Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2018 IS350 F-Sport AWD | "Go-to" performance upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-19, 09:31 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
Telling them there are "three engines" is what IS confusing, when there are only two. Rather, there are three models (at least, in Canada). He wanted to know if parts (specifically intakes) on a 300 and 350 engine are the same, and they are so long as he does not have a 300 RWD, which IS a different engine. All ISs with V6 are the same engine with the identical parts.

IS 300 RWD = 2.0L 4cyl turbo
IS 300 RWD = 3.5L V6
IS 350 AWD = 3.5L V6
No point in arguing about this...you're trying to clarify, I'm trying to clarify.
Old 01-03-19, 09:32 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

Originally Posted by itsx
If you have a turbo, which i hope you should've noticed by now, you'll have the same motor as the is200t, which got rebadged as the newer is300. I think this only applied to the RWD.

If you have the v6, you have the detuned is350 motor. If you have the v6, then the one i posted prior will fit bc we have the same motor. If you have the turbo then you'll be looking at the same intake as the is200t
He said he had the AWD which means he has the V6 not the turbo four.
Old 01-03-19, 09:34 AM
itsx
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold

To the OP, be careful with tunes and warranty. Yours is a 2018 and I'm sure you would hate to see any warranty work denied (even as solid as this tune is).
I wonder if the car has a flash counter (counts how many time the ecu has been flashed)
So say if whoever decides to get a tune, they flash back to stock for maintenance/warranty work, then reflash their tune when they get home.
This won't apply to me as I'm out of warranty lol
Old 01-03-19, 09:34 AM
Manawhat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold

No point in arguing about this...you're trying to clarify, I'm trying to clarify.
I just learned so much lmao thank you everyone, I really appreciate it. I always wondered what the difference between the 300 and 350 was
Old 01-03-19, 09:39 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

Originally Posted by itsx
I wonder if the car has a flash counter (counts how many time the ecu has been flashed)
So say if whoever decides to get a tune, they flash back to stock for maintenance/warranty work, then reflash their tune when they get home.
This won't apply to me as I'm out of warranty lol
Not sure, but it's definitely worth the disclaimer to anyone who's thinking of a tune (especially if they aren't automotive/tech savy). Obviously if you are out of warranty, go nuts lol.
Old 08-18-21, 07:15 PM
HabibiLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Glad you're jumping right into the performance aspect of your car!

Let me shed some enlightenment before you purchase as to not just sell you something.
Swaybars aren't a necessity with a good set of coilovers. And if you've been around the aftermarket world you know you get what you pay for. We carry a Road & Track set with custom spring rates to accommodate to your needs.

USRS Bushings are a must and dramatically change the feel and steering aspect of the vehicle to be more responsive.

Exhaust, you have tons of options but we found, especially power wise for gains and tone, RR Racing Tuned headers (made specifically for us by PPE) and an ARK Exhaust.

Intakes, for Lexus cars and you can ask anyone who has been around them for a while, an intake BY ITSELF, will give no gains and more than likely hinder power.

We are the leading company in aftermarket for these cars and are deadly accurate with our tunes as well. A tune + FBO you'll see gains of 30-40whp.

Let me add that Lexus swapped to a different ECU for 2018, with that being said our handhelds at the moment will not work for the tuning aspect, for right now.

Next and lastly on the list is our Superchargers, FBO + Supercharger kit you'll see 410WHP out of your car.

With all that being said, we give true and honest numbers and push all of our cars to the limit daily. If you're interested call us or email us and we will give you the best deal for all of your needs.

-Sean
when can we expect a tune for the 2018 Lexus AWD? I’ve been waiting to do the headers, exhaust, but want to make sure there’s a tune available