Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Lexus is250 air intake suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-19 | 09:48 PM
401deep
10th Gear

Default Lexus is250 air intake suggestions?

So I’m planning on buying a cold air intake for my 2009 Lexus is250, I was wondering what your guys thoughts are on the best intakes to get. I was thinking bout gettin an F-Sport intake but idk if there’s any other better intakes for my car but I want my car to sound pretty clean
Old 07-01-19 | 05:39 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Aftermarket intakes gain no power, you'll actually lose power going with an aftermarket intake. The only gain from them is the intake noise, but 90% of them have an open cone filter resting in the engine bay drawing in hot air. We recommend using stock intake box with a drop in high flow filter and just leaving it at that.

-Sean
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 07-01-19 | 09:15 AM
Mikes08
Rookie

Why take out the factory snorkel air box and replace it with a cone style air box that sucks in hot air?? How is that suppose to increase horsepower?? If you want noise just buy the F-sport box with a high flow air filter and call it a day. That's what I did, and the only thing I noticed is the increase in intake sound. If you have an aftermarket exhaust like I do, it blends in with the exhaust note when accelerating. I would not make the intake on the top of you modification list especially if you have a IS250. When I first got this car I thought the same way I want to make it fast the more I dug into it the more I realized how this platform does not have the huge after market support that the first generation IS300 has. I came to a realization that in order to make this car fast I would have to spend a TON of money doing so. I've looked into a 2jz swap , LS swap ect. There's even a supercharger kit that RR racing sells for our platform but, since it's release I haven't seen anyone with it installed on this forum. I went with suspension upgrades BC coil overs , F- sport sway bars. The car handles great on the twist and turns and I happy with that.
Old 07-02-19 | 05:19 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mikes08
Why take out the factory snorkel air box and replace it with a cone style air box that sucks in hot air?? How is that suppose to increase horsepower?? If you want noise just buy the F-sport box with a high flow air filter and call it a day. That's what I did, and the only thing I noticed is the increase in intake sound. If you have an aftermarket exhaust like I do, it blends in with the exhaust note when accelerating. I would not make the intake on the top of you modification list especially if you have a IS250. When I first got this car I thought the same way I want to make it fast the more I dug into it the more I realized how this platform does not have the huge after market support that the first generation IS300 has. I came to a realization that in order to make this car fast I would have to spend a TON of money doing so. I've looked into a 2jz swap , LS swap ect. There's even a supercharger kit that RR racing sells for our platform but, since it's release I haven't seen anyone with it installed on this forum. I went with suspension upgrades BC coil overs , F- sport sway bars. The car handles great on the twist and turns and I happy with that.
We've had quite a few SC installs done already on 250's. Unfortunately you're right, I don't think many of them are on the Forum platform. But there is a specific group on facebook for boosted Lexus's that I'm sure you could get some better insight on the kit with.

-Sean
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 07-12-19 | 02:17 PM
HOMER350
Racer

I got big increase in sound on my IS350 without loosing the box (heat protection) or snorkel.

Cut a hole in the lower intake box to mimic 2gen F-SPORT intake with F-SPORT filter and tube.
Old 07-12-19 | 02:19 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Somebody on here bought a few of the more common aftermarket intakes and did before and after Dyno tests.

The one with the greatest power.......stock.

Best to not deviate too far from that. Although looks and sound are gained from the others as well.