Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE Headers sound with stock exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-17, 04:03 PM
Rezno
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default PPE Headers sound with stock exhaust

Does anyone have a sound clip of this? Every video I find has both headers and exhaust. If there aren't any videos, if anyone has run this setup before, how does the car sound with just headers? (how much louder than stock, any drone?)

For anyone wondering I don't want the car to be too loud. Thanks!
Old 08-30-17, 10:59 AM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

I have PPE headers on a stock mid-pipe and stock axle back. But I also have a pretty loud short ram Fujita intake. I'd easily say my intake is louder than my headers. LOL!

Anyhow, if you'd worried about the additional sound output while using a factory mid-pipe and axle back, don't be.
The following users liked this post:
Rezno (08-30-17)
Old 08-30-17, 12:56 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
I have PPE headers on a stock mid-pipe and stock axle back. But I also have a pretty loud short ram Fujita intake. I'd easily say my intake is louder than my headers. LOL!

Anyhow, if you'd worried about the additional sound output while using a factory mid-pipe and axle back, don't be.
Do you have the secondary cats on?Really how is it crousing at 3-4000 RPM.Is it annoying?
Old 08-30-17, 01:25 PM
Rezno
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350

Appreciate it. Thanks! I just have a Joe Z intake and it really isn't much louder over stock unless I rev it up. I was hoping headers wouldn't make it too much louder and it seems like they don't.
Old 09-02-17, 10:03 AM
MDHLexus
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if this will help but... as I was putting the 250 back to stock, I had a stock mid pipe and muffler delete with Mazzuri headers. I changed the headers out and put in the stock manifold, and the sound was really not that much different... I thought it was going to be insanely quieter but it really wasn't. It was definitely at least a little bit quieter, but really not too much of a difference at all. But when I had an aftermarket mid pipe, and then put the headers on... it was much much louder. The headers seemed to be amplified only when I had an aftermarket mid pipe set up.
Old 09-03-17, 07:17 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by PAVGR
Do you have the secondary cats on?Really how is it crousing at 3-4000 RPM.Is it annoying?
Yes, stock mid-pipe. There are no audible downsides at all with these setup.

Originally Posted by Rezno
Appreciate it. Thanks! I just have a Joe Z intake and it really isn't much louder over stock unless I rev it up. I was hoping headers wouldn't make it too much louder and it seems like they don't.
No problem! They really won't. Yes, it will be noticeable; but nothing annoy or obnoxious.

Originally Posted by MDHLexus
Not sure if this will help but... as I was putting the 250 back to stock, I had a stock mid pipe and muffler delete with Mazzuri headers. I changed the headers out and put in the stock manifold, and the sound was really not that much different... I thought it was going to be insanely quieter but it really wasn't. It was definitely at least a little bit quieter, but really not too much of a difference at all. But when I had an aftermarket mid pipe, and then put the headers on... it was much much louder. The headers seemed to be amplified only when I had an aftermarket mid pipe set up.
Thanks for the confirmation!