tanabe intake sounds great IMO. and it definitely seems like its added some power, at least off the start, but could just be the placebo effect of the sound haha. Ive seen videos of revving with the full cat-back exhaust but I'd like to see what it sounds like from inside the cabin while driving normally. any thoughts on mid pipe?
It might get a tad bit louder over time, nothing hugely noticeable. Ive had mine on for about 3 weeks ish now. And for my thoughts on the midpipe? Im definitely picking one up. My car goes to the powdercoating shop on friday to have my ugly plasti'd rims done, and then after that Im going to go ahead and order the midpipe. According to some other members on here, the midpipe is just a little louder than the axelback until you put some power in it, then its really loud. So im guessing that means no drone if its about the same as the axelback. I have my exhaust paired with the AEM CAI, I absolutely love to sound the intake makes paired with the exhaust around 4.5-5k rpms.