Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Lexus 8AR-FTS 2.0L turbo tuner is now available

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-20, 08:10 AM
paulmantis
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NikNikNik
If you are enhanced throttle tune, it turns stock sport throttle into normal mode and when you change to sport it gives you crazy high throttle response. I’m loving my tune currently, and the support form D3 is amazing
Would love to see a video of the throttle response off the line in Sport mode!
Old 10-23-20, 10:15 AM
m1919
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

If you are enhanced throttle tune, it turns stock sport throttle into normal mode and when you change to sport it gives you crazy high throttle response. I’m loving my tune currently, and the support form D3 is amazing
Well, I'm basically sold just from this description.
Old 10-23-20, 11:03 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Yup that makes perfect sense, it was a very nice surprise. I can confirm that support has been amazing as well for me.
Old 10-23-20, 02:59 PM
Morchkin
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Almost there...

I have the d3 Performance tune/nGauge in my cart this second, but I just realized there are no instructions, and nothing here in the forum. If you can't tell--I'm new to this self tuning process. How exactly do I tune my 2016 IS200t when I receive it? From what I can tell I use the car's SD card slot, and it connects to the nGauge? Then there's an OBD2 cable--for what? Will anyone help clarify this? I just want to make sure I'm confident doing this by myself.
Old 10-23-20, 03:43 PM
jimmaay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Morchkin
I have the d3 Performance tune/nGauge in my cart this second, but I just realized there are no instructions, and nothing here in the forum. If you can't tell--I'm new to this self tuning process. How exactly do I tune my 2016 IS200t when I receive it? From what I can tell I use the car's SD card slot, and it connects to the nGauge? Then there's an OBD2 cable--for what? Will anyone help clarify this? I just want to make sure I'm confident doing this by myself.
They send you an email with a link to the instructions on how to flash your car after you buy it. But it’s simple, you plug the obd2 cable to the port on the car then you plug the other end of the cable into the back of the nguage tuner and just use the touch screen to navigate. The sd card is only for loading tunes onto the tuner (there’s a micro sd slot on the tuner itself)

Last edited by jimmaay; 10-23-20 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-23-20, 05:14 PM
BMGS
Racer

The unit comes with instructions in the box. It's very easy. Just plug in the OBDII cable to the unit, then into the car. Press the engine start button twice to go into "ignition on" mode then just follow the instructions on the NGauge to flash the tune.

While its flashing the tune, its important to make sure there are no voltage drops in the system. Make sure your battery is charged up, turn off all lights, the blower fan and the radio to eliminate unnecessary draw on the battery. I personally like to connect my battery tender and make sure its fully charged and remains charged during flashing. Its not neccessary but it add an extra layer of protection.

The SD card is used to store the various tunes and calibrations. If you want to modify your tune, you can remove the SD card and insert into a computer's sd card slot to read it. Even easier, you can just connect the NGauge through its usb port to a computer and also read and modify the contents of the sd card. It's not neccessary though unless you want to upload custom tunes or download logs from the device.

Last edited by BMGS; 10-24-20 at 02:40 AM.
Old 10-23-20, 07:24 PM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

lol im sure what he said is valid, but all you really need to do is plug it in and follow the simple on-off on-off instructions
Old 10-26-20, 07:32 AM
BMGS
Racer

Took it on the highway for the first time today. I didn't get a chance to datalog off of the NGauge but The OBDII readout from the Torque app showed it hitting 19psi. It feels strong on the highway and gets up to 80-90mph very quickly for merging on the freeway.

Not sure what else I could ask for all while getting 25-26mpg. This tuner has made an awesome commuter car out of the GS200t. I'll follow up with more some data showing boost at different rpms etc..
The following 2 users liked this post by BMGS:
m0chafrap (10-26-20), m1919 (10-26-20)
Old 10-26-20, 03:32 PM
m1919
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
Took it on the highway for the first time today. I didn't get a chance to datalog off of the NGauge but The OBDII readout from the Torque app showed it hitting 19psi. It feels strong on the highway and gets up to 80-90mph very quickly for merging on the freeway.

Not sure what else I could ask for all while getting 25-26mpg. This tuner has made an awesome commuter car out of the GS200t. I'll follow up with more some data showing boost at different rpms etc..

Any change in fuel economy or same as before?
Old 10-26-20, 04:36 PM
Morchkin
Driver School Candidate

I ended up pulling the trigger on the purchase... and received the instructions as stated here. A little embarrassed. It looks like it arrives at about noon tomorrow. Once installed I will give it a go and report back. Thank you d3 Performance for the hard work put into this.
Old 10-26-20, 05:33 PM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by m1919
Any change in fuel economy or same as before?
Nothing I have noticed yet. Common sense tells me that more power from more boost equals more fuel consumption but maybe it will be only a few points worth. I replaced the spark plugs recently so that may offset any small drop in mpg I may notice initially.
Old 10-27-20, 11:57 AM
Morchkin
Driver School Candidate

Default D3 performance tune arrived and installing…

D3 performance tune arrived and installing… so I went through all the directions and loaded tune for, which is 93 octane with throttle response. How do I know which one is correct for my vehicle? The only modification I have is a drop in K&N filter. I’m running 93 octane, however, I have access to 100 and also 110 octane.
Old 10-27-20, 12:29 PM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

D3 performance tune arrived and installing… so I went through all the directions and loaded tune for, which is 93 octane with throttle response. How do I know which one is correct for my vehicle? The only modification I have is a drop in K&N filter. I’m running 93 octane, however, I have access to 100 and also 110 octane.
well are you going to run 100 or 110 octane... No. so run the 93 tune and if you want to do the high throttle or increase rev use that one
Old 10-27-20, 03:16 PM
d3Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

If you want to run a higher octane fuel, we could build a custom tune for you. As of right now, install the 93 octane tunes.
Old 10-27-20, 03:18 PM
d3Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by paulmantis
The process with the OV tune is just that they ignore you and no longer support the tune you spent $600 on.
We aim to do better than that.
The following users liked this post:
Rhydg1 (10-27-20)

Quick Reply: Lexus 8AR-FTS 2.0L turbo tuner is now available