Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200T Turbo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-20, 06:43 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by timghetta
You want to put on an aftermarket turbo, manifold, new plumbing? Are you gonna use the tiny stock intercooler or put in a front mount? Flat steel for the flanges, tig weld a custom everything? Finding a turbo is the easy part, everything it's connected to would be hard.
They are saying the 8AR-FTS is the next 3S-GTE, but until a market matures, it's not going to happen. It goes back to my original idea unless someone is willing to design and make a jig for mass producing it just isn't out there. Now a majority of people are looking for the already designed bolt on kit.

What you need is a welder buddy to put up the car and start mocking it out.

What part of Florida are you in? Probably places in Orlando or South Florida someone can do it, just gonna be a lot of money.
Has anyone run water injection on this engine, either to supplement the factory turbo or increased cooling demands a larger one? I have a GS and there is a ton of room up front to mount everything. I was eyeing some spots for the nozzle while I was changing spark plugs. Looks like there is a cast aluminum 90 degree connection pipe in between the IC outlet and the TB.
Old 09-09-20, 11:37 AM
Thatschwag
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
Has anyone run water injection on this engine, either to supplement the factory turbo or increased cooling demands a larger one? I have a GS and there is a ton of room up front to mount everything. I was eyeing some spots for the nozzle while I was changing spark plugs. Looks like there is a cast aluminum 90 degree connection pipe in between the IC outlet and the TB.
I had a snow performance universal kit from my old MKV GLI (might throw in on the new car just for ****s/giggles) and I literally found no way to make it work. May be different on your GS. The heatsoak is so bad w/S2+ here in the southeast US, I'd pull 10psi wot when I'd sit at a stoplight for a bit. Would pull timing/boost on techstream logs and everything until I got moving to cool it down. There was too much stuff in the way to make it worthwhile. If you can make it work, go for it. I see nothing but benefit from W/M injection, especially with **** gas. I used to run mixed 100LL AVGas/93 (who cares about O2 sensors lol). I got rid of my IS, never will own another 8AR platform or a Lexus. That POS waste gate actuator is enough to drive an enthusiast mad. I replaced 4 of them. 3 of them were with a stock ECM. Anyway, I was gonna pull the trigger on this turbo but the dealer let me have a 2020 Wind-chill TRD Camry for 27,200 otd. D3 performance already has tunes for it. I still would like to see a big turbo IS, just to see it really run like it should from the factory + awesome dyno graphs. I wish people the most of luck with the 62 trim and a good tranny tune. I think it will make it bearable to drive haha.

Last edited by Thatschwag; 09-09-20 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-09-20, 12:00 PM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by Thatschwag
I had a snow performance universal kit from my old MKV GLI (might throw in on the new car just for ****s/giggles) and I literally found no way to make it work. May be different on your GS. The heatsoak is so bad w/S2+ here in the southeast US, I'd pull 10psi wot when I'd sit at a stoplight for a bit. Would pull timing/boost on techstream logs and everything until I got moving to cool it down. There was too much stuff in the way to make it worthwhile. If you can make it work, go for it. I see nothing but benefit from W/M injection, especially with **** gas. I used to run mixed 100LL AVGas/93 (who cares about O2 sensors lol). I got rid of my IS, never will own another 8AR platform or a Lexus. That POS waste gate actuator is enough to drive an enthusiast mad. I replaced 4 of them. 3 of them were with a stock ECM. Anyway, I was gonna pull the trigger on this turbo but the dealer let me have a 2020 Wind-chill TRD Camry for 27,200 otd. D3 performance already has tunes for it. I still would like to see a big turbo IS, just to see it really run like it should from the factory + awesome dyno graphs. I wish people the most of luck with the 62 trim and a good tranny tune. I think it will make it bearable to drive haha.
Thanks for the input. What was the issue with making it work, the nozzle location?

I am pretty happy with the performance and especially the mpg, last car was a heavy 6.1L heads/cam V8.

Also what Techstream setup are you using, I think I need that to change the rear brake pads on my wife's NX.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-20, 12:08 PM
Thatschwag
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BMGS
Thanks for the input. What was the issue with making it work, the nozzle location?

I am pretty happy with the performance and especially the mpg, last car was a heavy 6.1L heads/cam V8.

Also what Techstream setup are you using, I think I need that to change the rear brake pads on my wife's NX.

Thanks!
Techstream 14 (I think, it's been a while since I booted my car laptop) with the tactrix port cable. Yeah man, I couldn't find a place for the injector to be mounted. I went to this little car cause my wife couldn't drive my 15 1SS, 6speed LS3 w/FBO, dyno tune, BTR pushrods, springs, rockers and (now defunct) Lethal racing nightfury cam. She put it sideways in a parking lot, scared her and me haha. So I wound up with the little IS. Happy wife, happy life as they say.
Old 09-09-20, 12:33 PM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by Thatschwag
Techstream 14 (I think, it's been a while since I booted my car laptop) with the tactrix port cable. Yeah man, I couldn't find a place for the injector to be mounted. I went to this little car cause my wife couldn't drive my 15 1SS, 6speed LS3 w/FBO, dyno tune, BTR pushrods, springs, rockers and (now defunct) Lethal racing nightfury cam. She put it sideways in a parking lot, scared her and me haha. So I wound up with the little IS. Happy wife, happy life as they say.
It seems the best spot is on one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Lexus-...c5de%7Ciid%3A1

That connects the intercooler to the throttle body at a 90 degree angle apparently. If I can order one of those, drill and tap for the nozzle then remove and replace the stock one, it should be good. Ebay is great for closeups on parts!

Yeah I got rid of my SRT8 for similar reasons, but I am really enjoying the GS.

How did you find/obtain Techstream 14?

I appreciate it!
Old 09-19-20, 03:33 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

TwinTurbo IS350 anti lag

Old 09-21-20, 02:41 PM
DarthLex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RideLex
thanks but this turbo is only capable of handling 340hp which converts to 290ish whp. The gearing ratio and the transmission is the same as the RCF so I know it can handle the power. Looking for aftermarket that’s capable of more power.
the info on the link read 390 whp

[/QUOTE]
– Journal bearings – so-called ‘360’,
– Modification of compressor housing,
– Modification of seal plate,
– Enlarged compressor Billet Wheel,
– Genuine turbine wheel clipped&lightened,
– Genuine compressor housing,
– Genuine exhaust manifold,
– Genuine bearing housing,
– Genuine actuator,
– Dynamically Balanced.
– 100% Plug&Play fitment.
1099 euro plus shipping.
Waiting on bms to get back with me on the cost of their tune for this turbo. Talked to the guys and the compressor wheel is a 62mm and completely redone. With full bolt on, tune, and this turbo they are speculating close to 350whp[/QUOTE]
The following users liked this post:
lexusluke6 (01-11-21)
Old 01-11-21, 05:48 AM
lexusluke6
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by DarthLex
the info on the link read 390 whp

– Journal bearings – so-called ‘360’,
– Modification of compressor housing,
– Modification of seal plate,
– Enlarged compressor Billet Wheel,
– Genuine turbine wheel clipped&lightened,
– Genuine compressor housing,
– Genuine exhaust manifold,
– Genuine bearing housing,
– Genuine actuator,
– Dynamically Balanced.
– 100% Plug&Play fitment.
1099 euro plus shipping.
Waiting on bms to get back with me on the cost of their tune for this turbo. Talked to the guys and the compressor wheel is a 62mm and completely redone. With full bolt on, tune, and this turbo they are speculating close to 350whp[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
you got an instagram?