Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Gs 300 Forced Induction

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-03, 12:23 AM
cong28
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
is he a private mechanic or a shop? He went through so many shops (ToySport, A51, etc) that I don't remember exactly where he swapped, upgraded turbo, etc. haha.
I know what you mean...but I do not actually know which mechanic he was going to refer me too. Until I receive all the parts, then I'll know. Give him a call or email to get all the details you need.
Old 09-05-03, 01:43 PM
sirsomo
Pole Position

I just recieved an email from Mike at Prolex saying that the Powerdyne SC kits are complete. I dont know if this means they are in stock and ready to be shipped or what, I just wanted you guys to know.
Old 09-05-03, 02:33 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ray, what have you chosen to do, swap or bolt on?
Old 09-05-03, 03:02 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Richie
Ray, what have you chosen to do, swap or bolt on?
I'm not looking for 600rwhp monster Aristo I just need enough to wipe out most cars on the street. Probably 400rwhp range. Most likely I'll be goin bolt-on turbo with even more tune up.

XS Turbo kit sounds very promising actually. Their IS300 kit produces 400+rwhp for around $7500 installed which to me sounds reasonable. However that's more than what the auto tranny on the IS (and probably the GS also) could handle. When the new bolt-on turbo for IS/GS300 comes out soon it should be near 350rwhp range, under $7500 installed, and Carb exempt I think keeping it carb exempt is 1 of the most important factors to me.

If SRT or ProLex kits can't be carb exempt then I probably won't consider them. It's easier to get a stock V300 swap to be legal in CA than to get bolt-on turbos legal.

Since my brother can get XS parts at a nice discount I could probably be getting a awesome deal We shall see when the time comes. This is planned for probably another 3~4 months away (if my diet plan works like it should) if you know what i mean
Old 09-05-03, 03:16 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I'm not looking for 600rwhp monster Aristo I just need enough to wipe out most cars on the street. Probably 400rwhp range. Most likely I'll be goin bolt-on turbo with even more tune up.

XS Turbo kit sounds very promising actually. Their IS300 kit produces 400+rwhp for around $7500 installed which to me sounds reasonable. However that's more than what the auto tranny on the IS (and probably the GS also) could handle. When the new bolt-on turbo for IS/GS300 comes out soon it should be near 350rwhp range, under $7500 installed, and Carb exempt I think keeping it carb exempt is 1 of the most important factors to me.

If SRT or ProLex kits can't be carb exempt then I probably won't consider them. It's easier to get a stock V300 swap to be legal in CA than to get bolt-on turbos legal.

Since my brother can get XS parts at a nice discount I could probably be getting a awesome deal We shall see when the time comes. This is planned for probably another 3~4 months away (if my diet plan works like it should) if you know what i mean
You better keep me posted Ray!!
Old 09-05-03, 03:54 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

XS Turbo kit sounds very promising actually. Their IS300 kit produces 400+rwhp for around $7500 installed which to me sounds reasonable. However that's more than what the auto tranny on the IS (and probably the GS also) could handle.
FWIW: I've got about 24K miles on my car with 400+ rwhp and the tranny has held up so far. Just a valve body and tranny cooler.
Old 09-05-03, 10:54 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Mr Johnson
FWIW: I've got about 24K miles on my car with 400+ rwhp and the tranny has held up so far. Just a valve body and tranny cooler.
I always thought the Transmission on the GS300 was different from the GS400/430...correct me if I'm wrong.

When the new bolt-on turbo for IS/GS300 comes out soon it should be near 350rwhp range, under $7500 installed, and Carb exempt
Ray: CA Smog Exempt would be awesome if that ever happened but I haven't seen any bolt on turbos that comes with Smog Exempt....I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by cong28; 09-05-03 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-06-03, 12:17 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by cong28
I always thought the Transmission on the GS300 was different from the GS400/430...correct me if I'm wrong.

Ray: CA Smog Exempt would be awesome if that ever happened but I haven't seen any bolt on turbos that comes with Smog Exempt....I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I've also heard they're different but I don't know for sure. And I don't know if IS300 and GS300 tranny is the same one also (most likely yes).

Some turbo kits for other cars are carb legal. I was reading this magazine (import tuner or something) at Borders last week and they tested like 30+ forced induction kits. some of them are turbo and have carb exempt numbers. It's probably not that hard to keep it carb legal if it's not producing too much power from too much boost which equals smog I guess.

XS turbo kit for the IS300 that was fitted on the automatic IS300 before that produced 400+rwhp requires valve body upgrade and cooler if I remember correctly. I will probably be getting a ATF cooler soon (only like 46 bucks online) thanks to BananaGS's DIY page. Much props to him. With my daily torture of my tranny I probably needed one of those long time ago.
Old 09-08-03, 12:21 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

I always thought the transmissions were the same except for the e-shift controls. That would include the GS300, GS4x0, IS, and SC430.

Last edited by Mr Johnson; 09-08-03 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-09-03, 01:15 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Mr Johnson
I always thought the transmissions were the same except for the e-shift controls. That would include the GS300, GS4x0, IS, and SC430.
Wouldn't that mean you could retrofit the E-shift to all those models?
Old 10-02-03, 10:28 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Default THREAD Revived!

I saw the fabulous words...CARB

XS turbo..where are they located? any website?
Old 10-05-03, 02:58 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: THREAD Revived!

Originally posted by meanboy
I saw the fabulous words...CARB

XS turbo..where are they located? any website?
XS engineering of CA. I think they moved to Huntington Beach.
Old 10-05-03, 01:01 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Found it, thanks.

Are they working on CARB cert turbo kit right now?
Old 10-06-03, 12:57 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by meanboy
Found it, thanks.

Are they working on CARB cert turbo kit right now?
as far as I know it's already completed. Just doing long-term road testing now. CARB certification should also be in the works.
Old 10-06-03, 01:13 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

CARB cert is very important for us...

Quick Reply: Gs 300 Forced Induction