Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS430 ECU Controls? Standalone Engine Management Questions..

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-03 | 09:26 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Default GS430 ECU Controls? Standalone Engine Management Questions..

Hey guys im doing some research into what would be needed to convert the GS430 ECM into a standalone engine management system from either Motec or Haltek...

Two things i can think of would be:

- nav fuel economy / estimated range > the ecu has to output fuel injector pulse for the display
- A/C im sure the GS430 A/C is integrated into the ECU somehow... as well as an A/C aux fan.

what other abnormalties does the GS430 engine have that would be needed to control? I think the VVT-i system would be disabled... and aftermarket cams would be installed. As well as a 6spd supra gearbox to help with all the problems that we would have from the factory ECM....

The idea is to have a full standalone engine management system on a car that runs as smoothly as stock, to provide a great potential for future tuning basis, be it turbo/supercharger/N/A. One thing i've learned while i was gone is that tuning is #1 to making a reliable engine.

I'm sure that with correct tuning and propor engine monitoring systems 400-500rwhp out of a stock block GS430 engine would be very easy. 600-800rwhp with some internals..

Let me know what your thoughts are on this guys, im esspecially interested in replies from people that are making high power with these cars... thanks!