Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

srt intake ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-03 | 07:18 AM
halo11422
Rookie

Post srt intake ?

hey has anyone heard of SRT( Swift Racing Tech) there in Baltimore Maryland? There claiming that thier intake will garner a 25-30 hp gain!!!! Ive been researching intakes to purchase one and this seems like the most hp gain that anyone is claiming from intake alone. Now they do say that it comes with some type of ecu upgrade also. Anyway please if anyone Knows about these guys please reply. lookin too do some serious work to my 1998 gs 400 real soon, so if anyone has ideas or suggestions it would be really appreciated
Old 06-21-03 | 07:35 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Welcome to CL! And large kudos for you posting in the appopriate forum

SRT and their products have been discussed very often here.

Try this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...der=descending

Here are a few of my pages

- http://www.digitalsimple.com/SRT%20Intake.htm
- http://www.digitalsimple.com/Paintin...rottleBody.htm
- http://www.digitalsimple.com/Aluminu...T%20Intake.htm

HTH
Old 06-21-03 | 11:25 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

i don't think that u really gain 30hp from their intake and race ecu but it does give a better gain than any intake out not turbo imo.......i switched from the weapon-r 2 srt and noticed a very nice difference. than again i have a 300 not 400 ....
Old 06-24-03 | 03:18 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Halo:

I believe we have spoken before on the phone. Just in case you haven't read you mail that I sent earlier, the 30 figure is a crank figure, which we don't really like to use anymore, ONLY because we like to deal in rwhp #'s.

That being said, the SRT HFIS & afterarket exhaust should hit around +25-27rwhp on your GS430. Check your mail for all of the particulars regarding the set up you want & buzz e back.

TTYS.

Thanks.
Old 06-27-03 | 07:48 PM
marcianof
Rookie

I have had the SRT intake and ECU for 6 months now and they work great!
WIth the Borla exhaust I got 27 more RWHP. The Borlas on their own added nothing.
I wouldn't trade my SRT intake system for anything! The reason you need the ECU chip is becasue you go from a 3" to a 3.5" ntake pipe and you need to remap the fuel table or it will not work due to the intelligent engine parameters not being satisfied.
Good combination, you will not be disappointed..
Old 06-28-03 | 11:37 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

marcinof

with your srt intake , did you honestly notice any sluggisness in off the line acceleration. i know in mid to high end rpm range its dynomite but how is it on the low end .

this is the question i have been trying to get answered for some time

last question , did your instructions come with color pics showing which wires to solder and check engine light problems
Old 07-05-03 | 09:05 PM
marcianof
Rookie

The stock GS430 is sluggish off the line to begin with. I did not notice reduced performance due to the SRT intake. I suggest a torque convertor to correct this problem. I have a 2003 model and I have been hesitant to mess with the transmission, but I hear the TC really makes a big diffence on the low end. There is also a 3.76 differential that will give you more low end torque..
Old 07-05-03 | 09:06 PM
marcianof
Rookie

Oh by the way, the instructions were not in color, but they were adequate for me. THey were very descriptive.
Old 07-21-03 | 05:10 PM
MQM
Driver

This is prolly a dumb question but i am curios..

If i do get the SRT intake will the dealer hassle me about it, meaning will it void my warranty?

I just bought the car so i dont know how the system works...Help please!
Old 07-21-03 | 06:24 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by MQM
This is prolly a dumb question but i am curios..

If i do get the SRT intake will the dealer hassle me about it, meaning will it void my warranty?

I just bought the car so i dont know how the system works...Help please!

where in florida r u? i could b wrong but anything u change they will void that warrany, but with the intake if anything happens just take it off and add the stock one back and take it in.... but nothing should happen by xchanging an intake...

Last edited by bluelex; 07-21-03 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-21-03 | 08:47 PM
MQM
Driver

Originally posted by bluelex
where in florida r u? i could b wrong but anything u change they will void that warrany, but with the intake if anything happens just take it off and add the stock one back and take it in.... but nothing should happen by xchanging an intake...
IM in parkland, just 5 min away from coral springs...Yea, but i was just wondering because i know sometimes they dont void the warranty on other cars...Thanks for the help!