Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tsudo exhaust - add midpipe or delete/replace resonator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-19, 12:22 PM
chargers11
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tsudo exhaust - add midpipe or delete/replace resonator?

Hi all,

I installed a Tsudo axle back on my IS350. It has a nice drone while revving in low gears and goes away in 5th and 6th gear cruising.
Problem I'm having is that I can barely hear the exhaust when I rev past 3.5k-4k rpms. The drone goes away and all I hear is the engine and it sounds stock at high rpms. I'm also planning on doing the budget f-sport intake mod where I cut a big hole in the intake. I've heard great things about it, I just haven't had the tools lol.

I'm wondering if I should get an Invidia midpipe or try a resonator delete/aftermarket resonator. The resonators aren't very expensive, neither is a delete but not sure if I'll hear the exhaust at higher rpms. The invidia midpipe is an option but it's another $320 for the part and around $100 for the install, considering I already spent a couple hundred on my exhaust I'd rather spend less right now lol.

What recommendations do you have? Thanks
Old 06-11-19, 03:28 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

I have the Tsudo as well and I love it . I’ve thought about adding a megan midpipe if it doesn’t change the tone . I’ve heard it with the invidia middy on a buddy’s car with the Tsudo and it sounds nice. You can delete the secondary cats as well to see how it sounds.
Old 06-11-19, 04:14 PM
MNEWGEN
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chargers11
Hi all,

I installed a Tsudo axle back on my IS350. It has a nice drone while revving in low gears and goes away in 5th and 6th gear cruising.
Problem I'm having is that I can barely hear the exhaust when I rev past 3.5k-4k rpms. The drone goes away and all I hear is the engine and it sounds stock at high rpms. I'm also planning on doing the budget f-sport intake mod where I cut a big hole in the intake. I've heard great things about it, I just haven't had the tools lol.

I'm wondering if I should get an Invidia midpipe or try a resonator delete/aftermarket resonator. The resonators aren't very expensive, neither is a delete but not sure if I'll hear the exhaust at higher rpms. The invidia midpipe is an option but it's another $320 for the part and around $100 for the install, considering I already spent a couple hundred on my exhaust I'd rather spend less right now lol.

What recommendations do you have? Thanks
Not sure if you're into drone, but what I've heard and research, Invidia will cause drone. I have a MR midpipe right now with stock mufflers cause I haven't decided which exhaust to get if I end up getting one. But here's some with the MR midpipe, Tsudo exhaust combo.
Old 06-11-19, 05:53 PM
bbaugher47

I too prefer the megan midpipe. The invidia probably makes a little more hp since it’s less restrictive though. There is a guy selling a barely used Invida mid pipe here in VA for 300 if you want to make the drive.
Old 06-11-19, 06:51 PM
chargers11
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
I too prefer the megan midpipe. The invidia probably makes a little more hp since it’s less restrictive though. There is a guy selling a barely used Invida mid pipe here in VA for 300 if you want to make the drive.
Hm I'm in Charlotte so that's a bit of a drive and they're going for $340 on eBay shipped.

I emailed someone who's selling a Megan midpipe for $130 shipped, it sounds too good to be true and they're only accepting PayPal gift even though I offered to pay the fees for buyer & seller protection.
Old 06-12-19, 03:24 AM
bbaugher47

Yeah. Be careful out there. Tons of scammers. I would tell him to pound sand.