Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Throttle Enhancer for 2007 IS 350 (Sprint Booster)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-19 | 11:19 PM
IS350PDX
Driver School Candidate

Talking Throttle Enhancer for 2007 IS 350 (Sprint Booster)

So, I've been hearing a lot about the Sprint Booster throttle enhancer providing better pedal response and I started thinking about getting one. But, the $300 price tag was a bit too much. I started looking around and found that there were other brands doing the same thing costing around 50 - 100 dollars on Ebay and Amazon. I ended up settling for the Eittar 9 mode gizmo on ebay and took a chance. It set me back about $70 which is not bad. I've always hated the low end lag on my is 350 but love everything else about the car. I finally got the unit and it was a lot smaller than the picture. Smaller than a credit card. It came with clear instructions which took about 5 minutes to install. Took it out on the road and wow....big difference. It took about half a day of testing to finally settle on a setting that is smooth and responsive. I always drive the car in Sport (manual) and use the paddle shifters 90% of the time. But, the Sport (manual) + throttle enhancer made the car very jerky so I put it back on Normal (manual) + throttle enhancer bringing the car back to a smooth ride. Messing with all the levels, I ended up on P1 (4) which provides just the right low end punch and nice smooth ride overall. Soooo, if you're thinking about getting one of these, go for it. The car comes alive and it's a joy to drive. No more annoying low end lag.

This is the one I ordered for my 2007 is 350:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-...1:pf:0&vxp=mtr

If anyone else owns one of these and can post other 'fun' settings, please post. Thanks.

Last edited by IS350PDX; 09-03-19 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-04-19 | 11:27 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Not to burst your bubble, and I hope you don't run into any problems. I had the more expensive Apexi version. It crapped out about a year later. In the beginning it did do what your stating. Even the crazy manual mode symptoms. I ran it always on the RED mode.

Once is started going out. It would have some serious bogg issues. Like it couldn't sense the pedal input. Then when I finally got fed up with it. The car wanted to stall at times especially at low speeds. Example trying to cross the median on rush hour traffic.

Pulled the darn thing out. All has been well since. A lot of people have had good success with theirs, but I've seen others had similar issues on the ISF forums, and RCF forums.
Old 09-04-19 | 06:10 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

The RR Tune seems to help that issue too! Tho I never thought it to be much of an issue personally.

$70 closer to a tune...
Old 09-04-19 | 08:57 PM
IS350PDX
Driver School Candidate

MikeFig82 - Day 4 and I finally experienced what you're describing. Backed out of the drive way, placed in sport (paddle) and got the CHECK VSC and the car stalled and almost drove like snow mode. Brought the car back in the garage, took it off and all was well. The CHECK VSC warning and check engine went off after driving 30 miles or so. I wish there was a cheap tune to address the low end lag without other upgrades. I'll see if they provide a refund
Old 09-05-19 | 08:32 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS350PDX
MikeFig82 - Day 4 and I finally experienced what you're describing. Backed out of the drive way, placed in sport (paddle) and got the CHECK VSC and the car stalled and almost drove like snow mode. Brought the car back in the garage, took it off and all was well. The CHECK VSC warning and check engine went off after driving 30 miles or so. I wish there was a cheap tune to address the low end lag without other upgrades. I'll see if they provide a refund
Dang that sucks.
Old 09-09-19 | 06:28 AM
Icetrai350
Driver

Originally Posted by IS350PDX
So, I've been hearing a lot about the Sprint Booster throttle enhancer providing better pedal response and I started thinking about getting one. But, the $300 price tag was a bit too much. I started looking around and found that there were other brands doing the same thing costing around 50 - 100 dollars on Ebay and Amazon. I ended up settling for the Eittar 9 mode gizmo on ebay and took a chance. It set me back about $70 which is not bad. I've always hated the low end lag on my is 350 but love everything else about the car. I finally got the unit and it was a lot smaller than the picture. Smaller than a credit card. It came with clear instructions which took about 5 minutes to install. Took it out on the road and wow....big difference. It took about half a day of testing to finally settle on a setting that is smooth and responsive. I always drive the car in Sport (manual) and use the paddle shifters 90% of the time. But, the Sport (manual) + throttle enhancer made the car very jerky so I put it back on Normal (manual) + throttle enhancer bringing the car back to a smooth ride. Messing with all the levels, I ended up on P1 (4) which provides just the right low end punch and nice smooth ride overall. Soooo, if you're thinking about getting one of these, go for it. The car comes alive and it's a joy to drive. No more annoying low end lag.

This is the one I ordered for my 2007 is 350:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-...1:pf:0&vxp=mtr

If anyone else owns one of these and can post other 'fun' settings, please post. Thanks.
In all honesty my personal opinion of these cars is well. I think it gets off the line pretty quick for a Lexus. With appropriate mods and investing the proper money into quality upgrades you can see great changes in the car. I know everyone's money is different but it's well worth it if you save for the tune and get some exhaust work done.

Cheers