Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2001 GS300 P1300 code

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-20, 04:40 PM
Lebes
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 GS300 P1300 code

P1300 code thrown

hey everyone,

So I'm brand new to this forum and have been coming on here alot to find stuff out about my 2001 gs300. I recently bought it in the last month. Everything has been running good but 2day at the bank it started bogging down on me then shutoff at a red light. Engine light came on and vcs light also. It restarted and I made it home. Hooked it up to code reader and it showed code for P1300 and P0715. So I checked out this forum. After checking over ignition coil packs and plug wires, I noticed coil pack wire connector was so brittle on the front pack is was broke apart inside. Put it back on without the inside plastic of connector. Engine and vcs lights are now. So I'm looking on any information on what I should look at replacing or checking out to sort this code error out. since I dont know when any packs,wires or plugs been changed and plus thedamaged connectors.
Old 06-16-20, 05:18 AM
TrueGS300
Racer

Received 464 Likes on 378 Posts

That code could come from the bad connections at the coil packs. I'd also unplug the igniter on the drivers side and check for corrosion, clean, and plug back in. Any lack of connection between the PCM, igniter, coils, and possibly even injectors can cause that code. Looks like the transmission is taking a ***** too. Input shaft speed irregularity isn't a good code to have.