Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anyone have the RR Racing Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-22 | 03:07 AM
mkane
Rookie

Attached the video, will try again on an empty road thats nearby me, see what the real top speed is..i think I could easily beat the 154 i got previously as the car kept pulling i just had to slow down for the highway
Attached Files
Old 03-11-22 | 06:03 AM
mrlmf7
Driver School Candidate

With the 7200rpm tune you must use the paddles with the car in manual mode, that fixed my issues completely. If I am not in manual mode the car will not upshift with paddles when I am WOT. I tracked my car last fall and I had the best time on the track. I could not be happier with my RR tune, I have added the Ark exhaust and I have the headers in storage, will add them in a couple of months.
Old 03-11-22 | 08:34 AM
Leo7
Driver

Originally Posted by mrlmf7
With the 7200rpm tune you must use the paddles with the car in manual mode, that fixed my issues completely. If I am not in manual mode the car will not upshift with paddles when I am WOT. I tracked my car last fall and I had the best time on the track. I could not be happier with my RR tune, I have added the Ark exhaust and I have the headers in storage, will add them in a couple of months.
where did you purchase the headers?

and did you get it ceramic coated or titanium wrapped?

is it raspy?
i have the tune, paired with an ARK exhaust
Old 03-11-22 | 08:42 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrlmf7
In addition to the rev limiter bouncing @ 7200rpm, they can also provide a tune with auto-shift when it hits 7200rpm. I opted for this because it's always late to realize I'm still in normal mode doing a WOT from a stop light. It's not a good feeling when this happens.

Last edited by s3v3n; 03-11-22 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-11-22 | 09:53 AM
GrizzlyMan
Intermediate

It is recommended to have them ceramic coated.
When getting them installed if they are wrapped, will get tangled w bolts, sensors and after a while they do deteriorate and rust the headers.
Ceramic coated is worth the investment.

The raspiness is not the headers, it is running straight pipes. I could not find an Nvidia midpipe so replsced the stock resonator w a bigger hi flow.

I still have the secondary cats to keep the rotten egg smell down, and overall exhaust note.
Mine are PPE headers. I would contact the company and ask them if they finally fixed the O2 sensor issue that hits the trandmission cooler.

And also their quality control issues. I received a set all scratched, dinged up.

And in response to the tune, I did finally got mine from RR-Racing, it is set to 7200 rev limit, like others mentioned, need to be set to S, use paddles or the shifter plus minus, up and down option.
good luck