Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Questions About GS4 SRT Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-03, 06:49 AM
BostonGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions About GS4 SRT Intake

Hey guys, I just gotta couple of questions about the SRT Intake for the GS400...

Ive owned civics and integras in the past with AEM CAIs, but my GS has never had anything buy stock air flow into it.... I wanna throw an intake into it this month and have been thinking SRT....i would prolly just save the money and get an Injen if they offered one for my 98, but they dont.... And im not poisoning my lex with akimoto or anything liek that ( and i think the KN setup is nasty looking).

So, a couple of questions about the SRT.

How does it sound? Is it too much or just enough? Anyone have vids?

Can you feel the difference? I guess part of this question, is it worth it??

Also, wheres the best (cheapest) place to buy?

Thanks.
Old 06-24-03, 07:19 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

u could use the search button and find lots of info on the srt, many people have it here. i have the srt 4 my gs300 and love it , it gave the car a great kick over my previuos intake. its not as loud as i thought it would b. i rode on a members car who has a 400 and srt intake and he said it made a nice difference 4 him and it sounded a little louder than mine. best place is probably steve at carson toyota...supratrd is his username or try www.intensepower.com almost the same price and they give free shipping...

Last edited by bluelex; 06-24-03 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-24-03, 01:22 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=87166
Old 06-24-03, 03:52 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Default Re: Questions About GS4 SRT Intake

Originally posted by BostonGS4
Hey guys, I just gotta couple of questions about the SRT Intake for the GS400...

Ive owned civics and integras in the past with AEM CAIs, but my GS has never had anything buy stock air flow into it.... I wanna throw an intake into it this month and have been thinking SRT....i would prolly just save the money and get an Injen if they offered one for my 98, but they dont.... And im not poisoning my lex with akimoto or anything liek that ( and i think the KN setup is nasty looking).

So, a couple of questions about the SRT.

How does it sound? Is it too much or just enough? Anyone have vids?

Can you feel the difference? I guess part of this question, is it worth it??

Also, wheres the best (cheapest) place to buy?

Thanks.
Boston:

There was at one time a really good write up on this site regarding an intake shootout between the SRT intake product & its nearest competitor. I' m not sure where that info is now, but regarding sound, it's too subjective to answer you so that you will have a clear understanding.

What I do know is that @ cruising speeds the intake is pretty calm until you go WOT. Once you are @ WOT, the intake does put forth a growling presence. This shouldn't be too much of a concern, as once you're WOT, I don't think this will be an issue. At idle, you may be able to hear the filter literally "sucking in air".
I'd be happy to answer any pricing info via PM.

Thanks.
Old 06-27-03, 07:51 PM
marcianof
Rookie

Easy to install, sounds great - LOUD AT WOT. The engine gets a second wind at 4800 RPM with the intake. Really pulls at the high end. You will not be disappointed. Buy it from SRT directly to avoid any problems. It is worth the $.
I have had it on a brand new GS430 for 6 months now.