Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200T Turbo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-20, 10:34 AM
RideLex
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default IS200T Turbo Upgrade

Hi,

Could someone help me out and let me know an aftermarket turbo would fit onto the Lexus IS200t. I know there is a lot of room for a turbo upgrade so I do not want a hybrid turbo.
Old 08-18-20, 04:46 PM
timghetta
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

You want an aftermarket turbo? Like a Garrett or PTE? I don't think that will happen anytime soon. Someone did post a modified stock one I didn't pay much attention to it
I thought they might have something, but the 8AR isn't big on aftermarket items,
You can do down pipe w/ exhaust and maybe diverter valve for a BOV sound. But we are SOL on anything good.

I just purchased a flash tune for the 8AR and get a little more power.
Old 08-20-20, 01:18 AM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't think fitting an aftermarket turbo is the issue but I believe nothing is happening with this platform performance wise because we're stuck on the tuning side.
The following users liked this post:
imyang (08-22-20)
Old 08-20-20, 04:46 AM
RideLex
Rookie

Originally Posted by Miintt
I don't think fitting an aftermarket turbo is the issue but I believe nothing is happening with this platform performance wise because we're stuck on the tuning side.
I have the tuning platform for this car, both ECU and TCU. I pushed the stock turbo and it is only capable of pushing 280hp. If someone were to assist with recommending an aftermarket turbo, I’d be glad to buy it and install it on the car. I have the tuning software sitting and waiting for a bigger turbo.
Old 08-20-20, 03:18 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RideLex
I have the tuning platform for this car, both ECU and TCU. I pushed the stock turbo and it is only capable of pushing 280hp. If someone were to assist with recommending an aftermarket turbo, I’d be glad to buy it and install it on the car. I have the tuning software sitting and waiting for a bigger turbo.
What tuning platform are you using? Im curious and seeing progress on this platform gets me excited.

OV Tuning mentioned a few turbos they were testing out before they scrapped the big turbo project. Link below, hopefully that helps you narrow down sizes and models:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...l#post10629819
Old 08-20-20, 03:52 PM
RideLex
Rookie

Originally Posted by Miintt
What tuning platform are you using? Im curious and seeing progress on this platform gets me excited.

OV Tuning mentioned a few turbos they were testing out before they scrapped the big turbo project. Link below, hopefully that helps you narrow down sizes and models:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...l#post10629819
vF tuner. Full tuning support for 8AR. I saw that same post. I just do not understand where to get their V-band to OEM flange.
Old 08-20-20, 04:45 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

vF tuner. Full tuning support for 8AR. I saw that same post. I just do not understand where to get their V-band to OEM flange.
I believe the flange was supposed to come with their big turbo package but since they are no longer putting it out I don't think they would sell just the flange. It's worth reaching out to Matt to ask if you can purchase the flange but he's not very responsive.

If it's a no go from OV, I would reach out to a local fabrication shop and see if they can do something custom for you.
Old 08-20-20, 05:43 PM
timghetta
Driver

I got the TTI Stage 2 plus ECU and TCU, but no where near 280hp
The whole reason I went with the 200t was cause I don't like V6 and thought that there would be some good things coming out. Maybe like Toyota going back to it's roots for the inline 4 platform with turbo. But not seeing anything.

Old 08-20-20, 08:41 PM
DarthLex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...he-is200t.html
Old 08-20-20, 09:13 PM
RideLex
Rookie

thanks but this turbo is only capable of handling 340hp which converts to 290ish whp. The gearing ratio and the transmission is the same as the RCF so I know it can handle the power. Looking for aftermarket that’s capable of more power.
Old 08-20-20, 11:46 PM
timghetta
Driver

You want to put on an aftermarket turbo, manifold, new plumbing? Are you gonna use the tiny stock intercooler or put in a front mount? Flat steel for the flanges, tig weld a custom everything? Finding a turbo is the easy part, everything it's connected to would be hard.
They are saying the 8AR-FTS is the next 3S-GTE, but until a market matures, it's not going to happen. It goes back to my original idea unless someone is willing to design and make a jig for mass producing it just isn't out there. Now a majority of people are looking for the already designed bolt on kit.

What you need is a welder buddy to put up the car and start mocking it out.

What part of Florida are you in? Probably places in Orlando or South Florida someone can do it, just gonna be a lot of money.
Old 08-23-20, 08:10 AM
timghetta
Driver

Yeah so bigger turbo, I totally forgot about fuel delivery last thing you want to do is run lean. What are the stock injector's CC? Can the fuel pump able to deliver enough pressure? 400hp you gonna need 700cc ,
FYI the stock 2JZ-GTE USDM 550CC and JDM 440CC

So let's say you get some injectors either high or low impedance, personally I don't know much about the 8AR-FTS specs except what the engine number tells me. That is going to be one expensive ECU map tune to go through especially dyno.
Old 08-23-20, 10:37 AM
RideLex
Rookie

Originally Posted by timghetta
Yeah so bigger turbo, I totally forgot about fuel delivery last thing you want to do is run lean. What are the stock injector's CC? Can the fuel pump able to deliver enough pressure? 400hp you gonna need 700cc ,
FYI the stock 2JZ-GTE USDM 550CC and JDM 440CC

So let's say you get some injectors either high or low impedance, personally I don't know much about the 8AR-FTS specs except what the engine number tells me. That is going to be one expensive ECU map tune to go through especially dyno.
I spoke with an engineer at the Toyota plant recently, he stated when they built the 8AR-FTS they depowered it by half. For example, the car is rated for 241hp which actually was built to handle 482hp on stock internals; toyota then detuned the car for reliability. The injectors and fuel pump is the only thing he suggested to change.
The following users liked this post:
Jmart818 (01-10-22)
Old 09-01-20, 08:46 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Get Garrett internals wastage it's G25-550

IS200T Turbo Upgrade-photo649.jpg
IS200T Turbo Upgrade-photo961.jpg
IS200T Turbo Upgrade-photo437.jpg
Old 09-02-20, 06:06 AM
timghetta
Driver

Yeah he is still going to need the plumbing. No "Plug in Play" (Dr. Evil air quotes) option. What flange is that, a T3? Gonna need manifold, BOV, Charge pipe, at least it has the internal waste gate.

Quick Reply: IS200T Turbo Upgrade