Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Thinking on an aftermarket exhaust, 2016 IS350 F Sport AWD.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-19, 06:22 PM
silbercar
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thinking on an aftermarket exhaust, 2016 IS350 F Sport AWD.

I like something deep sounding and throaty like the way those Infiniti Q50s’ sound with their aftermarket exhausts. Not obnoxiously irritating but has that wonderful growl and purr.

I was thinking between an F Sport exhaust or a muffler delete (with an x pipe). I like the way the muffler delete sounds but I know there are better options out there.

I am fairly new to exhaust upgrades and I’m also looking for something that is not exorbitantly pricey like an Arkgrip catback. Invidia catback is another one on the list but like I said, I want that perfect combo of something that’s not too quiet but also not too brash
Old 10-17-19, 04:56 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silbercar
I like something deep sounding and throaty like the way those Infiniti Q50s’ sound with their aftermarket exhausts. Not obnoxiously irritating but has that wonderful growl and purr.

I was thinking between an F Sport exhaust or a muffler delete (with an x pipe). I like the way the muffler delete sounds but I know there are better options out there.

I am fairly new to exhaust upgrades and I’m also looking for something that is not exorbitantly pricey like an Arkgrip catback. Invidia catback is another one on the list but like I said, I want that perfect combo of something that’s not too quiet but also not too brash
Same car but non f sport. Any updates? What have you been looking at? I'm looking into the ark grip cat back exhaust. I spoke with guys over at rr racing and he mentioned that it's one of the better exhaust for our lexus.
Old 10-17-19, 10:34 AM
silbercar
Driver

Originally Posted by Vgota350
Same car but non f sport. Any updates? What have you been looking at? I'm looking into the ark grip cat back exhaust. I spoke with guys over at rr racing and he mentioned that it's one of the better exhaust for our lexus.
Nothing else unfortunately but I have thought of the F sport exhaust (it’s not really much of an attention seeker but it’s also not too boring either) or an Invidia Q300 catback. Both are at similar prices, the question now is whether or not I am able to afford getting ticketed by **** officers. The Arkgrip is nice but it’s too loud. Another good alternative is GT exhaust if you’re in the market for an aftermarket exhaust setup.
Old 10-20-19, 04:10 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

Nothing else unfortunately but I have thought of the F sport exhaust (it’s not really much of an attention seeker but it’s also not too boring either) or an Invidia Q300 catback. Both are at similar prices, the question now is whether or not I am able to afford getting ticketed by **** officers. The Arkgrip is nice but it’s too loud. Another good alternative is GT exhaust if you’re in the market for an aftermarket exhaust setup.
It would be nice to hear different exhaust in person. I want a low rumble growl, not a tin can sound. When I spoke with a rep at rr racing, he mentioned that the invidia sounds tin can like.
I also don't want to get tired or annoyed at the sound either. It's a daily so it's not easy to pick one out. Especially if all I have is video sound clips, reviews and subjective opinions. I gotta go to a car meet. That would be a good chance to hear an exhaust on a lexus. I'm in the NYC area.
Old 10-20-19, 09:11 AM
silbercar
Driver

It would be nice to hear different exhaust in person. I want a low rumble growl, not a tin can sound. When I spoke with a rep at rr racing, he mentioned that the invidia sounds tin can like.
I also don't want to get tired or annoyed at the sound either. It's a daily so it's not easy to pick one out. Especially if all I have is video sound clips, reviews and subjective opinions. I gotta go to a car meet. That would be a good chance to hear an exhaust on a lexus. I'm in the NYC area.
A low rumble growl - sounds like you need to upgrade to an ISF! Haha.
Old 10-20-19, 09:52 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

A low rumble growl - sounds like you need to upgrade to an ISF! Haha.
RCF, now we talking!
Old 10-20-19, 10:50 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

JoeZ gives some rumble too
Old 11-05-19, 01:21 PM
Vgota350
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
JoeZ gives some rumble too
I am searching online but I don't see Joe z exhaust... Any links you can send me?
Old 11-05-19, 07:54 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

I am searching online but I don't see Joe z exhaust... Any links you can send me?

http://www.modinjapan.com/pts-is2014awd-full.html
Old 11-07-19, 02:53 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

Thank you for sharing.
Old 11-07-19, 09:21 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Thank you for sharing.
No problem, they also offer a RWD version
Old 11-08-19, 03:29 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

No problem, they also offer a RWD version
Thanks I have the awd. I am also considering the ark grip cat back exhaust. Any thoughts on that model?
Old 11-08-19, 04:31 AM
silbercar
Driver

Thanks I have the awd. I am also considering the ark grip cat back exhaust. Any thoughts on that model?
I’m getting that installed tomorrow on my 350 AWD. I’ll let you know, videos just don’t do justice and it’ll be my first time hearing this rare aftermarket exhaust.
Old 11-08-19, 03:09 PM
Vgota350
Rookie

I’m getting that installed tomorrow on my 350 AWD. I’ll let you know, videos just don’t do justice and it’ll be my first time hearing this rare aftermarket exhaust.
That's awesome! Anything you can share would be great. I read that you should use oem gaskets in order to assure you have no leaks. Would you happen to be near NYC?
Old 11-08-19, 06:08 PM
silbercar
Driver

That's awesome! Anything you can share would be great. I read that you should use oem gaskets in order to assure you have no leaks. Would you happen to be near NYC?
Ugh I have the original gaskets that are rusted. I bought this used after all. Think I could ask the shop to use the OEM gaskets.

and unfortunately not, I live in Toronto.

Quick Reply: Thinking on an aftermarket exhaust, 2016 IS350 F Sport AWD.